Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simple Question - When Ramsey starts to play amazing football in a couple weeks....?

footballhenry

What will the Snyder haters say? They would have to admit he did something good....

If he starts to play great it should come at no surprise. Before the injuries started to wear on him in '03, he showed he has that potential. Now, he has a much better team around him (as well as much better coaches).

I have faith but I'm not going to crow about it right now.

Because if Pat merely incrementally improves, I don't want to deal with weeks of "he sucks and you said he'd get better" from people who misattribute a plethora of flaws to his game and parrot each other as to how 'great' Boonell looks.

I'm taking credit for Ramsey, in ANY event, though.

Before the draft I was all over KFFL begging Snyder(if reading) to draft the kid and make it happen(via trade down, as it played out.)

:)

If Heath Shuler walked into a roster spot tomorrow and started lighting up the league, we'd love him. If Mark Brunell had kicked a$$ last season we'd have forgotten Patrick already.

Basically, your question is kind of pointless. If someone wearing a Redskins uniform does well, we love him. If he does bad, even for ONE GAME, we hate him. We are REDSKIN FANS and we blow with the wind.

Patrick Ramsey has gotten more support while not performing well than any Redskin in history. It boggles the mind. I've made more excuses for Patrick over the last few years than I can shake a stick at. DC LOVES this kid. BUT- the magic is wearing off and this city is starting to grow weary of defending him to the rest of the league.

Look at Philadelphia. If Terrell Owens drops the whining act and plays well in WEEK ONE of the season, that city will open it's arms to him again in a heartbeat. Same with any player in any town.

Play well, swell. Play poorly, we act sorely.

Originally posted by Chachie

If Heath Shuler walked into a roster spot tomorrow and started lighting up the league, we'd love him. If Mark Brunell had kicked a$$ last season we'd have forgotten Patrick already.

Basically, your question is kind of pointless. If someone wearing a Redskins uniform does well, we love him. If he does bad, even for ONE GAME, we hate him. We are REDSKIN FANS and we blow with the wind.

Patrick Ramsey has gotten more support while not performing well than any Redskin in history. It boggles the mind. I've made more excuses for Patrick over the last few years than I can shake a stick at. DC LOVES this kid. BUT- the magic is wearing off and this city is starting to grow weary of defending him to the rest of the league.

Look at Philadelphia. If Terrell Owens drops the whining act and plays well in WEEK ONE of the season, that city will open it's arms to him again in a heartbeat. Same with any player in any town.

Play well, swell. Play poorly, we act sorely.

except he hasn't played poorly

People keep talking about the excuses made for him?

2002--Rookie, Carson Palmer didn't even PLAY in his rookie year. Not much talent on this team

2003- Betts and Canidate at RB, terrible system, played a full 10 games? Hurt in his 5th game and had to finally leave in the beg. of the 11th

2004--New coach, new REAL system (plus some mediocre off playcalling) bad preseason, thrown in cold against NYG and might have won it had Rod Gardner not dropped a pass, even with his mistakes. self-admitted ready by Chicago game--thrown in cold against Cincy and first start IN PHILLY(then Pittsburgh) 7 Starts. 3-4(3 losses against class of the league and one defensive letdown vs. 'hail mary'.)

WHAT EXCUSES? people act like dude has played 4 years in one system and started full seasons?

I'm SICK of hearing how we've made excuses, when the dude has barely GOTTEn a chance.

He's started 23 games. Harrington and Carr have like twice that.

Fan of a player not the team syndrome.. I don't care who starts, but what pissed me off is people bashing after the first preseason game.. We don't know how he's going to play..

I hope he lights it up but if he doesn't I won't be sad to see him get benched.. I love PR and I am a fan.. But the TEAM comes first.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

People keep talking about the excuses made for him?

He's started 23 games. Harrington and Carr have like twice that.

Agreed. Nice points, but all EXCUSES.

However, I'm not dissing Patrick AT ALL. The point I'm making is that if a player does well, the fans love him and forgive all. If he doesn't , we don't. Relax, everyone.

Originally posted by Chachie

Agreed. Nice points, but all EXCUSES.

However, I'm not dissing Patrick AT ALL. The point I'm making is that if a player does well, the fans love him and forgive all. If he doesn't , we don't. Relax, everyone.

Excuses to me, in the parlance of such debates, are actually inaccurate shields from criticism or blame. I'll blame Pat for what he does wrong, but I don't consider the REASONS for his inconsistency to be 'excuses.'

Because when people say "excuses" on this board about Ramsey(or anything, really) they do not mean factors that actually DO excuse his inability to be an elite QB yet.

This question goes both ways you know.

If you're going to ask people to eat crow IF Ramsey starts playing amazing football in a couple weeks, does that mean you're going to do the same if he continues to play poorly in a couple weeks, or are you just going to say "It's too early" "It was only preaseason" "Give him more time".

Seems some people around here are being a little hypocritical about the value of the preseason.

Originally posted by mookie0720

If you're going to ask people to eat crow IF Ramsey starts playing amazing football in a couple weeks, does that mean you're going to do the same if he continues to play poorly in a couple weeks, or are you just going to say "It's too early" "It was only preaseason" "Give him more time".

Seems some people around here are being a little hypocritical about the value of the preseason.

ba-ZING! Nice one, Mookie. :)

Originally posted by mookie0720

:cheers:

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Excuses to me, in the parlance of such debates, are actually inaccurate shields from criticism or blame. I'll blame Pat for what he does wrong, but I don't consider the REASONS for his inconsistency to be 'excuses.'

Because when people say "excuses" on this board about Ramsey(or anything, really) they do not mean factors that actually DO excuse his inability to be an elite QB yet.

Nibbs- I absolutely adore Patrick Ramsey. I think he works hard, is dedicated to the fans, and truly wants to succeed. I also think he has a great arm and iron guts for taking the punishment he's taken. BUT- I'm at a point with the entire team where it's put up or shut up. If our o-line doesn't give him ALL the protection we claim he needs or if Joe Gibbs quits after this year, are we going to have another pre-season in '07 where we sit on this board and defend Patrick Ramsey? If ramsey loses his first 3-4 games this year are YOU going to come in here and proclaim that he should start the next week?

My original reply wasn't even really ABOUT Ramsey. It was about the fans and how fickle we can ALL be. We want to win. Win and you're in. 'Nuff said.

Originally posted by footballhenry

When Ramsey starts to play amazing football in a couple weeks what will all you Ramsey-bashers say?

Simple Question, I just want to know what the reactions are gonna be.

Ive stuck by the man since Day 1 and will continue to do so until in all certainty I am proven wrong.

Does it matter? If he plays well, then the 'Skins win, which I think will be just fine for everyone.

If he doesn't play well, then the 'Skins will lose and no one will be happy. No one will take pleasure in the fact that Patrick sucks hind teet, because he's a Redskin. I think even the people frustrated watching Patrick ultimately don't care who the QB is, as long as we win.

If he stinks up the joint, though, I fully expect the people in his corner to fight until the last minute.

Originally posted by ntotoro

Does it matter? If he plays well, then the 'Skins win, which I think will be just fine for everyone.

If he doesn't play well, then the 'Skins will lose and no one will be happy. No one will take pleasure in the fact that Patrick sucks hind teet, because he's a Redskin. I think even the people frustrated watching Patrick ultimately don't care who the QB is, as long as we win.

If he stinks up the joint, though, I fully expect the people in his corner to fight until the last minute.

Thank you NICK!! :point2sky

It's really an easy answer. I have no idea why all the "sensitivos" had to come at me for SUCH a simple reply.

Chachie

You may be an exception, but when the word 'excuses' is used in this particular topic it's used in a certain way and to denote a certain emotional position.

So, if I was overly 'sensitive' it's because I read the posts over and over about how "enough is enough" and "enough excuses,etc." Again, the word has a meaning in this context---period.

Archived