Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Offense. (Every Snap broken down: Raiders)

FFODC

38 minutes ago, CTskin said:

@FFODC I absolutely love this **** man, thank you.

I know I'm not alone in saying this, but I can't stand seeing Ziggy out there. I understand that he's a "locker room leader," but he's a poor football player and is a huge detriment to this defense. It's just like Compton last year; dominated on just about every play.

The Cowboys OL isn't what it was last year, but if Ziggy sees the field as much as he has been, I'm not holding my breath. 

??  How do we keep letting these guys in?  Pot Roast, Compton, Hood.  Who scouts them and is like “yeah that’s what we need”

I hope McCloughan left behind a notebook with a list of nose tackles.  Numbered and with pictures so Danny can follow along.  

1 hour ago, FFODC said:

??  How do we keep letting these guys in?  Pot Roast, Compton, Hood.  Who scouts them and is like “yeah that’s what we need”

I hope McCloughan left behind a notebook with a list of nose tackles.  Numbered and with pictures so Danny can follow along.  

Isn't it scotty that signed knighton and hood?

On 9/22/2017 at 8:45 AM, FFODC said:

A Breakdown for the Eagles game is up!

http://fightforolddc.com/

I rambled about guys playing out of position and North Dakotian(?) strength.

--------

Also:

49ers

Chiefs

Raiders

Rams

Eagles

Questions?  Suggestions?  Let me know.

Is defense your specialty?  I would like to see your breakdown of our WR's and O line.

This is really good. The only item I'd say is anytime you assign a scale between 4 and -4 it gets hard when the offense makes an exceptional play. The -4 given to Brown because the TD was on him I'm not sure what else he could do? He covered the flat and as Wentz was pressured, hit and threw the RB snuck behind him, but the only reason why he got behind him was because Brown played the flat property. 

I don't have any solutions to recommend, just more commentary. There's problems with almost every stat in football. QB rating and QBR have their drawbacks. Something like sacks don't account for matchups and playing the run. Is the guy with the most Ints a ball hawk or just being picked on a lot? 

31 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Is defense your specialty?  I would like to see your breakdown of our WR's and O line.

I tried to do both sides of the ball last year and got burned out by week 7.  A full time job does not allow for such things. 

I was thinking about doing an offense breakdown for thanksgiving week...

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Isn't it scotty that signed knighton and hood?

?? Good point. Still better than Cerrato  though

on the Brown TD, I have to go back and double check but didn’t he rush the QB without checking for HB release?  That’s why I put it on him. (If we’re talking about the same play)

Mike Evans vs Will Blackmon comes to mind.   Evans went off that game and I barely minused Blackmon because it was  like what can you do?  Dude is 6’5 and Jameis was making pinpoint throws.  

@FFODC

just repeating myself yet again in praising re: your work and expressing gratitude.......others have done this sort of thing i the past, but you truly excel at it and it is very much appreciated as i hope you can tell

I am going to get a hold of tk and figure out some small way of saying thanks other than this...don't get excited tho...our budget is 0....:P

On 11/8/2017 at 11:13 AM, Jumbo said:

@FFODC

just repeating myself yet again in praising re: your work and expressing gratitude.......others have done this sort of thing i the past, but you truly excel at it and it is very much appreciated as i hope you can tell

I am going to get a hold of tk and figure out some small way of saying thanks other than this...don't get excited tho...our budget is 0....:P

Pin it.  That's the highest praise I can think of in this format.  Thanks for the work you put in @FFODC!

Loved seeing the play in which Compton takes the G off of Lanier... saw the Giants do a similar thing a couple years ago and dug it.  Beats the ILB running into the running back and getting stymied.  Especially smart to use Compton this way... he's not exactly one our better pass rushers (and a back ain't stopping an athletic DE/DT).  Was bummed to see Hall blow the coverage (when the wr ate Norman's lunch getting off press), but looks like he had a pretty good game overall.  

These mobile qbs put so so much stress on defenses.  Wilson gashed us, but it was good to see a mostly healthy secondary limit even bigger plays off of it.  

Seems like the team has also been much better tackling this year, any thoughts/opinion on that?

• Jumbo pinned this topic

Based on consistent excellence and outstanding usefulness to intelligent discussion, I think these FFODC threads should be pinned for, say a week, each time we get one.

Also, I plan to hit him up for a $5 gratuity. It's all about the benjamins here baby.

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

Seems like the team has also been much better tackling this year, any thoughts/opinion on that?

Aside from Spaight I completely agree.  

Plus DJ is willing to tackle in the box. Last year Nacho was the only safety consistently doing that but he couldn’t stay healthy 

29 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Based on consistent excellence and outstanding usefulness to intelligent discussion, I think these FFODC threads should be pinned for, say a week, each time we get one.

Also, I plan to hit him up for a $5 gratuity. It's all about the benjamins here baby.

1)  Pinning is a great idea, I'm very much in favor of that

2)  I don't know how to tell you this, but Abe is on the $5 bill, not Benjamin.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

1)  Pinning is a great idea, I'm very much in favor of that

2)  I don't know how to tell you this, but Abe is on the $5 bill, not Benjamin.

1. Thank you. I stole it from some numbnuts who had posted it right before me.

2. Well, I don't know how to tell you this mr. fancy education east coast elitist guy, but the prime minister of japan is not on the five. it's an american on the five becuase that's how each country does its money. you always put your own people on it. you should get a refund from your school.

Thank you as always, @FFODC!

I didn't realize that Brown had a negative game or that Breeland was even replaced.  Was Nicholson in at all?  He looked like a possible real answer, at least in 2018, to the safety position.

I've heard that Keenum is still expected to start for Sunday since Bridgewater hasn't done anything in a really long time.

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

2. Well, I don't know how to tell you this mr. fancy education east coast elitist guy, but the prime minister of japan is not on the five. it's an american on the five becuase that's how each country does its money. you always put your own people on it. you should get a refund from your school.

Hahaha, very well done on the Japanese prime minister, but that's actually his last name.  Since you put "Benjamin", it would be implied that "Abe" would be referring to the first name.

This joke's murder has been brought to you by NC21.  "Need a joke taken too seriously?  Comedy making you laugh too hard?  Call NC21 for all of your joke death-by-explanation needs."

21 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Thank you as always, @FFODC!

I didn't realize that Brown had a negative game or that Breeland was even replaced.  Was Nicholson in at all?  He looked like a possible real answer, at least in 2018, to the safety position.

I've heard that Keenum is still expected to start for Sunday since Bridgewater hasn't done anything in a really long time.

Keenum.  I feel real good about our chances now 

Brown has been amazing against run and as a spy.   Most of his minuses come from coverage. 

Nicholson is hurt.  Dhall jumping Everett on the depth chart was an eyebrow raiser.  I don’t know if Everett is first on the chopping block or if Dhall was going to start as soon as he got healthy,

27 minutes ago, FFODC said:

Keenum.  I feel real good about our chances now 

Brown has been amazing against run and as a spy.   Most of his minuses come from coverage. 

Nicholson is hurt.  Dhall jumping Everett on the depth chart was an eyebrow raiser.  I don’t know if Everett is first on the chopping block or if Dhall was going to start as soon as he got healthy,

Surprised me too, although I think he was out with injury the week before?  Maybe they wanted 1) to see what Hall could do (I know Gruden has a lot of respect for him, I'd guess Manusky does as well) and 2) to let Everett try to heal up more.  I could be way off though.  

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

@FFODCI know it's extra work, but a running tally of player's grades (for the year) would be pretty awesome. :)

Hmm... might even tackle it myself actually.  

Yes, please.  That's a great idea.  

---

Oh man, PINNED!  Wow, thank you guys.  That is amazing, and added fuel to put these out for the rest of the season.

Archived