Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Bills Prediction thread: Dress Rehearsal

skins island connection

When: Friday August 26th                                                                                                                                                                            Where: FedEx Field

Friday, the Redskins welcome in { and I use the term welcome loosely } the buffalo bills for preseason game #3.

This game will give the starters the most time on the field this entire preseason, and we will see how well or not the coordination and flow of the players and the game goes. Will the new center get any reps at all? Who knows.

The interesting thing about this game is, of course, the Ryan brothers, Rex and Rob.  Will these two be able to stand one another for an entire season, or will one go after the other when things go sour. At least this game doesn't really count so I wouldn't expect to see much excitement on their sideline. 

The other thing to watch is how the running game does. Who will get the most carries and playing time? Will they be effective? Offensively speaking, the running game is the only worrisome area, and i'm not so sure the line can withstand a season of being a passing-first team. I'm prob getting ahead of myself, I gots to keep reminding myself 'this is only preseason this is only preseason', but the anticipation is building, slowly but surely.

look for a game similar to the Jets, unusual final score, but there will be some very nice plays sprinkled in, so keep your eyes open.

when the dust settles,

Redskins 19                                                                                                                                                                                                   Bills           16

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Their starting defense is a disaster for week 1 between injuries and suspensions, but idk how many of those suspended players are getting significant preseason snaps anyways...anyone know?

As the rest of my family is Bills fans, i can tell you basically none of their injured/suspended guys are playing at all.  Marcell Dareus is in rehab.  Sammy Watkins isn't ready.  Several of their starting ol are out or gametime decisions.  They're also being very tentative with Gilmore, their #1 corner.

27 minutes ago, Poman said:

As the rest of my family is Bills fans, i can tell you basically none of their injured/suspended guys are playing at all.  Marcell Dareus is in rehab.  Sammy Watkins isn't ready.  Several of their starting ol are out or gametime decisions.  They're also being very tentative with Gilmore, their #1 corner.

Yeah, their front 7 is ravaged right now by injury and suspension.

Predicting we will be happy with the team effort in this game but ultimately come away feeling worried about our RBs.

Halftime score combined 27 points with us leading, final score combined 41 points with us winning - Redskins 24 Bills 17 final

Good tune up for Monday night in two weeks.

NO INJURIES!!! Sorry for all caps but that is the most important thing about this week :)

47 minutes ago, illone said:

I predict a big game from Keith Marshall.  He better step up and shine playing against that swiss cheese defense.

Hope he gets over 100 and a score or two.  That would cement him on the 53...

Love to see him do well also.  But the Bills D has been pretty stout this preseason (take that for what it is) even missing everybody.  Giants only had 1 first down in the entire 1st half last week.  I think it'll be a good test.

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The Bills were the teams we put an epic ****ing stomping on a few years ago in preseason, right? Like it just kept getting worse and every level of the roster pooped on them?

Yeah they were lit up by Rex Grossman and Pat White. I think they retired Kevin Kolb that game also.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

FYP.*

*Are we still doing this?

He's still on the team isn't he?

Chris Thompson would've got cut if he didn't return that kick for a TD in the fourth preseason game against Tampa Bay his rookie year.  You don't know what's gonna happen.

So yes we're still doing this

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Their starting defense is a disaster for week 1 between injuries and suspensions, but idk how many of those suspended players are getting significant preseason snaps anyways...anyone know?

Not too sure what their backups are like but their $100 million NT just went off to rehab. They may be doing a bit of swapping around there to see if there's a guy to plug the middle. 2nd round draft pick is done for the year. Well, can't really 'miss' what you haven't had but they did draft him to fill a need.

Buffalo picked up Brandon Spikes & David Hawthorne. I always liked Hawthorne starting back when he was drafted. The Good Spikes is very good. The bad Spikes - not so much. Picked up two DL a couple of weeks ago; Brandon Deaderick and Alameda Ta'amu. Anyway, gives you an idea of their defensive depth. 

Their RB's? LeSean McCoy, Reggie Bush, Mike Gillislee. Gillislee has been highly erratic but McCoy could wind up doing quite well this year. On the other hand, Philly killed LeSean in his last two years (600+ carries/80 receptions) there. He might spring back after having a down (injury) year in 2015 and just turned 28 so good chance he'll do well. Bush, well hopefully the Bills have theirs peeled because Reggie's pretty beat up these days even for a 3rd down back. 

There's been a couple of other personnel things but I don't remember off-hand. It was awhile back; like before the day before yesterday (which is about as far back as my memory goes...)

2 hours ago, zoony said:

Game not going to be replayed on NFLN  

I ****ing hate this ****ass league.  Still no real option for preseason games.  Roger Goodell =asshole

It'll be on Game Pass, the preseason games are. I don't know if they still have their free trial bit going on but you might try that. Seven days I think? Anyway I've paid for the package the last couple of years. You can't watch regular season games but you can listen to the broadcast live and choose from the broadcast, home or away crews. You can watch and re-watch the games after they're over.

15 hours ago, illone said:

I predict a big game from Keith Marshall.  He better step up and shine playing against that swiss cheese defense.

Hope he gets over 100 and a score or two.  That would cement him on the 53...

Keith has looked very, very average.  Probably below average if I'm being honest with myself.  Doesn't look to have very good vision, to my naked eye.  22 has looked far, far better.  

Archived