Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here come the Cowboys Fans

Boss_Hogg

Welp, here they come; out in full force after beating the 49ers in Santa Clara. 

I've witnessed tons of flags, jerseys and bumper stickers this morning in the Baltimore area. 

Ct2eBTuWEAEZ0_K.jpg

Where the hell were these guys last year? And btw, you can't tell me all these fans at Levi's Stadium traveled from Tejas

49ers player complains: There were more Cowboys fans than our fans in San Francisco

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/10/02/49ers-player-complains-cowboys-fans-fans-san-francisco

Comical

Just now, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Hey now! Some of us still rock with them at 4-12 lol.

But I agree. Here they all come.

You're a legit fan.

But some of these other dudes on my social media walls that are pumping their chests about "Dat" Prescott is making me SMH

12 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

You're a legit fan.

But some of these other dudes on my social media walls that are pumping their chests about "Dat" Prescott is making me SMH

Oh I hear you. "you heard about that Dat Preston???"

if you are over 60 I will excuse that. Anybody who watches the games ... come on man!

1 hour ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Oh I hear you. "you heard about that Dat Preston???"

if you are over 60 I will excuse that. Anybody who watches the games ... come on man!

My dad used to call Dolly Parton "Dolly Parsons" lol...

But yeah, for non-Cowboys fans we start seeing Dallas "fans" everywhere if things go well in even a minuscule fashion. There are a number of Cowboys fans here who deserve respect and I will easily stick up for against a few more immature Skins fans, if necessary.

Funny story, I was in a grocery story in the D.C. area a year or so ago, and as I was leaving I saw an older guy in a wheelchair wearing a Cowboys jersey, and one of the store employees wearing a Skins jersey. The store employee had this serious look on his face and was talking rather sternly to the guy in the wheelchair, and saying stuff like "You really expect me to just excuse you wearing that jersey in here?"..."What's the matter with you, you need to take that off."...Another employee came over and looked like he wanted to calm the fellow employee down a little, and the guy in the Skins jersey said something like "Nah, bro, we can't stand for this".

I was getting concerned and started to wait around to make sure nothing bad happened, it's football afterall...then suddenly both the employee wearing the Skins jersey and the guy in the wheel chair wearing the Cowboys jersey busted out laughing, grabbed each other's hand, and the guy in the Skins jersey bend over and gave the guy in the Cowboys jersey a hug, and got a hug in return. Both had huge smiles on their faces as I left the store lol...

3 hours ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Hey now! Some of us still rock with them at 4-12 lol.

But I agree. Here they all come.

Real deal Cowboys fans - especially the ones that have ties to the DFW - are usually knowledgeable, passionate, and loyal to the team.

While I hate that team with a fiery passion, their core base seems top-flight (Chief Zee and Crazy Ray were, apparently, buddies).

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the interactions I've had with them are NBDs

27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Do you have the same issue with Koolblue, CaliFan007, NoCalMike, GHH etc for rooting for the Redskins while not living in the DC area?

Yeah, that's dumb to think you have to live in the city of your favorite NFL team to be a knowledgeable, passionate, and loyal fan. Who gives a ****. As long as you stand by your team--through good or bad times--is all that matters.

4 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Yeah, that's dumb to think you have to live in the city of your favorite NFL team to be a knowledgeable, passionate, and loyal fan. Who gives a ****. As long as you stand by your team--through good or bad times--is all that matters.

I think you should at least have a story to go with it.  Either a family member was a fan or that was the team you played for as a kid.  Most people I know have something like that.  It's the Pat's or Steelers fans without a connection that I hate.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think you should at least have a story to go with it.  Either a family member was a fan or that was the team you played for as a kid.  Most people I know have something like that.  It's the Pat's or Steelers fans without a connection that I hate.

Well yeah, if you just hop on a winning team's bandwagon, then that's different. Especially if you live in an area that already had a team in place when you were growing up. Those people are scum.

Im just saying, in general, you don't have to live in the area of your favorite team to be a knowledgeable, loyal, and passionate fan.

3 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Well yeah, if you just hop on a winning team's bandwagon, then that's different. Especially if you live in an area that already had a team in place when you were growing up. Those people are scum.

Im just saying, in general, you don't have to live in the area of your favorite team to be a knowledgeable, loyal, and passionate fan.

I jumped on thd Redskins bandwagon back in the 80's during the first super bowl run....i live in Giants country...does that mean I'm scum? 

18 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Do you have the same issue with Koolblue, CaliFan007, NoCalMike, GHH etc for rooting for the Redskins while not living in the DC area?

Nah and I know this makes me sound like a hypocrite.

It's different with the Cowboys IMO. They have fans all over the damn globe and their level of intelligence about their team is comical. I used to fly for a living and I can't tell you how many times I would see cowboys gear in Podunk places like Sioux Falls, SD or Elmira, NY. 

Our team on the other hand, has a much smaller and local fan base than the cowturds...plus we have been horrible since 1993. So I know those fellas mentioned above are real fans. 

17 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

and yes I do agree with this

8 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Nah and I know this makes me sound like a hypocrite.

It's different with the Cowboys IMO. They have fans all over the damn globe and their level of intelligence about their team is comical. I used to fly for a living and I can't tell you how many times I would see cowboys gear in Podunk places like Sioux Falls, SD or Elmira, NY. 

Our team on the other hand, has a much smaller and local fan base than the cowturds...

You'd be surprised how many Redskins fans there are in Upstate NY

11 minutes ago, Xameil said:

You'd be surprised how many Redskins fans there are in Upstate NY

I would be.

Because we are far and few around the world. I would always wear my skins hat on layovers and most of the reactions I would get from the locals were of pity (because we suck) hatred (owner, team name) or confusion (why?). 

AZ where I live is FULL of fans from other teams, but I must say when the Cowboys win a damn game those roaches come out of the woodworks...

I can confirm that a high % of the folks I meet who are Cowboy fans can't even name the head coach, no less any players outside of Rhomo.

As technology improves, I think the loyalty to a city by it's fans will slowly start to decrease.

I love my DC teams, but even I have started to pay more attention to other teams.

So I can't fault people for rooting outside thier city anymore. I'll still clown you, but I understand. Lol 

Archived