Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

via twitter: Seahawks tired of "Marshawn Lynch's ways"

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL 2h2 hours ago

Per @MortReport, the @Seahawks have grown tired of Marshawn Lynch's ways and he's not expected to return next season.

NFL Philosophy @NFLosophy 1h1 hour ago

1 thing to keep in mind about Lynch, if a team trades for him and then lets him walk in free agency, they could receive a compensation pick

Man, the elite RBs of 2012 have fallen off a damn cliff just 2 years later:

Peterson - All sorts of legal problems, not playing at the moment

Lynch - Seahawks don't want him back

Martin - Bucs are looking to trade him/139 yards, 2.9 yards per carry

Morris - 440 yds and 3.8 yds per carry

Their cap for next year pretty much dictated the move to begin with, and the writing was on the wall when they shifted a portion of his bonus for next year to this season after the holdout. This is just part of the Seahawks new M.O. of dumping on their players in the media when they're ready to move on from them.

So much for that "Dynasty"

Yeah seriously that group seems to be tearing itself apart.  Lynch will be gone if it's true that he's talking smack though because Danger-Russ is their franchise QB.  In the NFL those guys are golden gods.  Any player, regardless of position or ability, that turns on the precious QB is going to be tossed out on his ass.  Hopefully they are right and Wilson is that good because if he's not, they are unloading an awful lot of talent that isn't easy to get back. 

When is Dick Sherman going to weigh in?  With everyone in that locker room suddenly having something to say, the loudest voice on that team is quiet. 

What are "Lynch's ways" that they are referring to?

Probably whatever got people to sour on him in Buffalo. They're dealing with the effects of winning a title.

Takes special people and special coaches to not fall into that trap the next season. Everybody gets a little full of themselves.

A lot of guys on that team were already assholes to begin with. No surprise to me that there is major friction between them

Probably whatever got people to sour on him in Buffalo. They're dealing with the effects of winning a title.

That and "Beast Mode" is actually a nickname for his johnson, and when he's in the locker room, guys are getting upset about him going all "Beast Mode" on them while they're changing.  

I think, since everyone's figured out that to stop Seattle, all you do is stop Lynch, the team is falling apart. Mostly because they've realized how over-rated their QB and a few other players are. Lynch-pin, shall we say?

I'm not sad.

We have always known that, but he gets good yards after contact and RW gets huge yards on scramble drill plays. Sprinkle that in with some other completed passes and that's what they do and rely on their defense. They have always been average on the road. Hell, they played the exact same game last year against Carolina that they had today. They won 12-7 last year in Carolina and won today 13-9. It's playing in Seattle that they are tough to beat. I hate Seattle as much as the next guy but they are far far faaaarrrrr from finished. They have the Raiders and Giants at home coming up and they will get back on a roll unfortunately.

However, the one thing I think that is hurting them is not Percy Harvin, it's Golden Tate not being there anymore. He was their big play guy and return man and I think him being gone is what is hurting them right now. If they actually do continue to struggle (I still see them winning at least 10 games), I think that will be ultimately the key factor.

Whatever the hell is going on in Seattle, they damn near deserve it. Besides wilson, who is actually a robot...from their coach to the loud mouth cb, they are not a very humble team. They forgot the nfl is a tough league

Takes special people and special coaches to not fall into that trap the next season. Everybody gets a little full of themselves.

A lot of guys on that team were already assholes to begin with. No surprise to me that there is major friction between them

he played on the bills? i didnt know that. wow.

learn somethin new every day i guess

We have always known that, but he gets good yards after contact and RW gets huge yards on scramble drill plays. Sprinkle that in with some other completed passes and that's what they do and rely on their defense. They have always been average on the road. Hell, they played the exact same game last year against Carolina that they had today. They won 12-7 last year in Carolina and won today 13-9. It's playing in Seattle that they are tough to beat. I hate Seattle as much as the next guy but they are far far faaaarrrrr from finished. They have the Raiders and Giants at home coming up and they will get back on a roll unfortunately.

yeah, sadly i have to agree. they could be much worse than they are now. they're 4-3, which could turn into 6-3 or 7-3 with a few good games.

Whatever the hell is going on in Seattle, they damn near deserve it. Besides wilson, who is actually a robot...from their coach to the loud mouth cb, they are not a very humble team. They forgot the nfl is a tough league

Aren't they just a big barrel of assholes? Their fans aren't very humble at all either. Starts right at the top with Pete Carroll, cannot stand that guy and I would love for the Seahawks to implode and not make the playoffs. I just don't see it happening. Carroll cheating at USC and then jumping ship to Seattle before the penalties were handed down to USC.... Universal Justice should have prevented him from getting a ring.

he played on the bills? i didnt know that. wow.

learn somethin new every day i guess

I forgot you're kind of young. You would've been a teenager when he got traded there. He was drafted in Buffalo in 2007 to replace Willis McGahee. He had some good years, but because its Buffalo, he really didn't come into mainstream consciousness until the Earthquake Run .

He basically was sent to

Seattle to die. Seattle then, was basically a football outpost, in transition after the Holmgren years.

Hed better enjoy this last year. Being a slacker, plus his running style and his age doesn't paint a pretty picture for his future.

I forgot you're kind of young. You would've been a teenager when he got traded there. He was drafted in Buffalo in 2007 to replace Willis McGahee. He had some good years, but because its Buffalo, he really didn't come into mainstream consciousness until the Earthquake Run .

He basically was sent to

Seattle to die. Seattle then, was basically a football outpost, in transition after the Holmgren years.

Hed better enjoy this last year. Being a slacker, plus his running style and his age doesn't paint a pretty picture for his future.

that must be why i hadnt heard of him much until he was in seattle. i became an nfl fan in 2005.

well, it will be interesting to see how the seattle seahawks do the rest of the season. and it will be interesting to see if lynch gets much attention in free agency, if in fact seattle does release him.

I'd love to see the Seahawks collapse but I don't think they will. They may drop off a bit this year but they are a very well run organization at the top that knows how to draft and develop talent, especially in the middle rounds. They'll be a year in year out contender for the next decade.

My thing is, Seattle was never a League Powerhouse - they just had a great year.  Are they a "good" team?  Sure.  But they remind me of that Green Bay team that Won The Super Bowl (in 2011 was it?): yes, they have some talent.  Yes, they are a quality team...but "Dynasty" they are certainly not.

And Lynch is overrated! 

More like the 85 Bears. Supposed to have been a dynasty, but their in fighting did them in. Like the Hawks, tough as balls defense with an offense that did just enough. Lynch is their Payton. Weak WRs, but good Oline.

If a Seattle never wins another SB with this team, the will be a clone of the 85 Bears. I hope we beat them twice like we did to the Bears in 86 and 87.

Archived