Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

TK

Some of yall are rough. Dude cheated. Got caught. Going to serve his suspension. It's not like he killed a guy. You don't cut him for a slip up. And some giving Williams a pass because he is a good player? Seriously? So send the message to the team if you are a good player do what you want but if you are a jag good bye. Yeah that establishes a great culture too. Wow.

1 hour ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

But one is a PED and one is a recreational drug. Thats not the "same rule". 

Were they not both 4 game suspensions for banned substances?  

Both were bad decisions that affected the team. You won't ever catch me trying to justify it. 

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

They should just let these guys put hgh in the Gatorade cooler.

Nobody says that and just because it rhymes doesn't make it true.

Heck, I'm available. I have no ability.

Just because You have never heard it.

3 hours ago, Butters20 said:

Were they not both 4 game suspensions for banned substances?  

Both were bad decisions that affected the team. You won't ever catch me trying to justify it. 

Sure. So should a guy who gets drunk and streaks naked down a street bbe treated the same as someone who gets drunk and viciously beats someone? They both violated nfl personal conduct policy?

Not to mention trent williams is a baller without steroids...

I'm not advocating one vs the other. Clearly they were both engaged in actions that were not allowed by the league. Both were substance violations   

Arguing and comparing  over what substance it was and who is a better player is really immaterial to the entire argument that was my original statement that: if they have a policy over substance abuse, and they only apply it to certain players, then that is hypocritical. 

I dont think there really is any need to argue it further. It's a very simple stance. I'm not judging either player or substance of choice 

Assuming they have the guts to do so, the Skins should stay the course with Murphy.  

Okay, Murphy lost his appeal in the Mara-influenced structure of NFL adjudication  -- heck,  I'd keep him simply to spite that New York weasel!

...Meanwhile Manning the crook is going to skate?  

Sorry-- I'm not going to go along with the Mara system of NFL "justice."  So I'm going to hope the Skins stay resolute with Murphy.

10 hours ago, Butters20 said:

Lol man. Please. 

Drunk and Getting naked

vs

drunk and felony assault and battery 

clearly not the same. And a terrible analogy. 

It wasn't supposed to be an A=C B=D analogy. It was supposed to illustrate that though they both are covered under the same "rules" (banned substances vs personal conduct) one is a situation where the person is harming themselves and the other is a situation where a person is possibly harming someone else.

The arguement against PEDs is that it gives those players an unfair advantage over players who refuse to use them. We can argue whether weed and HGH should be allowed but calling the skins "hypocrites" if they cut ties with murphy (especiall if his production drops once he isn't juicing) is utterly ridiculous and I have trouble understanding why someone would feel that way.

I won't act like I know anything about what happened and how this went down. But I just can't help but empathize with the guy. 

We asked him to bulk up so that he can help our woefully lacking-in-resources-spent Dline last year. On a 3-4 where Ends are suppposed to be pretty damn bulky. 

Then Galette gets hurt again and we want him to lose that weight to go back to OLB right away. 

I know it's hard for us to sometimes recognize these athletes as humans and not machines... but, man, that's taxing on the body. 

I want to see how he looks this TC/preseason. Will be telling, but I'm rooting for him. He's one of those "ES targets" I really enjoyed seeing succeed last season. 

10 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

It wasn't supposed to be an A=C B=D analogy. It was supposed to illustrate that though they both are covered under the same "rules" (banned substances vs personal conduct) one is a situation where the person is harming themselves and the other is a situation where a person is possibly harming someone else.

The arguement against PEDs is that it gives those players an unfair advantage over players who refuse to use them. We can argue whether weed and HGH should be allowed but calling the skins "hypocrites" if they cut ties with murphy (especiall if his production drops once he isn't juicing) is utterly ridiculous and I have trouble understanding why someone would feel that way.

Well, if his production drops afterwards, and they cut him, then it's not cutting him because he used drugs but rather cutting him because of performance issues. 

If anything, this was not Trent Williams first offense. Doesn't matter if they are harming themselves or enhancing performance, both instances affected our teams bottom line in a big way. 

Except one one is a team leader on a major contract and the other is not. 

Im sorry that we can't agree that  the application of a rule/law to only a certain type of individual is hypocritical, especially when both individuals are clearly in the wrong. When applied to a larger social construct, I think you'd sing a different tune. 

We can agree to disagree on the matter and move on.  

I'm beginning to think teams are treating these PED violations much like the Seahawks are treating fines for violating OTA rules on tackling. **** it!

In my opinion, the league is soft as marshmallows anyway when it comes to this bull****.

Football - tackling.... Tackle Football

Its freaking synonymous!! 

A professional football player is seeking to heal faster and bulk up to endure the game....wtf is he suppose to ingest? Kale!!!?

You try taking a hit from a 300 pound guy that runs a 4.7 and see if you wake up the next morning feeling fresh.

Guys are 30 years old with arthritis and bone spurs all over their bodies. Come on man!!

Everybody knows (including Roger, the owners, the endorser....everybody!!!) players are not just taking multi vitamins and protein. 

I really think this all comes down to politics and/or economics. The team gets a little bit of a salary cap relief when a player is suspended; although I don't think the Redskins would use that tactic since they're not in salary cap hell (or would they?).

I wouldn't put it past that **** ass Mara guy in New York for doing something behind the scenes to stick it to the Skins. Kind of ironic that we have two defensive ends "in trouble" at the same time (Junior G and Murphy) although both cases are suspect.  

I'd be curious to see how many Giants have popped for PEDs.  Don't tell me Odell's crazy ass ain't on somethin'

4 hours ago, joeken24 said:

I'm beginning to think teams are treating these PED violations much like the Seahawks are treating fines for violating OTA rules on tackling. **** it!

In my opinion, the league is soft as marshmallows anyway when it comes to this bull****.

Football - tackling.... Tackle Football

Its freaking synonymous!! 

A professional football player is seeking to heal faster and bulk up to endure the game....wtf is he suppose to ingest? Kale!!!?

You try taking a hit from a 300 pound guy that runs a 4.7 and see if you wake up the next morning feeling fresh.

Guys are 30 years old with arthritis and bone spurs all over their bodies. Come on man!!

Everybody knows (including Roger, the owners, the endorser....everybody!!!) players are not just taking multi vitamins and protein. 

I really think this all comes down to politics and/or economics. The team gets a little bit of a salary cap relief when a player is suspended; although I don't think the Redskins would use that tactic since they're not in salary cap hell (or would they?).

I wouldn't put it past that **** ass Mara guy in New York for doing something behind the scenes to stick it to the Skins. Kind of ironic that we have two defensive ends "in trouble" at the same time (Junior G and Murphy) although both cases are suspect.  

I'd be curious to see how many Giants have popped for PEDs.  Don't tell me Odell's crazy ass ain't on somethin'

I totally get this arguement, and I think it really should be up to the players union to vote on  PEDs.

On 4/15/2017 at 10:09 AM, Butters20 said:

I'll justify it. Murphy's choice to 'roid up was a good decision, but because of bad execution or bad luck he got caught.  It helped us last year, but unfortunately it led to us missing him for a quarter of this year.

There are many NFL players who would contribute more playing 12 games juiced than 16 games clean.  Not saying Murphy falls into this category, but a lot of recent Redskins on the O and D lines did.

Here's another analogy: Murphy is the LG who holds a pass rusher, but lets his hands go too high and the ref sees it and calls it.

Trent is the WR who does a blatantly illegal celebration in the end zone and costs his team 15 yards.

5 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

I'll justify it. Murphy's choice to 'roid up was a good decision, but because of bad execution or bad luck he got caught.  It helped us last year, but unfortunately it led to us missing him for a quarter of this year.

There are many NFL players who would contribute more playing 12 games juiced than 16 games clean.  Not saying Murphy falls into this category, but a lot of recent Redskins on the O and D lines did.

Here's another analogy: Murphy is the LG who holds a pass rusher, but lets his hands go too high and the ref sees it and calls it.

Trent is the WR who does a blatantly illegal celebration in the end zone and costs his team 15 yards.

Lol. I can agree with that. 

They are definitely not the same but the end result is the same. 

Anyways, I'd rather not get rid of either of them 

Archived