Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:‘Golden State Killer’ suspect, a former police officer, arrested after DNA match, officials say

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Yeah there were what? over 40 rapes we know about and over 10 murders we know about? I would believe there are more we just don't know about, for whatever reasons. Maybe not, I know very little about this, it's just an assumption.

I don't know how I would be in that position. I know how I deal with other things, and it's usually to acknowledge them and then put them in a box and move on. Never been through something that traumatic though.

I'm just wondering if someone who this happened to when they were young, eventually married and had children, and never told them (for whatever reason.) And now is in a weird place where they get dragged back into it and have to now have everyone around them find out about it.

I mean, that's basically what makes rape such a horrible - and such an under-reported - crime. You carry it with you forever.

There's a stat that has floated around on this crime series - and it's possible that it's totally bogus - that something like 90 percent of the relationships/marriages involved in these attacks ended. I'm not sure if that is when the husband was present and tied up or just in general. But I can easily believe it, because your husband becomes a totem of your most horrible trauma and your wife is the embodiment of the night you were totally emasculated.

But, I mean, the option is to let the guy go so that doesn't seem like the right call.

Here's something that's been twisting in my brain today. This guy was married to an attorney, and it seems like he supported her while she attended law school. He raised three daughters, one of whom is a doctor. His ex brother in law described him as a great father, though it seems pretty obvious from the neighbors that he and his wife had major issues.

But still, I assumed that if this guy was ever found, he would possibly be in a relationship with some horrified, beaten-down housewife. But he was married to and apparently raised strong women.

I understand compartmentalizing. BTK was a church-going family man, and John Wayne Gacy was a back-slapping, community volunteer Rotarian type.

But, I like I said, this is bound to have some change on the literature around serial killers. BTK was an outlier because of how long he would go between murders, and how brutal they were. It's like he built up rage or sexual frustration or something over nearly a decade before he acted. And Gacy was coming apart at the seams at the end - similar to the other "normal" serial killer Ted Bundy who is proof what a good haircut and boyish charm will get you in America, because he was never really "normal."

I mean, this ****er owned a boat.

I just don't picture old men who own boats as serial killers. Serial alcoholics possibly.

At his arraignment today, he was doing some feeble old man in an actual wheelchair act - which is convenient considering he was building furniture in his garage last week. But I really want him to just spill everything to a reporter, because I need to make sense of all this. When did he sleep in the 70s and how did he sleep in the 80s and 90s?

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, tshile said:

*sigh*

now I’m reading this Bigfoot guys webpage for this stuff

thanks lkb. I’m about to lose a week of my life to this. 

I'm curious if you read each summary and if you've altered any habits since. I'm telling you, I've become much more aware of things like window locks and the door that leads into my garage from the laundry room.

3 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I'm curious if you read each summary and if you've altered any habits since. I'm telling you, I've become much more aware of things like window locks and the door that leads into my garage from the laundry room.

I’ve always done that. I’ve always been a get up and check them for the third time because I may have missed one kind of person. It feels unhealthy but it will keep me up at night if I don’t. 

Im the same way about leaving the stove/oven on

ive read through the first 6 or 7 summaries. I see nightmares in my future. 

I’ve always done that. I’ve always been a get up and check them for the third time because I may have missed one kind of person. It feels unhealthy but it will keep me up at night if I don’t. 

Im the same way about leaving the stove/oven on

ive read through the first 6 or 7 summaries. I see nightmares in my future. 

Those are the ones where he is just figuring it out. It becomes total nightmare fuel where he starts attacking couples.

Also, May 1977 is insane.

I laughed and then dismissed this shot at Zoony:

On 4/27/2018 at 4:45 PM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

He sounds like the neighborhood asshole/busybody.

You have one. I have one. I'm guessing @zoony is one. We may need Zoony's DNA is what I'm saying.

Until:

12 hours ago, zoony said:

If it makes you guys feel any better, a locked door will IN NO WAY prevent or even slow down a premeditated intruder.  

Sounds like Zoony speaks from experience.  The question is... experience at what?

7QBv.gif

~~~

By the way, thanks LKB for bringing up the whole transparent optic of putting this asshole in a wheelchair for his court appearance.  **** that.  Last week he's taking his boat out fishing and building furniture in his garage, and now he can't even walk into a courtroom?  Good luck with that sympathy grab, Ms. Defense Attorney.

If you are ultra paranoid and dont want to spend $500k to build a safe room in your house, probably the best thing you can do is install an exterior door with a deadbolt for your interior bedroom door.  Be sure to secure the frame into the studs with lags

Again this will not prevent an intruder, but what it will do is give you a 20 second delay or so and give you a chance to arm yourself.  Although if you have small kids throw that idea out the window.

Im also a big believer in camera systems.  I have 9 hd cameras on the exterior of my house and an NVR that can record a weeks worth of video.  If you are semi competent (sorry lkb, get a man to do it for you) you can install one yourself for around 2500.  This is probably more about prevention than anything

12 minutes ago, zoony said:

If you are ultra paranoid and dont want to spend $500k to build a safe room in your house, probably the best thing you can do is install an exterior door with a deadbolt for your interior bedroom door.  Be sure to secure the frame into the studs with lags

Again this will not prevent an intruder, but what it will do is give you a 20 second delay or so and give you a chance to arm yourself.  Although if you have small kids throw that idea out the window.

Im also a big believer in camera systems.  I have 9 hd cameras on the exterior of my house and an NVR that can record a weeks worth of video.  If you are semi competent (sorry lkb, get a man to do it for you) you can install one yourself for around 2500.  This is probably more about prevention than anything

A safe room doesn't help if dude is over top of you when you wake up. Which is pretty much how all of these cases go, so far as i've read.

I'm looking at motion sensors + window connection sensors + redundant wifi network to run it all over with two routers. I'm not thrilled about that because ultimate wifi is a pretty ****tastic system to have to rely on. Also reconsidering getting a dog now, had pretty much decided not to.

I'm not concerned about dealing with them once they're in the house. I just want to be awake and aware there's an issue before they make it to the steps.

I'm also really mad my new house will have 40 windows. I was not thinking about the GSK when we went through it 

I'm also looking at video cameras but i'm not sure exactly how I want to do that. I helped my dad set his up and a clubhouse onetime, so I'm familiar with a few systems.

A safe room doesn't help if dude is over top of you when you wake up. Which is pretty much how all of these cases go, so far as i've read.

I'm looking at motion sensors + window connection sensors + redundant wifi network to run it all over with two routers. I'm not thrilled about that because ultimate wifi is a pretty ****tastic system to have to rely on. Also reconsidering getting a dog now, had pretty much decided not to.

I'm not concerned about dealing with them once they're in the house. I just want to be awake and aware there's an issue before they make it to the steps.

I'm also really mad my new house will have 40 windows. I was not thinking about the GSK when we went through it 

I'm also looking at video cameras but i'm not sure exactly how I want to do that. I helped my dad set his up and a clubhouse onetime, so I'm familiar with a few systems.

Will you crate the dog?  An animal moving about at night could set off your motion sensors.  And I recall from my youth in DC that whenever we'd drop something like a plate or whatever the glass breaking sensor would detect it setting off the alarm.  Imagine if you have a pet knock something over in the middle of the night.  My parents had an alarm system (after having been robbed a couple of times), but if it gets on your nerves going off all the time you tend not to leave it on when you're home.  Then one night my mother woke to find a burglar in the room with her, who then quickly left when she woke up.

1. When Zoony dies, his children are going to be very confused by his vast collection of childrens' shoes.

2. Yea. Pretty much every case is the same. He woke up his victims by shining a flashlight in their face and pointing a gun at them. Sometimes, he had already had strips of towels on the bed ready to be used as bindings - usually their own towels.

3. I used to have motion detectors in the house, but the goddamn cat made that impractical. There's really only so much you can feasibly do. Putting an alarm on every window just isn't feasible.

13 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

used to have motion detectors in the house, but the goddamn cat made that impractical. There's really only so much you can feasibly do. Putting an alarm on every window just isn't feasible.

Your collection of exotic dildos and antique butt plugs is in serious jeopardy.  If i were you id get rid of that cat

More at link.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/04/30/did-man-serve-39-years-for-slayings-actually-committed-by-golden-state-killer-suspect/?noredirect=on

Did man serve 39 years for slayings actually committed by ‘Golden State Killer’ suspect?

In the early morning hours of Nov. 11, 1978, Rhonda Wicht, a 24-year-old waitress and cosmetology student, was beaten, raped and strangled with a macramé rope in her apartment in a quiet suburb near Los Angeles. Down the hallway, her 4-year-old son, Donald was smothered and suffocated to death in his bed, according to prosecutors.

Hours after a relative discovered their lifeless bodies, a suspect was arrested in the case: Craig Coley, Wicht’s former boyfriend with whom she had recently broken up. Coley was charged with their killings. After a first trial resulted in a hung jury, Coley was convicted in a second trial of murder in 1980. He was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Coley remained behind bars for more than 38 years, always adamant that he was innocent. He petitioned for clemency, with no luck. A police detective with the city of Simi Valley begged his agency to reopen the case, noticing possible failures in the investigation. But authorities refused to give it a second look.

That all changed on the eve of Thanksgiving last November, when Gov. Jerry Brown (D) pardoned Coley after police found new DNA evidence that no longer placed him at the crime scene. A Ventura County Superior Court judge erased his conviction. At the age of 70, Coley was released from prison, an innocent man

I have Dancer and believe me she barks at the drop of a hat. She has her own "room", a 3' x 3' pen so no wandering around. I wander around to the bathroom most nights.

I thought of an alarm system for doors/windows wired to sound either a dog (not good if someone cases your house and notices that you never take a dog out), or the sound of a shotgun being racked. 

I think there are probably other cases out there that involve him.

This one seems like a stretch. It's a year too early for his Southern California activity, it's not his method of killing, and he has no record of killing or even really going out of his way to frighten children. (When I say "child" here, I'm referring to kids under 10ish. Girls in their early teens were obviously a target for him).

The one question I have immediately is that his DNA has been in the California system for twenty years. That's how they linked the ONS murders to the EAR rapes. Has no one checked the DNA sample against the California records in all that time?

Here's some speculation from the EAR/ONS Reddit web site... Joseph Deangelo served in the U.S. Navy aboard the U.S.S. Canberra in the mid to late 1960's. Someone on the Reddit site checked the U.S.S. Canberra's records and found that it had docked in Melbourne, Australia on May 1, 1967 for 16 days.  Then this person scoured local Canberra newspapers for that time frame and found this article.:

1zk831j07dv01.jpg

A woman awakens to find a man in her room shining a flashlight at her.  Echoes of DeAngelo's later crimes.

The future maybe...

https://nypost.com/2018/05/01/experts-genealogy-sites-could-hold-key-to-catching-zodiac-killer/

Forensic experts believe genealogy websites — like the one used to catch the East Area Rapist suspect — could now hold the key to catching the Zodiac Killer.

“It is possible,” explained Pam Hofsass, a former San Francisco homicide detective who worked the Zodiac case and now runs the forensic lab for the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office.

“It’s totally worth looking at, and I hope with all of the news and revelations about the Golden State Killer that it will kind of be the impetus for the Zodiac,” she told The Sacramento Bee.

Archived