Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thai soccer team trapped in cave

Springfield

In case you’ve been living under a rock (pardon the pun), then surely you’ve heard of the Thai soccer team who is trapped 1/2 mile underneath the Thailand jungle.

A rescue attempt has been tried and failed, ending in death.  The boys may be trapped in this cave for months longer, until monsoon season ends.

To me this might be one of my biggest fears.  I hope these boys are rescued soon.

how-far-thai-boys-soccer-team-cave.png

Thailand cave rescue: Why can't they drill from above, other questions you want answered

Proposed ‘buddy dive’ plan to rescue boys in Thai cave could launch this weekend

Expected rains rule out immediate bid to rescue trapped soccer team

Edited by Springfield

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Reminds me of the miners in Chile. I hope they are rescued.

Fun fact:  That happened while my wife and I were on our honeymoon.  I’ll always remember watching the rescue from the resort bar.  It was such an incredible moment for humanity.

I hope the results are similar here.

• Like 1

yeah its crazy that they were all found alive to begin with.

wonder why they cant give them some air, tie a rope to them and pull them through with a diver behind them pushing through the tough parts 

They trekked 2.5 miles into a cave?? With no expert lead and only their 25 year old coach. Huh??? I guess 'it's Thailand' might be response, but that graphic is frightening just to look at. Man, I think the entire world should be focused on this. Humanity can save this kids and should, by all means necessary

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I hate to say it but I think they boys will not survive.  Once the monsoon rains come in full force, that cave will flood and I don't see how they get out.  

According to what I read in the Post a few days ago, they're high enough to be out of danger of drowning even with the monsoon. Not sure of the specifics at play. 

5 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

According to what I read in the Post a few days ago, they're high enough to be out of danger of drowning even with the monsoon. Not sure of the specifics at play. 

if that's the case then Id keep them fed and ventilated until end of monsoon season and they can walk out....sucks but kids don't die and hopefully no more divers die in the process 

Wonder if the parents or the coach is going to get the bill

Edited by Gibbit

From what I saw 2 days ago, one option is for them to swim out, but none of them know how to swim, and part of the cave is too narrow for scuba gear. Another is to drill straight down to where they are, but the monsoon rains could hamper that as well. 

Just saw that they have exchanged letters with their parents/families, and the coach wrote a letter apologizing to the families.

Prayers for their safe return. 

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

How did they get there if some pets are too narrow for gear and they can’t swim?

It was dry when they went in.  

This is bad - they may not have enough oxygen to wait for a safe extraction.  So scary...

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

From what I saw 2 days ago, one option is for them to swim out, but none of them know how to swim, and part of the cave is too narrow for scuba gear. Another is to drill straight down to where they are, but the monsoon rains could hamper that as well. 

Just saw that they have exchanged letters with their parents/families, and the coach wrote a letter apologizing to the families.

Prayers for their safe return. 

I read that drilling down presents 2 problems:  One, it’s 1/2 mike down.  Two, they don’t know EXACTLY where to drill.

I read that their best bet is a differen way in to the cave.  A vent, a back door, something  undiscovered.

• Like 1

The coach, or whomever, that authorized taking the team spelunking during the rainy season should be fired, sued and jailed...in that order.

Take the team to the beach or a bowling alley or a pizza party.  ****ing morons.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The coach, or whomever, that authorized taking the team spelunking during the rainy season should be fired, sued and jailed...in that order.

Take the team to the beach or a bowling alley or a pizza party.  ****ing morons.

The cave is marked as dangerous from July-November.  I’m assuming that they didn’t see a risk in June.  Don’t quite know that culture and how risk averse they are.

Just an awful story. I’ve read Elon Musk is sending a bunch of his engineers there today to try to help either thru his Boring Co pumping water or a couple of escape pods he’s designing and currently testing. 

This is what the world’s elite should be doing imo. Coming together and putting their wealth of knowledge and resources together to solve problems in the world. I wish it happened more often. 

5 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

How did they get there if some pets are too narrow for gear and they can’t swim?

It was dry when they went in and the entrance flooded behind them so they kept pushing further into the cave and the flooding kept expanding into the cave as well 

• Like 1

Elon Musk making “kid-sized submarine” to rescue teens in Thailand cave

Elon Musk tweeted on Saturday that a team of SpaceX engineers is hours away from completing work on a "tiny kid-sized submarine" that could be used to extract 12 teenagers and preteens who are stranded with their soccer coach in a flooded cave in Thailand. Musk has had a team of engineers working on the problem for the last couple of days and has been keeping the world updated on the work via Twitter.

On Thursday night, Musk tweeted about an idea to use an inflatable nylon tube to help the kids escape. By Friday afternoon, Musk's thinking had evolved. He tweeted that his team was working on building "double-layer Kevlar pressure pods with Teflon coating to slip by rocks." A mid-day tweet on Saturday provided another update:

More at link...

Personal thought:  If somehow Elon Musk manages to get these kids out alive, I’ll take back every bad thing I’ve been saying about him lately.  Hell, I might even sign myself up for a Model 3.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Can you imagine being down there for 9 full days, no idea what time it is, if you will ever be found, or if anyone is even looking for you.  In pitch black darkness, unable to see even the hand in front of your face.  Ive been in caves before with no light... you literally can see NOTHING.  Not even movement. You are literally buried alive and waiting to die, slowly starving.  I just cannot imagine, i dont think im mentally tough enough for that one.  Those boys are all incredibly brave.

I just cannot imagine being a parent in that situation.  Praying for all of them, the rescuers, the boys, everyone.  Lets hope they get out safely

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If they make it, they will be rich.   The movie rights alone, should set them up for life.

On 7/6/2018 at 8:57 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

I hate to say it but I think they boys will not survive.  Once the monsoon rains come in full force, that cave will flood and I don't see how they get out.  

Could you please find another thread to post in?  Thanks

-everyone

• Like 1