Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FS: Christian Hackenberg was so off target at Jets’ OTAs that some of his passes hit reporters

BornaSkinsFan83

15 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Jets have drafted 8 QBs over the past 11 years. Now it feels like they are planning on tanking the season for a shot at a QB next year...almost as bad as the Browns.

I mean...they're obviously not going to have any shot at winning the division with how Tom Brady is still playing, so might as well tank and get their first choice of the 3 or 4 best QBs in next years draft and be ready to compete for the division once Brady finally retires 

49 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm gonna lol if they somehow tryhard their way to like 4-5 wins and completely miss out on the run of QB's in '18

I don't know about that, 4-5 wins would land them somewhere in the top 5, wouldn't you think? How many other teams could possibly finish with less wins than that? Browns, more than likely. 49ers? I don't see any way the jets would miss out on the run of QBs even if they somehow get to 5 wins. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don't know about that, 4-5 wins would land them somewhere in the top 5, wouldn't you think? How many other teams could possibly finish with less wins than that? Browns, more than likely. 49ers? I don't see any way the jets would miss out on the run of QBs even if they somehow get to 5 wins. 

You never know, from season to season. 4-5 wins could get you a top 2 pick one year, and land you right outside the door of the elite prospects at 5 or 6, if there are several ties. I just think it's hard to tank in the NFL unless you just suffer a ton of injuries and throw your hands up. Even the sorriest of teams can potentially luck their way into 4 wins

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean...they're obviously not going to have any shot at winning the division with how Tom Brady is still playing, so might as well tank and get their first choice of the 3 or 4 best QBs in next years draft and be ready to compete for the division once Brady finally retires 

Brady won't be around much longer and they have a 2016 2nd rounder and 2015 4th rounder on the roster. Looks like they are throwing in the towel on them and Bowles.    Decker is guy who would be a young QBs best friend.     

Shame what happened to Pennington's arm. There are no guarantees as to what might have been, with the Cowher Steelers at their apex, along with Dungy's Colts, and the Pats dynasty, but they were a damn good team, and once Pennington's arm went limp, that whole team seemed to fall like dominoes

Jets fans hated offensive coordinator Paul Hackett, who ran a run heavy short passing offense. He was reviled for being unimaginative and too conservative, but in retrospect, he maximized the talents and limitations of Curtis Martin and Chad Pennington. He got fired, and the offense has sucked donkey balls ever since.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I feel for those guys.

A few years back, I worked with a cool young gun that is a diehard Jets fan (I think some of my mindless Diehard ways influenced him).  Every time I come across something like this, I picture his frustration & agony.  

Their situation is untenable.  As fans of that team, do they genuinely believe that Woody Johnson is committed to Winning?

Personally, I have my doubts.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:16 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Shame what happened to Pennington's arm. There are no guarantees as to what might have been, with the Cowher Steelers at their apex, along with Dungy's Colts, and the Pats dynasty, but they were a damn good team, and once Pennington's arm went limp, that whole team seemed to fall like dominoes

It was a shame. Pennington was what I remember one NFL coach called a phenom. He was that good. Despite the multiple injuries that took his arm, when he played, even with his wrecked arm, his teams went to the playoffs.

On 6/10/2017 at 3:53 PM, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

It's not the Giants but it's never wrong to laugh at almost anything NYC so here's some Jets fun... 

as many of my friends are jet fans  totally disagree with your comment. i want the jets to do good then the fans can jump on board with hating the giants and mara :D 

On 7/20/2017 at 6:36 PM, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Speaking of Jets staff, here's my favorite Jet ever... 

Jen Sturger pic

Also Brett Favre's favorite. Or Little Brett's fav anyway

So here is a very NSFW flash cartoon featuring Miss Jen and little Brett that I did back in the day...

https://web.archive.org/web/20110422173214if_/http://bangcartoon.com/2010/meanwhile9.htm

~Bang

Archived