Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

From Mexico

maico79

Hello Redskins fans, I'm Maico Pasquel from Mexico City and I don't know if there is a bigger Redskins fan in Mexico. I'm 36 and been a fan since I was 5, my father is a huge Redskin fan (he studied two years in Virginia). Anyway I go to see the Redskins play once a year, this season I took my wife  for our anniversary in week 2 against the Rams and I'm also traveling for the playoffs, can´t wait and I'm very confident by the way this team is playing we'll win the playoff game at home, I don't care if its the Seahawks, Vikings or Packers. The two games they lost at home where coached to conservative and should been won, especially the Dolphins game after we had an 10-0 lead. But after hearing Shaun Mcvay and Captain Kirk (that's my fantasy's team name) talked about it seems they are way more aggressive, the eagles game showed it.

I love football and I just got hired in ESPN here in Mexico as an NFL analyst for the "NFL Live" show, for those of you who have ESPN Deportes you can see the show on Saturdays. Here is a link that talks about the show.

See you the next 9th or 10th and "HTTR amigos"

Congrats on the job.

When ya get there, make sure to **** slap Skip Bayless and Stephen A, Smith for us.

Um, not being sarcastic, but just how do you say Redskins in Spanish?

Thanks, Once I meet them I'll remember them Redskisn are the 2015 NFC East Champs

Pieles Rojas that's how you say Redskins in spanish.

Nice story bro. I'm a first generation American in the Maldonado family out of Chihuahua, Mexico. I grew up with my parents working in the textile industry in North Carolina in the 80s. Back then it was Redskins country. The Panthers have came along but my colors don't run. HTTR!!

I love Mexico City! I had a lot of fun staying in Polanco and La Condesa. Definitely the best food I've had anywhere. I remember seeing lots of Raiders, Cowboys and Broncos gear when I was there. Though I did see some Skins gear. Congrats on the job!

Congrats and welcome to ES, maico!

If you have time, I'd love to read a thread about the normal NFL Sunday in Mexico with fans and what some of the favorite teams are.

Also, if there are any regional affiliations, etc.

I'm always interested in different cultures and how they celebrate the game we all love.

Welcome, again!

Congrats and welcome to ES, maico!

If you have time, I'd love to read a thread about the normal NFL Sunday in Mexico with fans and what some of the favorite teams are.

Also, if there are any regional affiliations, etc.

I'm always interested in different cultures and how they celebrate the game we all love.

Welcome, again!

Basically here in Mexico is full of Dallas and Steelers fans, they get at least 40 to 50% of the fan base. We are very few Redskins fans. Raiders, 49ers, Dolphins, Broncos are also popular but nos as much as Dallas and Pittsburgh. About two years ago Steelers fans opened a pub, it's funny because there are not many pubs here in Mexico City only for particular teams, specially soccer. You can go to many restaurants and bars to watch soccer, baseball and NFL games. A regular sunday for me during the NFL season is to have breakfast with the fam, then watch the pregame show and the Redskins game all the way to the Sunday Night,  I always hired the Sunday Ticket so I'm able to watch all games.

If you have more questions please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in Mexico, still a little devastated by the loss, I just keep thinking "what ifs" but that's in the past. Anyway just want to mention I met some Redskins fans in the plane to DC and back to Mexico, not to many but it's nice to see there is Redskins love in Mexico. Looking forward for Scott to continue building a championship team.

P.S. I hope the players feel the same pain we as Redskins fans feel so they can build on it and take it as motivation to not feel it again next season.

• 4 months later...

Back in Mexico, still a little devastated by the loss, I just keep thinking "what ifs" but that's in the past. Anyway just want to mention I met some Redskins fans in the plane to DC and back to Mexico, not to many but it's nice to see there is Redskins love in Mexico. Looking forward for Scott to continue building a championship team.

P.S. I hope the players feel the same pain we as Redskins fans feel so they can build on it and take it as motivation to not feel it again next season.

Maico, I hope you are enjoying your job and am glad you are a fellow Redskins fan.  I go to Nuevo Vallarta once a year and was surprised to see how popular the NFL is in Mexico.  Hopefully, we can help build the Redskins supporters throughout Mexico!

Hello Redskins fans, I'm Maico Pasquel from Mexico City and I don't know if there is a bigger Redskins fan in Mexico. I'm 36 and been a fan since I was 5, my father is a huge Redskin fan (he studied two years in Virginia). Anyway I go to see the Redskins play once a year, this season I took my wife  for our anniversary in week 2 against the Rams and I'm also traveling for the playoffs, can´t wait and I'm very confident by the way this team is playing we'll win the playoff game at home, I don't care if its the Seahawks, Vikings or Packers. The two games they lost at home where coached to conservative and should been won, especially the Dolphins game after we had an 10-0 lead. But after hearing Shaun Mcvay and Captain Kirk (that's my fantasy's team name) talked about it seems they are way more aggressive, the eagles game showed it.

I love football and I just got hired in ESPN here in Mexico as an NFL analyst for the "NFL Live" show, for those of you who have ESPN Deportes you can see the show on Saturdays. Here is a link that talks about the show.

See you the next 9th or 10th and "HTTR amigos"

Hey dude... chill out!!!... I am the biggest Redskins mexican fan!!... hahahaha... 

Great news and congrats about your new job, ESPN deportes really needs people with knowledge of the game.. besides Sutcliffe the rest are just not very good... 

Hey! I'm planning to go to the Packers game at FedEx, if happens that you will be there let me know and maybe we can hang together...

Are you guys making a podcast or something of your show??... I'll love to follow... let me know

Arriba los pinches Redskins a huevo!!!!  :D

Dallas no la pela! 

(don't try to translate)

Archived