Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 39s40 seconds ago

Rewatched it - unfortunately, you can't see Dr. Andrews' "thumbs up" on CBS feed. But it does appear Andrews never evaluates RGIII.

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 1m1 minute ago

So...do I want to listen to the old #Redskins coach open up about the past? Or the current #Redskins coach at combine? Decisions, decisions.

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 7s7 seconds ago

#Redskins coach Jay Gruden about to speak to reporters here at the combine.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1m1 minute ago

Jay running a few minutes late apparently.

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 37s37 seconds ago

He's busy listening to Shanny on radio RT @Rich_TandlerCSN: Jay running a few minutes late apparently. #RedskinsTalk

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 13s14 seconds ago Indianapolis, IN

Gruden MIA

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 now

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 says that Robert was upset in Philly...others noticed that he was "just not himself." Ran in three more times

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 12s12 seconds ago

Shanahan said RG3 told him in Seattle game that his limp was caused by brace being askew, but didn't want to run option anymore.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 33s33 seconds ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "I told RG3 if you can't run 50 series (read option) then you can't play"

Washington Redskins @Redskins 16s16 seconds ago

WATCH LIVE: #Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks from the #NFLCombine in Indy: http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/WATCH-LIVE-Jay-Gruden-At-The-Combine/d38534fe-248a-4aab-8167-3997c840e3fb 

B-JUUnYCUAAHGR8.jpg

Paul Conner retweeted

Mike Shanahan "RG3 told me I have ride with him or don't after he said he couldn't run read option in Seattle playoff game" #Redskins

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 11s12 seconds ago

Gruden says RG3 will be the starter going into the season

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

“A lot of improvement needed all across the board.”—Jay

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 31s31 seconds ago

Wow. Guess he isnt listening to Shanny after all RT @Rich_TandlerCSN: “We’ll go into the season with Robert as the No. 1 guy”.—Gruden.

Said RG will have to continue to improve, expects he will.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 50s50 seconds ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "I asked Robert if he hurt his knee (vs Seattle) and Robert said it was the brace"

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 10s11 seconds ago

Robert Griffin III will go into the season as No. 1 QB. But he has to show some improvement to stay there

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 40s40 seconds ago Indianapolis, IN

Gruden confirmed Cousins is working out with Jon Gruden and Griffin is working with Terry Shea. Griffin could work with Jon if he wanted.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 44s44 seconds ago

Oh???? “@TDavenport_PPI: Gruden: RG3 ended season as starter and that’s how we go into the season.”

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 10s10 seconds ago Indianapolis, IN

Gruden echoes McCloughan's mantra that #Redskins will look at best available players.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 32s32 seconds ago

“We’re going with the best available player, period.”—Gruden #Redskins

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 1m1 minute ago

Gruden concedes he thought he'd be able to work with QBs more than he did last year. Put too much on McVay. So #Redskins hired QB coach.

Skins Squad @SkinsSquad 2m2 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan spilling guts on what we all speculated > Jay Gruden presser at the combine. P.S Shanny's twisting truth but mostly accurate

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 2m2 minutes ago

Gruden says the want to work with their own young guys but believes that have lots of areas to address

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 3m3 minutes ago Indianapolis, IN

Gruden said he didn't know Cousins went to Tampa to work with Jon until after it had happened.

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 3m3 minutes ago

Jay Gruden admits he may have put too much on offensive coordinator Sean McVay last season. Part of why Matt Cavanaugh was hired

So no nepotism? “@TDavenport_PPI: Gruden: Jon does his own thing on the QB camps. That’s his own doing. I don’t push it on anyone.”

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 5m5 minutes ago Indianapolis, IN

Gruden: Cavanaugh is an experienced guy. Said he put too much on McVay last year and thought Gruden would be more active with QBs.

It's very popular on ES to believe Mike S is just a big liar. I'm not one of those people. I don't like his persona, never have,  and know he is capable of all  sorts of less the forthright behaviors, but much of what he has said and still says fits other evidence, reason, rational analysis and makes sense to me. I think much of what he says that people have labeled lies and spite may have been right about the spite via built-up anger and frustration, but not so much the "lies" part.  

I'd like to offer a third, neutral party: "Who cares?!" Is he telling the truth? Maybe. Is he trying to salvage some of his reputation? Possibly. Do I care? Not at all.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 5s5 seconds ago

Callahan “one of the best at what he does” #Redskins Gruden.

Lake Lewis Jr @LakeLewis 32s32 seconds ago Ashburn, VA

No surprise as #Redskins HC Jay Gruden say's "We'll go into the season with Robert as the #1 guy." Smart move on his part! @SportsJourney

Paul Williams retweeted

winning off the field, on the field. RT @KelynSoong: Jay Gruden on Cousins training with Jon Gruden in Florida: "I didn't know about it."

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 6s7 seconds ago

@TDavenport_PPI: Jay Gruden #Redskins

B-JWlNQCAAAiSTI.jpg

Silas Redd Jr. @ThirdEyeSi_ 44s44 seconds ago

Unbelievably lit. @mickjenkins @KirkKnight

B-JW2NhCUAEbT7g.jpg

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 13s13 seconds ago Indianapolis, IN

Atrocious job by Redskins PR, which had Gruden show up eight minutes late for presser and didn't let him speak to local reporters after.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 44s44 seconds ago

Former #Skins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Robert sat down with me & Kyle 2days after the SB & said he would not run certain plays"

Gruden says Pierre Garçon is on this team. #Redskins

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 2m2 minutes ago

I wonder if Jay Gruden names RG3 today if Kirk Cousins had not been working out with his brother. I say no. #RedskinsTalk

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 15s15 seconds ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 says Dan Snyder denied to Mike that he influenced Robert's desire to run less & pass more. #Redskins

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 2m2 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 says Robert made it very clear that he wanted to pass more, run less & used language that sounded from Dan.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 2m2 minutes ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Robert wanted to throw more and run less; more like Aaron Rodgers"

Eric Bickel @EBJunkies 3m3 minutes ago

Can't believe Robert is being given the job again. When will he earn it? Even in 2013 he was given the job prematurely given his health.

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 24s24 seconds ago

This is the problem: "Dan felt very strongly about Robert being a dropback quarterback" #RedskinsTalk

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 57s57 seconds ago

Former #Skins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "he (Robert) never trusted me after I told him he wasn't ready to be a drop back passer"

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 30s30 seconds ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "I knew my time was short-lived" when Robert told him that he basically did not want to run read option.

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980 44s44 seconds ago

Former #Skins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Robert sat down with me & Kyle 2days after the SB & said he would not run certain plays"

Mike may give the Rg3 basket-case thread more than a little new material (thankfully and sadly at the same time)

LOL your gonna be busy in here for a while

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 2m2 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 says Robert made it very clear that he wanted to pass more, run less & used language that sounded from Dan.

Somebody alert Dan T. who usually gets fairly upright :P  when people post on how Robert wanted to lessen the running QB focus and be the more drop back passer. Oh wait, never mind--Mike's just lying. 

The ESPN980 interview with Shanahan is fascinating. Whether he is twisting the truth or not it's amazing that he is letting everything out. I hope there will be a podcast or transcript - unfortunately can only catch brief snippets.

People keep misrepresenting. jay didn't say starter. He could have easily used that term and didn't. He said Robert is #1 going into the season. That leave everything open while still giving Robert a positive and reasonable public nod of some kind which is a good idea IMO. And how could the other guys be ranked (in this context) over Robert anyway based on the final results being abysmal for all? None of them made "it", but Robert does have the best overall legacy to date---which outside of 2012 is sad for us, really.

It does have that feel, but - if we want to hear anything moderately sane and positive - maybe this is also an echo of Mac's assertion that you don't give up on a young QB who had that kind of rookie year? Hoping to find some silver lining here.

Paul Conner retweeted

Mike Shanahan "Why are you telling people you're going to play?" "All in for Week 1" #Redskins

Steve Czaban @czabe 2m2 minutes ago

Sounds like Lobster demanded TOTAL CONTROL and then started getting pushed around on big moves right away. Sez him. Too bad he caved...

Offensive lineman La'El Collins has 22 meeting set. #LSU

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 5m5 minutes ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Robert was ready to start vs Philly" in 2013

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors 5m5 minutes ago

2015 Salary Cap Expected To Be Between $140M – $143M http://bit.ly/17r48QX

Steve Czaban @czabe 6m6 minutes ago

That's the problem with taking Skins HC job. You can milk it for $7m a year, and if it all goes south, toss the blame in owners lap.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 7m7 minutes ago

Former #Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 "Robert isnt chosen one, he needs to work hard every day to make this football team"

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 8m8 minutes ago

Mike Shanahan on @ESPNRadio980 says it did make him nervous that Robert "wasn't all in" & he made it clear that he could not be "chosen one"

Ivan very layzie @DC_Sports_fan 14m14 minutes ago

Mike is mad because he didn't get a head coaching job and thinks its Roberts fault. No mike. Its YOUR fault.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 10m10 minutes ago

My guy @TDavenport_PPI says there’s clear discrepancy between #Redskins PR and that of other teams… Others fallback.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 12m12 minutes ago Indianapolis, IN

Each coach has a 15 minute window for interview at podium. Redskins brought Gruden in eight min late, so that's why his Presser was so short

Archived