Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zeron Flemister and his shiny new Super Bowl Ring are in camp with the Raiders

ratbert_rizzo

umm, according to that, one catch in 2000? Norv's last year, Im not sure when he actually came into the league, though correct me but I dont think he was here in 99? Looks like he had decent production under Marty and Spurrier's first years.

Also, a great TE can still make seperation and get open, though I understand not being utilized well now, its just like saying Shockey sucks cause of his stats last year, but he was not used well either having to blcok more, and then getting injured a little. Shockey has had some monster seasons though, and maybe the Raiders will get some production out of him.

I still wonder why this thread was started.

Zeron is good enough to have a career in the NFL. He was good enough for the redskins to keep him for several years. He was good enough for the patriots to sign him. And now he is good enough for the Raiders. Do I miss him being here no. But he still has what it takes to be a player in the NFL in som compacity, otherwise he would be out of the league. Remember the worst player in the NFL is still better than the thousands of kids who leave college and never make a team.

:logo:

Originally posted by Tarhog

The more important question would be, why would anyone want to expend the energy bashing a guy who was never a key player for the Skins, and who never will be again?

Cuz it's been a loooooong off-season and we're grasping....C'mon training camp!!!!:cheers:

Originally posted by panel

Did you know Matt Bowen used to be a QB in college, he had Zero Catchmister as a Reciever, when the two reunited on the skins, Bowen used to say he had to quit with being a QB because he got to frustrated with Flemmies drops.

Thats hilarious, as is this whole thread. The common theme is that Zeron can't catch but hes still amazingly in the NFL. Some things just can't be explained.

:wewantd: :raidersuc :raidersuc :raidersuc

• 2 weeks later...

For a guy who caught a grand total of one pass under Norv Turner (and maybe not even that it could have been Robiske) and averaged about a catch a game in his prime, he is sure getting a lot of attention and a Super Bowl ring. The world is not always fair and if Zeron Flemister can beat out Rickey Dudley and Josh Norman for a roster spot then I will be absolutely shocked. I don't know what he majored in at Iowa but as I said before look into the insurance sales field, I hear it can be lucrative. Or just sign with the Cardinals because they have the worst collection of Tight Ends I have ever seen with Eric Edwards (who??) starting. Two of them were undrafted last year and three are undrafted this year. What talent they have would blend well with Zeron I believe.

Originally posted by ratbert_rizzo

For a guy who caught a grand total of one pass under Norv Turner (and maybe not even that it could have been Robiske) and averaged about a catch a game in his prime, he is sure getting a lot of attention and a Super Bowl ring. The world is not always fair and if Zeron Flemister can beat out Rickey Dudley and Josh Norman for a roster spot then I will be absolutely shocked. I don't know what he majored in at Iowa but as I said before look into the insurance sales field, I hear it can be lucrative. Or just sign with the Cardinals because they have the worst collection of Tight Ends I have ever seen with Eric Edwards (who??) starting. Two of them were undrafted last year and three are undrafted this year. What talent they have would blend well with Zeron I believe.

It's been nearly 2 weeks since this thread disappeared from the front page, yet you bring it back. Let it go.

• 5 weeks later...
Not just neighbors, like I said he is one of my best friends. I have taken him home to Sc and we will be going to his wedding in February and Pez to his bachelor party in Vegas. So do not start.

Hey, his little brother worked for me in Sioux City when he was in high school for a week or two. Do you know if he is playing football anywhere? He was a great back.

Hey, his little brother worked for me in Sioux City when he was in high school for a week or two. Do you know if he is playing football anywhere? He was a great back.

He played last year in college but quit this year as he will not make the NFL due to size.

And for all of your info Z is doing great with the raiders! So ratbird you can shove it up your ........

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050825/NEWS/508250376/1010/SPORTS

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_2971628

http://www.insidebayarea.com/searchresults/ci_2975363

Flemister looms in tight-end picture

By Jerry McDonald, STAFF WRITER

OAKLAND — Week 3 of the preseason offers Oakland Raiders fans a chance for their first up-close look at some of the new names on their high-powered offense when the Raiders take the field for the first series.

Moss ... Jordan ... Flemister.

Flemister?

If Oakland's game tonight against the Arizona Cardinals at McAfee Coliseum goes anything like its previous game against the Houston Texans, free-agent tight end Zeron Flemister will get a few snaps as an extra tight end with the first unit.

As owner Al Davis and the coaching staff sort out position battles in determining who will eventually be on a 53-manroster, Flemister has been one of the camp's intriguing success stories.

He is primarily a blocker on a team that has plenty of wide receivers to catch passes. Coach Norv Turner has been emphatic, both with the media and with the team during training camp, that the Raiders will be a successful running team after the most pathetic rushing season in club history.

It just so happens that Flemister, at 6-foot-4 and 250 pounds, excels as a blocker, although he's reluctant to affix that label to his jersey.

"I am here to do whatever they need me to do," Flemister said. "If that requires blocking, if that requires me to catch passes, or play special teams, that's what I'm here for."

He lined up as a tight end and also went in motion as an H-back, and had at least one conspicuous block which helped spring Jordan for a 17-yard gain. Flemister has been running with the first short-yardage and goal-line team since training camp began and appears to be zeroing in on a roster spot.

Second-year player Courtney Anderson, 6-6, 270, is entrenched as the starter. He is backed up by third-year man Teyo Johnson, who at 6-6, 260 is mainly a receiving threat.

Johnson drew sharp criticism from Turner in the loss to Houston for backtracking on a potential first down after catching a short pass, but is a former second-round draft pick who is unlikely to be waived — particularly if he has trade value.

Flemister, former Raider Rickey Dudley and John Paul Foschi battle for what is essentially one spot.

"We've got good competition," Turner said. "I think, based on a game or a half, some people start jumping to conclusions, but I think that is

one of our most competitive positions."

Flemister turns 29 on opening night, Sept. 8, when the Raiders face the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

He signed with the Patriots just before training camp began last season but suffered a torn Achilles. New England placed him on injured reserve and waived him Oct. 6. When the Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl, Flemister cashed in.

"I didn't get the ring, but I did get the Super Bowl pay bonus," Flemister said. "I'll take the bonus over the ring any day."

Although entering his fifth season, Patriots coach Bill Belichick was Flemister's fifth NFL head coach. Turner was the head coach in Washington when Flemister was drafted in 2000. Turner was fired 13 games into the season in favor of Terry Robiskie.

Marty Schottenheimier came in for one season but was dumped in favor of Steve Spurrier.

"Spurrier doesn't throw the ball to tight ends too much, so I had a chance to do a lot of blocking, and I think that's carried over," Flemister said. "It's like riding a bike. You don't forget how to do it. I'm not saying I'm a great blocker, but I'm saying my blocking is getting a lot better."

While Flemister considered himself a receiving tight end coming out of Iowa, Turner remembers even then his strength was as a blocker.

"He was a very good point-of-attack blocker," Turner said. "The big issue with him is whether he was going to be healthy or not. He's back, he's healthy, and I think as we've gone through our off-season and training camp, he's gotten his confidence back."

The first practice blocks against the likes of Raider ends Bobby Hamilton and Tommy Kelly, plus the first game against the 49ers, helped put Flemister's mind at ease.

"I was worried about this camp because it would be the first time you are pushing on 300-pound dudes," Flemister said. "You've just got to get past the fear. You've just got to get out there and push it."

Why would anyone want Flemister. I could catch better with my fists than he can with his hands. Still can't believe the Patriots signed him and the best thing he ever did was to get hurt so he could go on the IR in the preseason so he could get a ring. Well have fun with Norv Zeron but you will be selling insurance in a few months.

Ratbert...not that I take it personally or anything.....BUT....I have made a high six figure income for the last 15 years "selling insurance" ...it's great to be able to sell something that everyone has to have. Next time pick on the used car salesmen!!! hahaha

He played last year in college but quit this year as he will not make the NFL due to size.

And for all of your info Z is doing great with the raiders! So ratbird you can shove it up your ........

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050825/NEWS/508250376/1010/SPORTS

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_2971628

http://www.insidebayarea.com/searchresults/ci_2975363

Flemister looms in tight-end picture

By Jerry McDonald, STAFF WRITER

OAKLAND — Week 3 of the preseason offers Oakland Raiders fans a chance for their first up-close look at some of the new names on their high-powered offense when the Raiders take the field for the first series.

Moss ... Jordan ... Flemister.

Flemister?

If Oakland's game tonight against the Arizona Cardinals at McAfee Coliseum goes anything like its previous game against the Houston Texans, free-agent tight end Zeron Flemister will get a few snaps as an extra tight end with the first unit.

As owner Al Davis and the coaching staff sort out position battles in determining who will eventually be on a 53-manroster, Flemister has been one of the camp's intriguing success stories.

He is primarily a blocker on a team that has plenty of wide receivers to catch passes. Coach Norv Turner has been emphatic, both with the media and with the team during training camp, that the Raiders will be a successful running team after the most pathetic rushing season in club history.

It just so happens that Flemister, at 6-foot-4 and 250 pounds, excels as a blocker, although he's reluctant to affix that label to his jersey.

"I am here to do whatever they need me to do," Flemister said. "If that requires blocking, if that requires me to catch passes, or play special teams, that's what I'm here for."

He lined up as a tight end and also went in motion as an H-back, and had at least one conspicuous block which helped spring Jordan for a 17-yard gain. Flemister has been running with the first short-yardage and goal-line team since training camp began and appears to be zeroing in on a roster spot.

Second-year player Courtney Anderson, 6-6, 270, is entrenched as the starter. He is backed up by third-year man Teyo Johnson, who at 6-6, 260 is mainly a receiving threat.

Johnson drew sharp criticism from Turner in the loss to Houston for backtracking on a potential first down after catching a short pass, but is a former second-round draft pick who is unlikely to be waived — particularly if he has trade value.

Flemister, former Raider Rickey Dudley and John Paul Foschi battle for what is essentially one spot.

"We've got good competition," Turner said. "I think, based on a game or a half, some people start jumping to conclusions, but I think that is

one of our most competitive positions."

Flemister turns 29 on opening night, Sept. 8, when the Raiders face the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium.

He signed with the Patriots just before training camp began last season but suffered a torn Achilles. New England placed him on injured reserve and waived him Oct. 6. When the Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl, Flemister cashed in.

"I didn't get the ring, but I did get the Super Bowl pay bonus," Flemister said. "I'll take the bonus over the ring any day."

Although entering his fifth season, Patriots coach Bill Belichick was Flemister's fifth NFL head coach. Turner was the head coach in Washington when Flemister was drafted in 2000. Turner was fired 13 games into the season in favor of Terry Robiskie.

Marty Schottenheimier came in for one season but was dumped in favor of Steve Spurrier.

"Spurrier doesn't throw the ball to tight ends too much, so I had a chance to do a lot of blocking, and I think that's carried over," Flemister said. "It's like riding a bike. You don't forget how to do it. I'm not saying I'm a great blocker, but I'm saying my blocking is getting a lot better."

While Flemister considered himself a receiving tight end coming out of Iowa, Turner remembers even then his strength was as a blocker.

"He was a very good point-of-attack blocker," Turner said. "The big issue with him is whether he was going to be healthy or not. He's back, he's healthy, and I think as we've gone through our off-season and training camp, he's gotten his confidence back."

The first practice blocks against the likes of Raider ends Bobby Hamilton and Tommy Kelly, plus the first game against the 49ers, helped put Flemister's mind at ease.

"I was worried about this camp because it would be the first time you are pushing on 300-pound dudes," Flemister said. "You've just got to get past the fear. You've just got to get out there and push it."

I certainly hope Z makes a name for himself in Oakland.

Blondie

Give me a break, he'd rather have money than a Super Bowl ring???

Anyway, I don't know how good of a blocker he is as long as he has figured out he is not a pass catching TE then maybe he can be productive for the Raiders. He made the roster and thats more than I thought but only time will tell. What the hell, GOOD LUCK ZERON. :raidersuc

.......... Spurrier just wanted him to block and do nothing else. ................

That's were the credibility of the story comes into play, you see, Spurrier didn't want anyone to block, just run out in the pass pattern.

Jk man, couldn't leave that one alone!! :D

Why would anyone want Flemister. I could catch better with my fists than he can with his hands. Still can't believe the Patriots signed him and the best thing he ever did was to get hurt so he could go on the IR in the preseason so he could get a ring. Well have fun with Norv Zeron but you will be selling insurance in a few months.

Dude. Relax. Is it written somewhere we have to bad mouth every former 'Skin?

i have no beef with zeron. i actually thought he was pretty fast for a TE and had a knack for getting open. however this is pretty funny.

"Did you know Matt Bowen used to be a QB in college, he had Zero Catchmister as a Reciever, when the two reunited on the skins, Bowen used to say he had to quit being a QB because he got to frustrated with Flemmies drops.

Archived