Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

Our DLine is as good as it has ever been.  If Hankins wasn't suck an ass we could had signed him and taken Edmunds or James, but at the end of the day i'm fine with Payne.

or if BA wasnt such a cheap skate and reached in draft rather then BPA like doug said... But Payne fine, just doubt he will be a special player, he will be good but not great. we could of had great i think given how things went down, but time will tell.

4 minutes ago, carex said:

because the guy at 44 might not be a big upgrade.  Plus it's on less pick to get guys at positions you do need

That's the whole point you keep ignoring. You can get a guy with his talent at 44, probably better. I do not say that just because a few talking heads say so. I have literally watched 100s of hours of film on them. Then when you combine that with guys that have more experience than me saying the same thing, I feel pretty comfortable with the assessment. 

But it is what it is. No sense in going back and forth. I see it as a poor use of the 13th pick. You are not changing mine. I am clearly not changing your mind. 

I will leave it at this - I actually hope you are right. I want this team to win - period. 

I hope tomorrow we wait for 2/3 of Guice, Chubb, Michel to go and then trade up to snag the last one, if the price is reasonable. With Jones and Penny as backup plans but I prefer any of the first 3. 

Guice

Chubb

Michel

Jones

Penny

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Reading that Payne has real pad level issues he needs to work on...anyone have insight on that? 

He comes out of his stance quickly with a good first move but gets too upright allowing oline to get into his chest and move him back, especially against better competition - which is all there is in the NFL.  

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Reading that Payne has real pad level issues he needs to work on...anyone have insight on that? 

Yes, and when I pointed it out for some reason the response was he's strong bla bla bla. He's incredibly strong and country strong too, but you can be strong and still get stood up. He doesn't get moved back a lot but he loses relevancy in the play for too long because of it. He's 20 and there's a very good chance those are technique issues. 

25 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That's the whole point you keep ignoring. You can get a guy with his talent at 44, probably better. I do not say that just because a few talking heads say so. I have literally watched 100s of hours of film on them. Then when you combine that with guys that have more experience than me saying the same thing, I feel pretty comfortable with the assessment. 

But it is what it is. No sense in going back and forth. I see it as a poor use of the 13th pick. You are not changing mine. I am clearly not changing your mind. 

I will leave it at this - I actually hope you are right. I want this team to win - period. 

if what you're saying was actually right he wouldn't have had a first round grade

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Penny going first is good for us. Unless it kicks off a big RB run. 

That...was a massive reach. That man is a mid round pick. 

Keep reaching....we might just land a stud guard and might get really lucky to get Guice.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

if what you're saying was actually right he wouldn't have had a first round grade

I can see why this pick is contentious. You can make a good argument either way but that's how it goes. He's 20 years old with some serious physical tools and nowhere near the finished product. 

Archived