Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we the only ones who hate the Cowboys?

Idaho fan

Obviously all Redskin fans here absolutely hate Dallas. We hate the site of that star, we hate their fans and players on game day, and we really hate to loose to them more than any other team. I know our coaches and players hate loosing and really hate to loose within our division - but I wonder if that is as far as it goes.

I have read numerous posts here on ES about how bad Redskin fans want to beat Dallas this coming year. I wonder if the players circle this date on their calendar. Do they practice a little harder the week before a Dallas game? Do they try to hit a little harder because it’s Dallas? Are they pissed off for weeks after a Dallas loss...........or...........Are we the Redskin fans the only ones who hate the Cowboys with a passion?

Just curious

:dallasuck

Originally posted by flexxskins

Watch a tape of how coach snubbed Parcells after the game last season and tell me he doesn't hate losing to them.;)

Ill have to watch that again - but I would expect that Gibbs might do that after any loss? Maybe not?

Watch a tape of how coach snubbed Parcells after the game last season and tell me he doesn't hate losing to them.;)

Yeah that was classic.

Anyone have a video clip of that (or a link to one)??

I'd love to see it again, its embodies one of the many reasons I love Joe Gibbs.

When he did that, I have to admit that that did shock the hell out of me. But it did show me and I think alot of other fans, that his heart and soul is not just back into coaching, but also the Redskins. If it had been any other coach that had done that, we all probably would have said "what a sore loser". But since it was Joe Gibbs, (a man you probably wouldn't be surprised to see walking on water) it is thought of him just being passionate and concerned for his team.

I dont know what other teams think, the Eagles and Giants may not like them too much either, but maybe for Giants fans to the minor extent we hate the Giants, we'd root against them and thats about it. Yeh though, as Symbol said, doubt many fans would rank the Cowboys in their top 5, other than bandwagoners of course.

Why did you guys have to bring up that video, it was debated to death when it happened. The full video at least shows Gibbs moving towards Parcells and shaking hand/acknowledging him. They have too big a history of rivalry to like each other obviously.

IMO I think the fans definitely hate the Cowboys moreso than the highly paid athletes that play for the Redskins in this example. The fans of this town have loved the Skins and hated Dallas for all their lives whereas the players (most from other cities) may be new to the Skins and the great rivalry. Also, many players may have grown up rooting for other teams and have friendships throughout the league. With that being said, I'm sure the Skins players hate the Cowboys more than any other team and vice versa but I don't think it compares to the hatred of the fan bases.

If the question is do other fan bases hate the Cowboys as much, I might have to say yes. You either love the Cowboys or you hate'em and I know that Philly fans among others are right up there with you guys.

You guys are talking about how much Joe Gibbs hates the cowboys. Allen loathed them. I don't think the players hate them as much as we, the fans do because thanks to free agency, there isn't as much team loyaly as it used to be.

I think the Eagles fans and Giants fans hate the Cowboys just as much as we do and at least we can say that we are undefeated against Dallas in NFC championship games.

Does it really matter that we've lost 14-15 to Dallas in seasons where we won between 5 and 8 games most of the time? Not as much as it matters that we are undefeated against them in NFC championship games!

Originally posted by great28

You guys are talking about how much Joe Gibbs hates the cowboys. Allen loathed them. I don't think the players hate them as much as we, the fans do because thanks to free agency, there isn't as much team loyaly as it used to be.

Yeah why hate a team that you could end up playing for.

"I see blue and I get sick." - Joe Gibbs

I know that every time they lose to Dallas (which is everytime), Doc Walker jumps right up in our players' faces and tells them they SUCK, so somebody is definitely trying to get the message across.

I was at the Carolina game in Charlotte a couple of years ago (you know, the one where Davis was straight robbed of that TD) :puke:

They had mascots from a few teams doing a skit during half-time. When the Dall-ass mascot came out, everyone booed so loud, it was hilarious. Granted that there were tons of Skins fans like me there, but most of the Panther fans were booing as well. It was classic.

Do alot of fans find the Cowboys at least annoying or can't stand them?

Probably, just look at the Snickers commercial with the Cowboy fan and M. Strahan (NYG- DE just in case my spelling is bad).

Now could you see that commercial with a Redskins, Eagle, Panther, Colts, Packer, Bears etc. fan?

Probably not.....maybe some profanity by some fans, maybe a bottle or batteries thrown by certain fans of certain teams, but not "How about 'dem Cowboys!!!"

So, it's not just Redskins fans.....but we are the big rivals, so the "hatred" (I think rivarly is a better term) is deeper between us.

However, I have a deeper "hate" for Philly right now.

Especially the first game! man was that cold, he can't stand losing to the Cowboys but he really can't stand losing to Parcells.

Now that he's coaching the boys, Joe's stomach was turning!!

You'll get'em this year Joe!!!!:cheers:

Originally posted by goskins

Probably not.....maybe some profanity by some fans, maybe a bottle or batteries thrown by certain fans of certain teams, but not "How about 'dem Cowboys!!!"

Have you ever been in a sports bar or around Eagles fans during a game? E-A-G-L-E..... blah blah..... or J-E-T-S..... Jets Jets....

:puke:

Cowboys fans - for the most part - are just idiotic.

But Eagles fans are just a spiteful, malicious bunch.

With that being said, I don't really HATE any TEAM per se. Moreso the fans.

I love the Eagles as far as the front office, the head coach and the football players. That's a great football organization.

I don't mind losing to a team like that.

I don't mind losing to good teams. Cowboys included... though I wouldn't mind a few UPSETS every now and then.

But the reason why I HATE losing to the Cowboys is because.... we've had a better team than them for the past 6 years. To lose to them is just pitiful on any basis....

Good teams don't lose to inferior teams.

And that's why I hate losing to the Cowboys. It just reinforces that this team hasn't turned the corner... in a very long time.

Archived