Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

U.S. Congress Part 116

thebluefood

Former Alabama judge Roy Moore, a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, once said publicly that he did not take a “regular salary” from the small charity he founded to promote Christian values because he did not want to be a financial burden.

But privately, Moore had arranged to receive a salary of $180,000 a year for part-time work at the Foundation for Moral Law, internal charity documents show. He collected more than $1 million as president from 2007 to 2012, compensation that far surpassed what the group disclosed in its public tax filings most of those years.

Open bigotry and shady financial dealings with charity? How did Trump not endorse this guy!?

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2018 is going to see plenty heated primaries.

Trump's minion is Steve Bannon or is Trump really Steve's minion?  Steve is going to try to Trumpify the GOP but fielding candidates to run against the GOP that opposes Trump.  How successful will he be remains to be seen.  The Roy Moores of the world maybe able win in places like Alabama but you go into more swing areas and those type of candidates will flip the seats to the Democrats.

The Democrats, who were facing terrible odds in the Senate because the map favors the GOP this year; maybe able to stop those losses and eek out a narrow majority. A big reason for that will be because of the attempt Trumpian takeover of the GOP. If they Trumpster candidates win their primaries; as I've said, in swing areas that will give the Dems a shot.   The Dems could win Arizona, Nevada and places like that.

Of course, the Dems have to field an acceptable candidate and this where the Dems could shoot themselves in the foot. The Bernie wing is going to demand complete adherence to the Bernie platform. If they don't see that, they will field their own primary challenges. If the don't like the candidate that wins, they will stay home in 2018. In more liberal areas, they might win. Ie. Diane Fienstine is running again and she will have a Bernie/progressive wing challenger. She may lose her primary.  In the bluest of the blue, this probably wouldn't matter but in swing or red states; that probably dooms the Dem candidate. 

The Dems need to follow their 2006 model and not have just one type of candidate. If you are going to demand purity and full adherence to Bernie; that's not going to work everywhere.

2018, is going to be very interesting on both sides.  2018 can see the Dems wrestle control nut it could also see the GOP further their stranglehold.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Brutus committed suicide after his armies were defeated by Caesar's people. Bannon should have taken a look at Wikipedia like I just did.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".  

"An Arabic proverb attributed to a Prince who was betrayed and beheaded by his own people."  

"Still, it's a heck of a quote."  

18 hours ago, visionary said:

if Gillespie wins after those bull**** ads, i fully expect to see 95% of republicans running Corey Stewart type ads with Isis coming out of the bushes to attack blonde, blue-eyed white women

Northam has the personality of wood, but where's the damn line?