Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Lafemina,, per Ian Rappaport#Redskins to become the president of business operations and COO

SWFLSkins

https://www.redskins.com/news/redskins-name-brian-lafemina-as-president-of-business-operations-and-chief-opera

...“Nothing could have prepared me more for this role than working at the NFL,” Lafemina said. “Dan first approached me about a year ago to discuss the possibility of me joining the Redskins. During that time, I was able to see first-hand his passion for the Redskins, the game of football and his deep commitment to the Washington, D.C. community. Working with Dan and Bruce to develop a new dynamic stadium that matches the vibrancy of this organization and its fan base will be an exciting challenge and one of our top priorities. I would also be remiss if I didn’t thank everyone I have worked with at the NFL, starting with Roger Goodell.” 

Lafemina spent eight years at the NFL, leading Club Business Development and building the team that works to create and share best practices across all of the NFL’s 32 member clubs. During his tenure, the league saw significant growth in game day fan satisfaction, season tickets sales, suite sales, local sponsorship and media revenue. In addition, Lafemina led or played key roles in league-wide initiatives on fan experience, ticketing strategy, Super Bowl strategy, Pro Bowl strategy and stadium development.

So Bruce stays on, but this has to be a big move toward a restructuring how the team operates. There is now a Chief Operating Officer, with Snyder the CEO. I wonder if this has to do with a potential new stadium as well. 

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Um....

I think a LOT of people here on ES are gonna be extremely happy a year from now lol...

Already ecstatic? hahhaaaa

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Um....

I think a LOT of people here on ES are gonna be extremely happy a year from now lol...

Knowing Dan's MO, first there is a leak (Bruce might be leaving)...next there is a new hire (happened today)...next the old guy leaves....lastly the team trashes the guy who left. I do believe very much this is a signal that Bruce is outta here and I am already doing a happy dance!

2 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

So Bruce stays on, but this has to be a big move toward a restructuring how the team operates. There is now a Chief Operating Officer, with Snyder the CEO. I wonder if this has to do with a potential new stadium as well. 

It has everything to do with the new stadium besides of course Bruce Allen finally leaving. You know Dan's going to be salivating over a guy who on his resume it says

During his tenure, the league saw significant growth in game day fan satisfaction, season tickets sales, suite sales, local sponsorship and media revenue.

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

Knowing Dan's MO, first there is a leak (Bruce might be leaving)...next there is a new hire (happened today)...next the old guy leaves....lastly the team trashes the guy who left. I do believe very much this is a signal that Bruce is outta here and I am already doing a happy dance!

I'm not gonna say that....yet...but it seems some of the fog is clearing a bit.

Just now, Califan007 said:

I'm not gonna say that....yet...but it seems some of the fog is clearing a bit.

No I admit I am only guessing, no one should be quoting that as fact. It's just what's happened in the past. Nothing guaranteed, just a guess. And a hope to be right lol

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

No I admit I am only guessing, no one should be quoting that as fact. It's just what's happened in the past. Nothing guaranteed, just a guess. And a hope to be right lol

I get where you’re coming from.  I’ll be interested to see if Bruce gets the Redskins treatment of being trashed on the way out though.  I don’t think it will.  While I’d like to see him have a dose of his own medicine, I’ll settle for any exit plan they can come up with.

4 hours ago, bobandweave said:

The new stadium deal was perceived to be Allen's ultimate worth to Snyder and the Redskins...

Cooley speculates/"speculates" (wink  wink) that the new stadium details will be known by next year...

Kyle Smith is being lauded as someone they must keep in the FO and could be a good candidate for Skins' GM, but it needs to happen soon...

Snyder goes out and hires this guy, with his type of experience, who will report directly to him...

A billion rumors about Allen rejoining the Raiders in Las Vegas...

There's a lot "there".

Just curious but was Scot’s lawsuit settled?

bruce was the tar and featherer to people that leave the org so he’ll probably get a golden parachute of admiration in public but a Huzzah inside remaining folk at the park. 

50 minutes ago, Paul Cumberland said:

I'll just leave this here

Nah, not reaching that same conclusion right now...mainly because of Kyle Smith. If he does ascend to the GM position, there's gonna be very little for Bruce Allen to call his own. Right now I can see the possible roles and responsibilities in the upcoming few years for pretty much everyone in the front office and among the scouting department...except for Allen. I'm not sure exactly what would be waiting for him with the Redskins a year or two down the road. Plus I highly doubt Snyder went out and snatched the NFL's senior VP of club business development just to give Bruce more time to watch game film lol...

Archived