Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zeron Flemister and his shiny new Super Bowl Ring are in camp with the Raiders

ratbert_rizzo

Don't get so pushed out of shape. Flemister can't catch. I believe he has no business being in the NFL. No I don't know how he got hurt last year and I never said he was faking it. I suppose he got cut because he can't catch and couldn't catch before Spurrier and couldn't catch with Spurrier. You can say Spurrier was a terrible coach because he was. Flemister's downfall is purely because of his hands not because of coaching. I don't suppose you believe that but I do. Now if Ade Jimoh's neighbors are around I may have very similar things to say to them about Mr. Jimoh as well.

As crazy as Spurrier may seem I just cant believe he would yell at a TE for catching a pass. Last I checked I thought someone had to throw you the ball in order for you to catch it. So I guess he ripped his QB's for throwing the ball to a TE too huh? Doubt it!

He was not cutt because of his skills he was cutt due to an injury that happened during a game. He went to the Browns then the Redskins decided they were not going to release him and he came back (He had not signed with the Browns waiting for the release paperwork from the Redskins) so he played the entire 2003 season with a HUGE injury. TE were only suppose to be used as blockers under Spuurier. Look at Royal who broke his hip. No TE had a good season under Spurrier. TE was not a needed position for the "fun and Gun"

ratbert, you keep saying he can't catch that is why we got rid of him but that is just BS. Know your facts before you start a thread like this. I never said Z was a perfect ball player as no one is perfect but everything you have stated in this thread so far is 100% BS.

Originally posted by ratbert_rizzo

Just because his neighbor says he is a nice guy still doesn't make up for the fact that he sucked in the NFL.

He is a nice guy but I never said that is why he should be in the NFL. I stated all the facts and you just assumed.

Okay time for me to step in...

Take a look at his stats, he had pretty good years under norv. I am sure you were all cheering for him when he did that corny "Turkey-dance" when he scored a TD on thanksgiving day against the cowboys! Unfortunately, the coaches that followed norv were not known for utilizing their TE's in a passing capacity, therefore it may seem like he doesn't catch a lot of balls, misses a lot of balls, simply because not many are going his way. A lot of receivers miss a lot of balls, but seem like they catch a lot just because so many go their way. for example, 1 out of 3 may sound horrible, but 3 out of 9 may not sound as bad. I don't think it is up to anyone here to say so and so doesn't belong in the NFL, but as long as teams are signing them, I guess your opinion doesn't mean sh!t....

OK Huly, I understand you're friends with the guy, but I think you're allowing your friendship to cloud your judgement. He's just not a very good TE. He gets open but drops the ball.

As for why he was ultimately cut I have two words for you..."Effing Flemister!!" That is to say he also had a penchant for drawing penalties at inoportune times.

Nice guy I'm sure, but I don't think he's ever going to amount to much. Let's hope for your sake and his that after the season is over you can throw this back in my face.

As for catching he use to get yelled at by Spurrier if he caught a ball...

Hully, are you saying he would drop the ball on purpose b/c he didn't want fish lips yelling at him? :D

All kidding aside, I tend to agree with others that he wasn't such a great TE. Wish the best of luck form him in Oakland were they have some awesome offensive weapons and a great O line.

Originally posted by ratbert_rizzo

Why would anyone want Flemister.

The more important question would be, why would anyone want to expend the energy bashing a guy who was never a key player for the Skins, and who never will be again?

Huly, go girl - just one thing.....I know you didn't say you'd be rooting for him even when its against the Redskins? I'll give you an 2-3 yard completion or two (as long as no 1st downs are involved)....but lets not get carried away :)

Bang nailed it. 3 pages? For what? Zeron did an does play. He may not be the best of TE's, but he damn sure has what is amounting to a career in the NFL. Cripes I'd pay to do that. So would alot of other guys who have been shown the door without even making a team.

3 pages? Wow. It's the offseason.

I always root for my friends so I have to Tarhog. Like I said I will be rooting for only him and the skins. I still hope the raiders loose but I hope he has an excellent game!

I am not letting my friendship cloud my judgement. I have never stated that he caught every ball etc and Z does have his faults. Once him and Spurrier got on bad terms he let it affect his game because he did not care anymore which is wrong. We have all done that at some point and time.

Just look at how under Norv he did well then under shottenheimer he was still good but Spurrier everything went straight to hell:

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD

2000 Washington Redskins 5 0 1 8 8.0 8 0 0 0 0

2001 Washington Redskins 16 1 18 196 10.9 33 2 2 0 13

2002 Washington Redskins 15 7 10 146 14.6 25 2 1 0 9

2003 Washington Redskins 12 9 9 89 9.9 18 0 0 0 5

2004 New England Patriots 0 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0 0

TOTAL 48 17 38 439 11.6 33 4 3 0 27

That right there says something!

Originally posted by Huly

Just look at how under Norv he did well then under shottenheimer he was still good but Spurrier everything went straight to hell:

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD

2000 Washington Redskins 5 0 1 8 8.0 8 0 0 0 0

2001 Washington Redskins 16 1 18 196 10.9 33 2 2 0 13

2002 Washington Redskins 15 7 10 146 14.6 25 2 1 0 9

2003 Washington Redskins 12 9 9 89 9.9 18 0 0 0 5

2004 New England Patriots 0 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0 0 0

TOTAL 48 17 38 439 11.6 33 4 3 0 27

Yes in 2000 with Norv that one catch constitutes a really productive year and then he caught 18 with marty. Boy hes doing well for a pass catching TE I must say. Then everything went to hell as he got 10 then 9 catches with Spurrier. I just want to know how many he dropped each year because thats all I remember from him is drops. Why would I only remember his drops if he was making all those catches over his career?

Archived