Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Six In A Row...Or We Blow??

petedaddy

I have officially psyched myself out for an epic Redskins paloff run

How can someone set themselves up for even more disappointment after the New Orleans meltdown you may ask, well if there is anything the Redskins have been exceptional at during the 25 years of misery, it is going on epic end of season paloff runs

For anyone who doesn't know, here's how the season wraps up...

vs Giants

at Cowboys

at Chargers

vs Cardinals

vs Broncos

at Giants

Sounds like 10-6 to me!!

We have a great day of football tomorrow where we have a great opportunity to gain ground on two of the teams ahead of us with a Vikings win and Chargers win

These are the teams in front of us:

Through End of Week 11

Wildcard 1 - Panthers 7-3

Wildcard 2 - Falcons 6-4

Lions - 6-4

Seahawks - 6-4

Packers - 5-5

Cowboys - 5-5

Here's how I see it playing out

Prediction for Win 1 - the Giants just had their Super Bowl win with their victory over the Chiefs...the players still know they aren't going anywhere this year...the game will be relatively tight early, but the Skins will pull away for a comfortable victory

Prediction for Win 2 - after the Chargers beat the Cowboys tomorrow, they will officially be in panic mode...Jerry Jones will threaten to sue the league if they don't allow the Cowboys to replay all of their games with Zeke...a week of chaos ensues and we slip into Dallas and eke out a win

Prediction for Win 3 - starting to ride a little high with two straight wins, we had to LA to play the Chargers where it will be a better homefield advantage for us than FedEx...the Chargers will be feeling a little too good about themselves and we'll take another win with a Kirk Cousins 4th quarter drive

Prediction for Win 4 - feeling really good about ourselves we handle our business against the Cardinals and whatever washed up corpse they have playing QB that week

Prediction for Win 5 - the Broncos, who are used to making real playoff runs, are too disinterested to muster up any real challenge...Paxton Lynch gets it to within one score late but we pick up a first down throwing the ball and run out the clock

Prediction for Win 6 - a Redskins team needing a win for a playoff spot faces a Giants team with nothing to play for in the last game of the regular season (sound familiar) this time Captain Kirk exorcises his demons from last season and we win comfortably

So...let's call it right now

Who's going for Six in a Row and who's going for We Blow????

Also Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Redskins Nation!!!

Alas I won't get my hopes up. I will just enjoy the game regardless of the results at the moment. Our playoff hopes were dashed in the KC game with all the injuries. The Saints game was crucial. That game showed us how much we are still a pretender and not a true contender. I rather wait when we have a full functional team so we can go deep into the playoffs. So anything less than that is just false hope. :(

Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all ES members. :cheers:

I'd love to share in the enthusiasm but I don't like any parts of the PS guy taking over third downs.  Not a big fan of playing with a third center either.  Plus all the injuries on the defensive side of the ball, requiring guys like D Hall to play a prominent role.

It just feels like things aren't meant to be.  It's all Kirk, Jay and the coaching staff right now.  If for whatever reason they muster even 5 of 6 wins to end the season, they deserve keys to the city.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

RG3 pulled it off so Captain Franchise ought to be able to knock it out easy with his epic clutchness.

I know you love to dog Kirk but he did win 4 in a row to clinch the NFC East at the end of 2015 AND he played a role with everything at the end of 2012 finishing the Ravens game and starting the Browns game

No way we win 6 in a row, in fact we lose tonight, then we can abandon the season and begin looking toward next year to figure out how we will put a functional team on the field. 

Ill still I’ll watch every painful moment though. 

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Was that right after he choked like a dog at home against the Cowboys on a Monday night?

“Choked”. Ok. rememner when DJAX stupidly fumbled on a punt return, which gave the cowboys an easy field for a touchdown? Who was it that came onto the field and threw a LONG TD to DJAX that tied the game? That’s right. Kirk. And then the defense gave the game away, AFTER Kirk brought us back into the game. 

Doesnt sound like “choking like a dog” to me ?

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

“Choked”. Ok. rememner when DJAX stupidly fumbled on a punt return, which gave the cowboys an easy field for a touchdown? Who was it that came onto the field and threw a LONG TD to DJAX that tied the game? That’s right. Kirk. And then the defense gave the game away, AFTER Kirk brought us back into the game. 

Doesnt sound like “choking like a dog” to me ?

Hes 1&6 against the Cowboys.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Hes 1&6 against the Cowboys.

Ok, that’s a better argument. But you stated that he “choked like a dog” in that Monday night football game. When in fact he was the reason we tied the game at 16 on the drive after DeSean Jackson decided to fumble the football. If our defense wasn’t led by Jim Haslett, we would have gone to overtime. 

The defense was the one who actually choked, honestly. 

If you’re going to pick on the guy for bad games, at least pick games that he actually played awful in. 

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok, that’s a better argument. But you stated that he “choked like a dog” in that Monday night football game. When in fact he was the reason we tied the game at 16 on the drive after DeSean Jackson decided to fumble the football. If our defense wasn’t led by Jim Haslett, we would have gone to overtime. 

If you’re going to pick on the guy for bad games, at least pick games that he actually played awful in. 

He had 220 yards passing and a fumble and puked it up in the Red Zone for 16 points scored.  It was what it was.

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

He had 220 yards passing and a fumble and puked it up in the Red Zone for 16 points scored.  It was what it was.

He still gave us a chance to win though, until our defense screwed up. Like i said, if you want to pick on him for playing badly, at least pick a game he was 100% awful in. Like the final game last year, or any of those games down the stretch last season. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I was at that game 

he choked right along with the rest of the team. Everyone played awfully against a bad team 

don’t re-write history. 

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I was at that game 

he choked right along with the rest of the team. Everyone played awfully against a bad team 

don’t re-write history. 

So he didn’t lead us down the field to tie the game at 16?

pretty sure he did. That isn’t “choking” to me. He got us back in to that game, after DeSean Jackson fumbled the football. 

Archived