Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

Ran an auction simulator with FantasyPros (great site btw) using my league settings and everyone's keepers. Ended up with this (Johnson and Gordon are keepers for me). I'd be ecstatic ... cost in ()

QB: Mariota (4), Cousins (3)

RB: David Johnson (K-45), Melvin Gordon (K-20), Joe Mixon (29), Derrick Henry (10), C.J. Prosise (6)

WR: Dez Bryant (27), Demaryius Thomas (17), Terrelle Pryor (15), Davante Adams (14), Martavis Bryant (5)

TE: Jordan Reed (15), Austin Hooper (1)

K: Gostkowski (1)

DEF: Houston (3)

On 8/14/2017 at 1:18 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Considering who he plays for, I fully expect Zeke to get it reduced to 4 games. I took him at 13 in a 10 team league on Sat morning. But I went RB/RB to start. I just need to survive without him til week 8.

Standard scoring, QB, 3 WR, 2 RB,1 TE, 10 team league with snake draft.

This is who I took.

1-8 Freeman

2-13 Zeke

3-28 Pryor Sr.

4-33 Brees

5-48 Allen Robinson

6-53 Jimmy Graham

7-68 Desean Jackson

8-73 Brandon Marshall

9-88 Mark Ingram

10-93 Pierre Garcon

11-108 Fat Rob

12-113 Jordan Matthews (who I will likely drop soon)

13-128 Duke Johnson Jr (another drop candidate)

13-133 Terrance West

14-148 Rishard Matthews

I need to drop 2 and pick up a K and a D before the first week...Alf is also available..but I'm thinking McFadden gets the points until Zeke returns, right?

Well for a 10 team league think this is a fairly weak team (10 team leagues almost everyone gets a great roster - one reason most have gone to 12 team leagues) I like Freeman but not your other RBs (Zeke way too early but West is good late though) WRs,  QB and TE are good not great but good (Drafted QB way too early as well).

Mitigations

1) Try to get McFadden if possible (Trade?)

(I posted a team as well feel free to critic and advise)

27 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Ran an auction simulator with FantasyPros (great site btw) using my league settings and everyone's keepers. Ended up with this (Johnson and Gordon are keepers for me). I'd be ecstatic ... cost in ()

QB: Mariota (4), Cousins (3)

RB: David Johnson (K-45), Melvin Gordon (K-20), Joe Mixon (29), Derrick Henry (10), C.J. Prosise (6)

WR: Dez Bryant (27), Demaryius Thomas (17), Terrelle Pryor (15), Davante Adams (14), Martavis Bryant (5)

TE: Jordan Reed (15), Austin Hooper (1)

K: Gostkowski (1)

DEF: Houston (3)

Oh hell yeah but that won't happen against real players. That would be a Dream team.

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

Oh hell yeah but that won't happen against real players. That would be a Dream team.

Yeah, the simulator IS pretty accurate for most of these. Was surprised by the cheapness of Dez (and in another run I got Hopkins instead for a similar price). But then again the other top WRs like Baldwin (41) and Jordy (53) did go for a lot more. So IDK why the others were lower.

27 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

I proposed a trade in my league which I think I win, let's see what you guys think. Which team wins this trade?

Team A

Odell Beckham

Willie Snead

Phillip Rivers

for 

Team B

Jordan Howard

Lesean McCoy

Michael Thomas

Team A Wins  if he gets those three from B.  Not even close. 2 firsts and a second rounder for a 1st, a 9-10th and a 11-14th round pick.

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Team B, easily IMO.

No Team B is giving up the better players they lose. Of the 6 players Beckham goes around pick 5 , McCoy pick 6. Thomas and Howard are late first to mid 2ds then massive drop off to Rivers and Snead. 

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Whoever Is getting the players under Team B. Team A should never consider or accept this. 

Got it backward - It is B that should never consider giving up McCoy, Howard and Thomas for Beckham. Team A should jump on it if they were offered this.

18 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

In a separate trade possibility I'm mulling trading

Beckham, Abdullah and Gore (my #1 WR and 4th and 5th RBs)

for

Graham, Dez and Thomas.

His best RB is Perkins, I' like to improve my #3 WR and TE (I have Martavious Bryant and Doyle starting in those positions) Thoughts?

24 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

I'm team A so yeah I feel like I'm getting a steal lol. My Rb situation is bad that's why I gave up Odell for 2 solid rbs. My receivers I have already are still decent and I add Thomas.

Did B actually accept that offer?

17 hours ago, nonniey said:

In a separate trade possibility I'm mulling trading

Beckham, Abdullah and Gore (my #1 WR and 4th and 5th RBs)

for

Graham, Dez and Thomas.

His best RB is Perkins, I' like to improve my #3 WR and TE (I have Martavious Bryant and Doyle starting in those positions) Thoughts?

Michael Thomas and Dez? Yeah I'd do it. Beckham is good but his injury is concerning and I think Dez has a big year and Thomas could as well. Graham will fall off a bit i believe but not a bad option at TE. 

Do think if Adbullah stays healthy he's a top 15 RB this year easily. But Gore is a throwaway IMO so I'd probably do it if I were you. Assuming your RB1-3 are solid and you've got the ability to get a couple good WW adds at RB. 

Btw, how much more value does Kareem Hunt hold right now. Think he just went from a $1-2 flyer to a $12-15 starter for my auction draft on Wednesday. Even if Ware only misses 2-3 games that could be enough time for Hunt to establish himself 

51 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Michael Thomas and Dez? Yeah I'd do it. Beckham is good but his injury is concerning and I think Dez has a big year and Thomas could as well. Graham will fall off a bit i believe but not a bad option at TE. 

Do think if Adbullah stays healthy he's a top 15 RB this year easily. But Gore is a throwaway IMO so I'd probably do it if I were you. Assuming your RB1-3 are solid and you've got the ability to get a couple good WW adds at RB. 

Btw, how much more value does Kareem Hunt hold right now. Think he just went from a $1-2 flyer to a $12-15 starter for my auction draft on Wednesday. Even if Ware only misses 2-3 games that could be enough time for Hunt to establish himself 

Concur with Hunts value don't forget to add Hogan now in the late rounds.

Hey guys, looking for some fantasy advice.

It's a keeper league and the way it works is that you can keep a guy this year for 1 year higher than the previous year they were drafted. For example, if I drafted Josh Doctson in 2016 round 12 and want to keep him, he ends up being my 2017 11th rd pick.

So I'm caught between either keeping Melvin Gordon for a 2nd round pick, or Jordan Reed for an 11th round pick.

I know on paper Reed looks like the better value, but we all know how hard it is to find a legit RB1, and Gordon is usually going anywhere from 7-10th overall, and getting him in the 2nd would be a pretty good steal.

I also hold the 7th overall pick in a 12-man league, so I could waste 1st round pick on him that I could otherwise use on a stud WR1.

Woo Hoo

QB desperate team offered me Bell and D Thomas for Cousins and Ajayi (in  2 QB league) I jumped on it. He had only Wentz as a Qb and I my best WR had been Moncrief or Watkins ( it was an early draft before Watkins trade). For me a it was a down grade at QB (now Ryan and Manning starting) but upgrades at RB and WR.

Needless to say the vetoes rolled in but the trade will stand (Both teams must benefit is the rule - doesn't matter if one makes out like a bandit as long as the other can show a benefit - commish decides).

3 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Doing 2 Dynasty drafts this week? Any pointers?  In 1 league, i have the #1 pick, but it's a 2 QB league.  The other one i have no clue what pick i am. Both 10 team leagues

Two QB Dynasty? Who has those I might be interested in looking them up.

That said I'd still go David Johnson with the #1 overall.  Target the younger top QBs Marriota, Winston and Carr. OBJ is top WR in that format elevate Michael Thomas and Brandon Cooks a bit.

I was hoping to try to get Davlin Cook for $26-30 in a $220 auction as my RB3 and a good value keeper for 2018. Just found out one of my buddies is willing to go to $40 for him ... he could be bluffing but I'm inclined to believe him. My goal all along was to get 2 rookies for "cheap" in that I basically get to keep them in 2018 for the price I buy them in this year's auction. So my question is ... how do you rank the following:

- Christian McCaffrey (likely going to go for $25-35)

- Joe Mixon (likely going for $20-30)

- Kareem Hunt (likely $15-25 but hard to tell given he's likely the most unknown/unhyped)

I'm out of Fournette as he'll be $40+ and I am out on Cook as long as he's more than $31 (my cap on him). I've won this league in the past by hitting gold with Le'Veon Bell ($2 in his breakout year) and David Johnson ($1 in his rookie year) and then keeping those for the rounded up minimum of $20the next year. So my goal is to always try to get "that next guy" to not only help in a break-out in their rookie year but also going forward as an inexpensive keeper.

Downside to all the rookies this year is there's more to try and pick from, and most of them are in positions that have their values above where rookies are normally drafted. I do have D'Onta Foreman and Alvin Kamara as potential breakout rookies for that $1-2 range in auction drafts, but I do feel like they can be had for FaaB at the right time, rather than draft and stash.

Kareem Hunt is the best of the three imo given how Reid uses RBs.  McCaffrey has to split with Stewart and Mixon with Hill and Giovani (Unless Hill was badly hurt).

BTW I just Drafted Hunt in the 5th Round in one of my bigger leagues - but supposedly he is going in the 4th (After McCaffrey but before Mixon)

Mccaffrey strikes me as the kind of guy in a half PPR who could have 7 for 30 and 6 catches for 60 and a TD on a weekly basis. Hunt would be more of a traditional rb. But I could see the argument for Hunt early than them. Mixon is gonna be a stud but I'm nervous about the Hill/Gio obstacle in his way ... 

but wit Mixon you may be paying a lower price because of that and could win a title if he's your RB4 and you've got him delivering Top10 performances down the stretch 

Archived