Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 1 (Xbone, PS4, PC)

S.T.real,lights,out

Welp we are a week away from this finally releasing. 

EA All Access members can start playing a early release version of the game on the 13th for 10 hours. Think i read that it will include 2-3 missions and 4 MP maps.

Been waiting a long time for this and i cant wait to play it. The Beta was amazing and im sure the full game is going to be great as well. 

It's available to play right now through EA Access (On the PC at least not sure about consoles). If you have EA Access you can go to trials, download BF1 and have access right now to 2 campaign levels and 4 multiplayer modes for 10 hours. EA Access also gives you a discount on BF1 so you basically offset the price for EA Access and get 10 hours of gametime before release. You don't have to have pre ordered the game either, just pay the $5 for EA Access and 10 hours of trial play.

6 hours ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Played a few rounds last night. Didn't want to waste my 10 hours without some friends online. 

Game looks and plays great. 

Yeah I agree. Until Doom a couple weeks ago, I hadn't played a shooter for awhile so I got my ass kicked. I had a lot of fun getting my ass kicked though.

18 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So, pre-ordered this the other day, for PS4, we get to play it 3 days early right?  So on 10/18/16 (next tuesday)?

Also, for XB1, I'm gonna buy it on there too (I think), do you have to pre-order it to get the EA early access where you get the 10 hours playing time now?

U dont need to pre order it to get early access. But obviously you need to be an EA All Access member to get early access. 

Only issues im having with the game is the stupid notification about how much time i have remaining keeps displaying on the screen. The only fix for it right now is to factory restore the xbox which im sure is a pain in the ass.

If you plan on buying the game anyways, get EA Access first because it gives you a discount which pretty much negates the cost of EA Access. It costs $5 and being a member gets you $5 off a $60 purchase. All your stats from the trial carry over when the game launches.

On 10/14/2016 at 3:17 PM, youngchew said:

BF1 is going to be a top 5 FPS of all-time.  Just putting that out there

Agree 100%. The game is so much fun to play. The maps are destruction are amazing. 

Fun playing the St. Quentin. Game starts out as a nice little town by the end of the round buildings are gone. Just total destruction. 

Anybody else do the digital download?  BF1 has been downloading on my PS4 for over 48 hours now, and only about 75% done.  For comparison, it took Black Ops 3, Star Wars, Battlefield hardline about 2-3 hours to download.  

Our download/upload speeds are well over 100.  No idea what the issue is, and the game opens up tomorrow night.  And it still has to download on wife's PS4 too :(

2 hours ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Agree 100%. The game is so much fun to play. The maps are destruction are amazing. 

That's the beauty of Battlefield.  Unlike COD, if there is an annoying sniper in a window across the map, you can just put an AP shell into the building and take the whole god damn thing down.  :wub:  And then you can hop out of the tank and teabag him and he sees it on killcam.  :)

So this may be a stupid question but I have always gone and bought games in the store and gotten a CD to load into my PS4.  Can I just buy it through the Playstation Network instead of going to a store so I don't have to be on a waitlist or anything?  I called game stop and they already said they won't have any copies on the Friday.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So this may be a stupid question but I have always gone and bought games in the store and gotten a CD to load into my PS4.  Can I just buy it through the Playstation Network instead of going to a store so I don't have to be on a waitlist or anything?  I called game stop and they already said they won't have any copies on the Friday.

Yup, if you purchase it this week you can actually pre-load it so at 12am on Friday you can start playing. Standing in line at midnight is really a thing of the past. 

You can play tomorrow with the PS4 pre-order right?  3 day early access?  Cause it's downloaded on my PS4 and there is a timer below my game icon counting down and it ends at 3am EST (Tuesday morning).  Which is bull****, cause I wanted to run a couple of rounds at midnight, but it's gonna make me wait until midnight pacific time.  

I'm gonna be playing the **** out of it tomorrow though.

1 hour ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Yup, if you purchase it this week you can actually pre-load it so at 12am on Friday you can start playing. Standing in line at midnight is really a thing of the past. 

So is it pretty easy to figure out how to do it through PSN?  I've never done anything like that before.

Archived