Sign in to follow this  
@SkinsGoldPants

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

13 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Great start..........and they piss it away immediately...

I detest this team.

Uh....aren’t we up 2-1? Shouldn’t we be HAPPY that we are winning? 😂

Ok question.  Does a historic 2nd half and WS run for harper force you to resign him long-term?  Let's say he wins here and says i want to stay here. 

12 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Ok question.  Does a historic 2nd half and WS run for harper force you to resign him long-term?  Let's say he wins here and says i want to stay here. 

Let’s not expend a lot of thought on this hypothetical at this time. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

You just knew they'd get nothing....

Edited by CRobi21
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I do how much?

i think this series and the ATL series will show Rizzo what we have to do.  We have to take 3 out of 4 from mets and 2/3 from ATL.  If we don't win a combo of 5 games in those 2 series, i think its a firesafe

300 each

1-7 RISP, 9 LOB. Going to blow it.

Irritates me to no end when pitchers cant throw strikes.

You know what I've realized about this team? They make baseball look hard. I mean, yes, baseball is an extremely difficult game to play. If you fail at the plate 7 out of 10 times, they put you in the Hall of Fame. But the Nationals, even when they win, make baseball look so damn hard. Like painfully hard. When they were really bad awhile back, they were playing too poorly for it to hurt. You knew they sucked and you were just happy to see them win.

But this squad? With all the talent they have - it's just excruciating to watch. First division teams make baseball look effortless or at least fun. It looks like it hurts them to score runs that aren't solo home runs - like an RBI costs a few months of their lives (like that machine in The Princess Bride)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thebluefood said:

You know what I've realized about this team? They make baseball look hard. I mean, yes, baseball is an extremely difficult game to play. If you fail at the plate 7 out of 10 times, they put you in the Hall of Fame. But the Nationals, even when they win, make baseball look so damn hard. Like painfully hard. When they were really bad awhile back, they were playing too poorly for it to hurt. You knew they sucked and you were just happy to see them win.

But this squad? With all the talent they have - it's just excruciating to watch. First division teams make baseball look effortless or at least fun. It looks like it hurts them to score runs that aren't solo home runs - like an RBI costs a few months of their lives (like that machine in The Princess Bride)

That's what happens when you're a bad baseball team.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's what happens when you're a bad baseball team.

Oh, sure, but like I said, those Nats teams between 2005 and 2010 were wretched but you knew they were wretched. One look at the lineup card and you knew they were gonna get the **** kick out of them damn near every night. They were so bad it barely hurt because everyone, including the guys on the field, knew this team wasn't going anywhere. 

This team, though? This team should be keeping pace with the rest of the National League contenders, even while Atlanta and Philadelphia are ahead of their rebuild schedule and yet it's an agonizing experience watching them. If you'll forgive the metaphor: it's as if they have some kind of offensive constipation. But even when they're able to generate those runs, they immediately give them right back to their opponent. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Difo = Inning over (

Harper=Inning Over

He's gone from one of my favorite all-time players to someone I am more than willing to see walk.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1-9, now, with RISP. Same ol' same ol'

This team would go into anaphylactic shock if they hit a 2 out RBI, or scored more than 1 run without a homer.