Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you surf ES during work or class???

Renegade7

Do you surf ES during work or class???  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you surf ES during work or class???

• Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

QFT. Who actually sits there and does work for 8 hours straight at work?

Depends.  When I first got the job I have now for about a year and a half I definitely did.  I manage servers, so if there's a deadline or an emergency period, I can lose track of time pretty easily.

I have been retired for almost 8 yrs now . I was on this site all day at work when I found ES and joined back in 2004. Since retirement i would be on and off with my phone . Sitting around doing nothing all day got bored . I decided to start doing odd jobs for people that needed things done that couldn't do it themselves or afford paying full price for whatever reason.  That was 2 yrs ago.  Long story short. I only get on here in the morning before work while having coffee and in the evening to just catch up and toss a like or two out there :)

Back to catching up :kickcan:

On 2/19/2018 at 11:01 PM, SoulSkin said:

Yes, pretty much every day, but I don't think it affects my work. I spend time looking here while watching wheels spin, progress bars filling up, and various other stuff that doesn't require me constantly interacting. I could probably do more learning/self improvement stuff, but I have a hard time focusing on nothing but IT every minute of the day. 

The "thinking about IT all day" spoke to me, man, it can definitely get that way like if say knee deep in studying for a certification.  I look forward to coming in here and seeing what's going on with the rest of the world. 

Those PluralSight videos I was talking about were just brutal, reminded of VTC, nothing like the ADHD attitude of CBT Nuggest (which at first I resisted, but now I prefer, though Professor Messer is still better).  Someone suggested I get some IT cert material on tape, I'd intentionally crash my car if I did that.

I like to keep my dishes soaking if I'm not actively washing them.  I'm pretty ADHD when it comes to notifications, while some people will let their slack icon blink for like a half-hour because their headset isn't on, smh.

I do. But only in the classes where the professor doesn’t care if students are on their phones. I only have 1 of those professors this semester though. 

I check ES before a class starts, when I first wake up, when I’m at lunch/dinner/breakfast,  every few hours if it’s a slow day on ES, and before i fall Asleep. 

As for work, the summer jobs i have had so far in my life have been pretty easy jobs (front desk/snack bar at the pool near my house, ticket office for the Potomac Nationals, and dock staff at Key Bridge Boathouse. The dock staff job was tougher to find time to use my phone, but the rest have had a lot of downtime. 

On 2/19/2018 at 9:50 PM, Renegade7 said:

Ah yes, the thread that nobody wants to admit to. 

When I was in college, I wouldn't during a lecture, but I would during labs (If I got an hour to do it and I'm already done, its between that and homework most of the time).  I specifically remember commenting in the stadium about how I was in class during that Michael Vick MNF football massacre against us that I thought the ESPN gamecast was broken or having an error.  But I wasn't getting into debate with ya'll while I was on campus.  In fact, I remember what feels like a gap in my post history during my associates. That was the least I had posted since made my account back in 2003.

In high school, I can't remember too many classes where the computers were pointed in a way that I could get away with it.  I didn't have a laptop and my cell phone had a Linkin Park ring tone that sounded like an arcade or early Nintendo game.  

i would've tried when i was in Highschool.... but it was such a pain in the ass to line up the punch-cards to schedule mainframe processor time.   But i am sure it would've been sweet elegance to hear the daisy-wheel printer pit-pat out  an ascii representation of the babe of the day.... in about 4 hours

See the source image

sooo hot!  

4 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

i would've tried when i was in Highschool.... but it was such a pain in the ass to line up the punch-cards to schedule mainframe processor time.   But i am sure it would've been sweet elegance to hear the daisy-wheel printer pit-pat out  an ascii representation of the babe of the day.... in about 4 hours

sooo hot!  

"I want you to print me like one of your french girls, Jack." 

"gulp" *clears throat

Lolz

6 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

sooo hot!  

Mainframe? Processor? I figured y'all would've just painted obscene images on sundials back in those times...

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Mainframe? Processor? I figured y'all would've just painted obscene images on sundials back in those times...

mcsluggo is a mere child, don't listen to him

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Am I? I could be. Quick, what's your social security number? 

867-5309

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You ever checked out ES in a courtroom?  I have to know now.

I'm never in a courtroom (I work in an Appellate Court).

Archived