Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DS: London Fletcher: DC Jim Haslett "Clueless" w/ video

DC9

http://deadspin.com/london-fletcher-defensive-coordinator-jim-haslett-is-1667950222?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

My apologies if this needs to go somewhere else.  I thought it would spark enough debate to rate it's own thread - or at least that we should have a quick spot for reference.

Enjoy.  Discuss.

I just want to ask London why the hell he resigned when he could have left with 2 years left in his career?

Something seems strange about a guy resigning knowing he will work for a guy who has "ruined plenty of people's career"

I don't doubt that Haz sucks, that's not my point...

I don't like this from London, makes me think he is trying to be a story himself.  

Media is media I guess, but I expected more from 59.  He is reminding me of Barber when he left the Giants and tried to be Media Man.

Tiki Barber

London needs to shut up too

Why? Why is he not allowed to speak his mind?

He's not on the team, and really, he has no affiliation with the team anymore.It's also not like he's not saying something that literally EVERYONE on this message board does.

Some of you are way too sensitive about the media. This team deserves to be obliterated by everyone in the media. That includes former players.

I just want to ask London why the hell he resigned when he could have left with 2 years left in his career?

Something seems strange about a guy resigning knowing he will work for a guy who has "ruined plenty of people's career"

I don't doubt that Haz sucks, that's not my point...

I don't like this from London, makes me think he is trying to be a story himself.  

Media is media I guess, but I expected more from 59.  He is reminding me of Barber when he left the Giants and tried to be Media Man.

don't take it personal but this is a pretty stupid question to ask

don't take it personal but this is a pretty stupid question to ask

Thanks.

I also would like to ask another stupid question.

London stated that he would change Haz's bad plays and get the D off the field, then he goes on to show what he calls stupid plays that Haslett ran with him on the field.

So why didn't he change them and get the D off the field?  Hindsight is 20-20.

I call BS.

I'm assuming that was in response to something? Why is Russell on the line?

Haz's son tweeted something along the lines of, "Hate to see someone my father respects so much go on tv and trash him, trying to ruin his career."

That drew London's response about "your father has ruined plenty of careers."

@10JICH @Russellmania980 you're father has ruined plenty of people's career.

That's from London Fletcher...to Jim Hasletts son.

I loved it up until that. London doesn't need to be going at Haz's kid and engaging him.

Haz's son tweeted something along the lines of, "Hate to see someone my father respects so much go on tv and trash him, trying to ruin his career."

That drew London's response about "your father has ruined plenty of careers."

This seems personal, like London's leaving something out. A lot of guys play for bad coaches, but for London to go in like he's doing makes it seem like there's more to it.

London Fletcher went harder than you usually see anyone go after coaches.  Wow.  You'd think Haslet was in his fantasy league and got away with a shady trade or something. 

Not saying anything that fans didn't already think though is he?  Haslett is no good. 

London needs to shut up too

The hell he does

About time someone manned up and called it out. You prefer anonymous sources? You prefer the suck?

This is a bad position you've taken. A completely indefensible one.

Thank you London. From all of us

Thanks.

I also would like to ask another stupid question.

London stated that he would change Haz's bad plays and get the D off the field, then he goes on to show what he calls stupid plays that Haslett ran with him on the field.

So why didn't he change them and get the D off the field? Hindsight is 20-20.

I call BS.

I would imagine changing the coach's plays on a regular basis wouldn't be good for the player/coach relationship. I would suspect Fletch might've done it a few times and gotten away with it, but more often than not, he had to run the defense that was called. He couldn't change EVERY play he didnt like.

Posters defending Haslett are morons. London was a NFL player on a Probowl level. He's been there done that. Haslett is average at best. Feast or famine ain't cutting it. When he played Chip Kelly for the first time, he admitted not planning for the Eagles' offensive scheme! What an idiot...way to leave your D high and dry, coach! He doesn't adjust, this is why he is mediocre and the skins will continue to suffer average performances from the D! Sad really, our secondary will always seem to have no talent due to his dumb@$$ness!

Archived