Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who stays? Garcon or DJax???

Renegade7

Who stays???  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR should the Redskins re-sign this offseason???

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Based on what 2 catches for 66 yards? Please your under estimating Pierre and completely over expecting Doctson. Maybe when he's able to play a season I might buy into that, but as of right now that's a completely wasted pick to me and not expecting anything from him

Ryan Grant caught nine passes for 76 yards in 2016. Grant was active for all 16 games. He is a free agent next year and can't find a role on this offense. If he was as good at those guys they would have phased them out last season and brought him up, they didn't so I don't believe he's anything more then a 5th round depth player and not someone to rely on

I get what you're saying and I hate to fall in the category of undervaluing Garçon, but it's deeper than just comparing the guys on a statistical level. Part of building and maintaining competency is relying on younger/cheaper guys at times.

The Skins would've loved to see a healthy year out of Doctson to have a better idea of what he can do, but we know what happened there. 

Ive been on the fence in regards to keeping Garçon, so I'm with you on his value. 

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

Ryan Grant caught nine passes for 76 yards in 2016. Grant was active for all 16 games....

Good points, but I see that 2nd sentence as somewhat telling. But it's more than just games "played".  

How many snaps did he get? It sure seemed like he was on the field an awful lot for a 5th round depth guy on a powerful offense. Not to mention, DJax one of our best players was often the one jogging off to get Grant reps.

Sure, it's about blocking, but then blocking is coveted by coaches (see the many RBs that come and go yet look great at everything, but blocking). And I contend, having the trust of coaches is worth something.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a huge fan of Ryan ****ing Grant but its time to recognize he isn't going anywhere any time soon so thought it would be conversation worthy to speculate what his role may be in deciding our WR corps next year.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, Burgold said:

My one concern with Jackson is his availability. He seems to miss a bunch of games due to injury. 

He will miss even more if he ends up as the #1 (and only) option in Philly or LA or SF. DJAX has it good here if he wants to extend his career a couple of years. Any of the aforementioned teams he will get killed, squashed like a little bug.

54 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I feel like Garcon is the better all around receiver but Jackson will give you literally 6 points a game, Whether its a long bomb or dragging  double coverage out into left field so someone else can score. If i have to pick between the two id keep Jackson. I just feel Garcon would be easier to replace then Desean.

Where are you getting 6 points a game.  He had 4 total TDs last season, Garcon had 3 TDs.  Granted three of his four of Jackson's were 44 yards + (the other being 17 yards).  The year before they both had 6 TDs.  

DJax stretches the field and increases your big play opportunities no doubt.  But I think Garcon is more reliable on moving the chains and on key 3rd downs due to his physical toughness.  If I had to pick one, I'm picking Garcon.  

We don't know if we have a replacement for Garcon yet either, Doctson could be a bust and already missed almost the entire season last year.  

If I had to predict now i think we let both walk. McLoughan will use this off season to really put his stamp on the team. We'll sign a cheaper WR to replace Jackson(someone like Stills maybe), possibly draft another big WR in the mid rounds, and hope Doctson can return from injury and a 3rd year Crowder make up for it. That and I think the run game will be better and the D will improve so we won't necessarily need a top 3 passing attack.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If I had to predict now i think we let both walk. McLoughan will use this off season to really put his stamp on the team. We'll sign a cheaper WR to replace Jackson(someone like Stills maybe), possibly draft another big WR in the mid rounds, and hope Doctson can return from injury and a 3rd year Crowder make up for it. That and I think the run game will be better and the D will improve so we won't necessarily need a top 3 passing attack.

How exactly will the run game improve?  Matt Jones isn't the answer and we don't know if Fat Rob is either.  Unless we draft Dalvin Cook if he falls, which while I'm a FSU fan and would love him on the team, if we don't go defensive line with our first round pick my head will explode.

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

How exactly will the run game improve?  Matt Jones isn't the answer and we don't know if Fat Rob is either.  Unless we draft Dalvin Cook if he falls, which while I'm a FSU fan and would love him on the team, if we don't go defensive line with our first round pick my head will explode.

New LG to replace Lavaman. Either new RB or Kelley develops with a year under his belt plus new OC who does a better job designing the run attack(our running plays with McVay were really bad).

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Where are you getting 6 points a game.  He had 4 total TDs last season, Garcon had 3 TDs.  Granted three of his four of Jackson's were 44 yards + (the other being 17 yards).  The year before they both had 6 TDs.  

DJax stretches the field and increases your big play opportunities no doubt.  But I think Garcon is more reliable on moving the chains and on key 3rd downs due to his physical toughness.  If I had to pick one, I'm picking Garcon.  

We don't know if we have a replacement for Garcon yet either, Doctson could be a bust and already missed almost the entire season last year.  

It would be interesting to see if theres a stat out there showing how the passing game to all receivers varied when D-Jax was on or off the field. We all certainly think D-Jaxs presence alone made a difference, but what do the stats actually reveal?

On 2/14/2017 at 4:44 PM, Warhead36 said:

Completely agree except not stills I think a one year vet like boldin who is safer makes more sense for us. Also convinced we draft another receiver this year. Great insight man

On 2/14/2017 at 6:34 PM, bowhunter said:

It would be interesting to see if theres a stat out there showing how the passing game to all receivers varied when D-Jax was on or off the field. We all certainly think D-Jaxs presence alone made a difference, but what do the stats actually reveal?

If I can find it I will link it here but there was a link on the Twitter thread that showed these stats. It showed that KC's numbers did not drop significantly when D-Jax was removed from the starting lineup however there was a noticable drop in KC's comp % when Garcon is removed from the starting lineup.  

• 2 weeks later...

If we let them go I think Jackson ends up in Tampa and Garcon in San Fran.

Who in the South could cover Mike Evans, Cameron Brate, and Desean Jackson?They need someone to stretch the field and they have a ton of money 

And who better knows Garcon then the man who saw him lead the NFL one year in receptions and who has a desperate need for receivers this year? And has more money then we do

Archived