Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

Bryce on Killer Koda:

“Attitude,” Bryce Harper said about Koda Glover. “He’s unbelievable. He don’t give a crap who you are or where you come from or what you do. He just goes out there, carves, and does his job and it’s a lot of fun to watch. Like I said before, he’s got a lot of cojones, and it’s a lot of fun to watch.”

8 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

All for giving Glover a chance to take the job. Yeah, having a vet closer would have been nice. But we've seen that not work also. Nothing is promised. 

I'm hoping he comes in like Rosenthal or Kimbrel and locks it down from the outset. I just love his attitude to go with his filth...

Countdown to Opening Day....

turner-1.jpg&w=480

So there will be something new at Nats Park on opening day... field level premium seats down the first base line where the tarp used to be.  They'll be sunken down some so as not to disrupt the view of the seats behind them.  It looks like you'll be able to look right into the Nats dugout from those seats.

C7x-BN2XUAEPpYl.jpg

Tebow is such an embarrassment. Its a joke because there are some legit minor leaguers who deserve a shot but aren't getting one because the Mets would rather make headlines trotting this clown out there. He's got bigger holes in his swing than Little Leaguers.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Tebow is such an embarrassment. Its a joke because there are some legit minor leaguers who deserve a shot but aren't getting one because the Mets would rather make headlines trotting this clown out there. He's got bigger holes in his swing than Little Leaguers.

Because the Mets will always be a clown show organization.

1 hour ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Reminds me of the first time I saw 85 in high school. It seemed like 105. Fastball had a nasty rise to it and the pitcher knew after pitch 1 not to bother with anything offspeed. Down on 3 pitches just like poor Timmy.

See, I never had problem with speed. I could time a fastball, and even protect against the slider. It was the slurve/curve/knuckleball that did me in. I had no problem serving the low 90s fastball into the OF, but against a knuckleballer? There was a dude in Woodbridge who threw the knuckleball and and a meat fastball. We played him twice a year my sophmore, junior, and senior seasons, and I never kept a knuckleball fair. Screwed myself into the ground.  He'd throw a fastball (gonna say 80-83), and you have to be ready for it and then a 70 MPH dancer comes at home plate. Kid at Seton could touch 93, played him like 7 times over my career and hit well over .400 off him. Fairly certain I only had one hit off the knuckler, and that was a first pitch fastball.

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

See, I never had problem with speed. I could time a fastball, and even protect against the slider. It was the slurve/curve/knuckleball that did me in. I had no problem serving the low 90s fastball into the OF, but against a knuckleballer? There was a dude who threw the knuckleball and and a meat fastball. We layed him twice a year my sophmore, junior, and senior seasons, and I never kept a knuckleball fair. Screwed myself into the ground.  He'd throw a fastball (gonna say 80-83), and you have to be ready for it and then a 70 MPH dancer comes at home plate. Kid at Seton could touch 93, played him like 7 times over my career and hit well over .400 off him. Fairly certain I only had one hit off the knuckler, and that was a first pitch fastball.

My swing was mechanically flawed- not compact enough, opened up too early, and that extra time it took for my bat to get through the zone did me in. Wasn't good against good fastball pitchers. I also wasn't good at all. ;) 

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

My swing was mechanically flawed- not compact enough, opened up too early, and that extra time it took for my bat to get through the zone did me in. Wasn't good against good fastball pitchers. I also wasn't good at all. ;) 

I was HS good with ZERO chance to play at the next level. Not enough power, average arm, average range. Best case scenario would have been Div II small town school as a walk on. I'm a MEAN 3B/OF in softball through!

Archived