Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The RG3 trade really really hurt...

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

The franchise has more bad Sundays and Mondays and Thursdays ahead of it until it hires a real GM who can evaluate talent.

We have the talent. That isn't the problem. The problem is 1. Injuries 2. Defensive play calling. Having 10+ guys banged up on a short week is a recipie for disaster. Having Jim Haslett as a play caller all but seals the game. Cousins was bad, but I'm not ready to cut him just yet.

Kirk Cousins looks like Blaine Gabbert tonight and our response is to make a thread saying that the RG3 trade has ruined this team.

Grow up

Its a legitimate argument based on where we are.

3-13 last year and this year will be about the same, did we give up 3 picks to win 3 games a year in 2013 and 2014?

What would be your argument that giving the picks away was a good idea?

I'm not trying to be confrontational but don't you get how screwed we are.

When you spend that much on one player, the player has to be dominant to worth it.

In 2012, RG3 was dominant, and disguised a lot of flaws on the team. That's generally what superstar QBs do. You invest so much in them because one of them is basically equivalent to like five pro bowlers of other positions.

Now though, yeah it looks bad, mainly because we haven't gotten a similar level of play. If we don't get 2012 RG3 back, it's gonna take a couple more years worth of high draft picks just to get back even in terms of personnel.

Let's all be honest.  I will start.  I was pulling for Cousins because I don't think RG3 is the same player he was in 2012, and due to injuries, I don't think he will ever be that player again.  I was wrong.  Cousins is in over his head. The offensive line is bad, and I blamed too much of that on RG3 when he was starting.  That said, the RG3 trade was also a disaster.  Regardless of what the Rams did with those picks, we needed them.  We all forget that a certain Russell Wilson was available without those picks that year.  That wasn't the play we made, and perhaps it was never even on the radar, and that is why we're bad, and Seattle is a super bowl contender.  They draft quality players in all rounds, and we tried to hit a home run, but we whiffed. 

The fact is, it is what it is, and it can't be changed.  It doesn't help that we seem to always have a horrid ST unit, and our defense under Haslett has shown no improvement, even with lots of talent in our front seven.  Fortunately, this is the down point of the season.  We are essentially out of the playoff hunt with Seattle and Arizona on the horizon, so all we can do is evaluate guys and try to get in a better position for next year. 

Seeing as though we are once again at rock bottom (which was where we were in 2011), I'd say we'd be better off with the picks

Picks are a gamble at all rounds.

Who knows if we would have drafted what we needed as opposed to 'the best player available.'

We can blame all the drafts, but the players on the field need to step up and execute; period.

Its a legitimate argument, look where we are.

3-13 last year and this year will be about the same, did we give up 3 picks to win 3 games a year in 2013 and 2014?

What would be your argument that giving the picks away was a good idea?

I'm not trying to be confrontational but don't you get how screwed we are.

So why make this post immediately following the worst QB play we've seen from the Redskins since John Beck?

Why not make the post before or after the Jacksonville or Philadelphia games?

It's not a coincidence... a solid attempt to divert some attention...

Guess thats what forums are for  B)

At this point, RG3 has to win a SB to justify it and that looks as unlikely as ever.

Please for the love of God/Buddha/Luke Skywalker, please don't turn this into a QB debate. 

everybody can read between the lines here. give it up, cousins stunk it up, no defending it

Mark my words. More than his physical gifts, he has the strength of character and work ethic to overcome the adversity he's faced. Those writing him off are flat out wrong.

The dude is what, 24? Has had 2 incredibly unlucky fluke injuries and people are ready to write him off. It's unbelievable. Actually, it's very believable. This fan base deserves every bit of the **** that goes on. They bash their own players more than anyone I've ever seen. Rg3, orakpo Ect.

The trade didn't matter. You're acting as though we'd hit on all those picks. Odds are at least two of those three picks would've been mediocre players. The teams best player was picked in the sixth round. The patriots never made first round selections. Having the picks wouldn't have changed anything because we'd find a way to mess it up.

Bottom line, we spent 3 firsts, a 2nd and a 4th on our QB situation and we still don't have a bonafide starter.

The problem is this team tried to build a successful franchise by getting stars first instead of packing up on bodies for the trenches. Just for argument sake but we could have still had Jake Matthews instead of Polumbus protecting Cousins backside if the RG3 trade was never made.

The trade didn't matter. You're acting as though we'd hit on all those picks. Odds are at least two of those three picks would've been mediocre players. The teams best player was picked in the sixth round. The patriots never made first round selections. Having the picks wouldn't have changed anything because we'd find a way to mess it up.

Last part is sadly true

The dude is what, 24? Has had 2 incredibly unlucky fluke injuries and people are ready to write him off. It's unbelievable. Actually, it's very believable. This fan base deserves every bit of the **** that goes on. They bash their own players more than anyone I've ever seen. Rg3, orakpo Ect.

Its because many of us have been watching this team for 20+ years, back when you were just a glint in the eye of the milkman we were watching this team embarrass themselves and its really getting old.

We have no talent on this football team. 2012 was masked by a top 5 NFL player in RG3.

No, we have plenty of talent. Robinson, Hatcher, Rak, Kerrigan, Cofield, Baker, Amerson, Rg3, Djax, Morris, Helu, Garcon, Reed, Paul, Roberts, Grant, Williams Ect. We have defensive incompetence at the highest level. The team was probably a 6-7 win team WITH all their players. Now with injuries to pretty much everyone it's going to be tough to get 5. But make no mistake, we have decent building blocks. Rg3, Williams, Djax, Garcon, Reed,Morris and Roberts are going to make for a very good offense for years to come. It's the defense that needs a complete retooling save for 5-6 guys.

Its because many of us have been watching this team for 20+ years, back when you were just a glint in the eye of the milkman we were watching this team embarrass themselves and its really getting old.

"it's getting old". You all do the same thing every year and every game. There is no median with Redskins fans. It's either "omfg we suck fire everyone" or "we are awesome book the palof tickets whoooooo". It usually varies by half depending on how the skins are playing.

Guys, let's not go at each other because we're all so frustrated and hurt. I used to be as guilty as this as anyone so I'm not trying to talk down to anyone here. We need to stop taking it out on each other. Maybe that'll help lift this friggin curse, lol.  

No, we have plenty of talent. Robinson, Hatcher, Rak, Kerrigan, Cofield, Baker, Amerson, Rg3, Djax, Morris, Helu, Garcon, Reed, Paul, Roberts, Grant, Williams Ect. We have defensive incompetence at the highest level. The team was probably a 6-7 win team WITH all their players. Now with injuries to pretty much everyone it's going to be tough to get 5. But make no mistake, wears to come.

Really? and none of those players actually make an impact when it counts.  There are only 5 players worth a damn on offense that are good to build around.

RG3, morris, Trent, Garcon and Reed(and he is made out of glass)

Defense: Kerrigan.  Robinson is still new and you can't tell me you can build around him.  

Really? and none of those players actually make an impact when it counts. There are only 5 players worth a damn on offense that are good to build around.

RG3, morris, Trent, Garcon and Reed(and he is made out of glass)

Defense: Kerrigan. Robinson is still new and you can't tell me you can build around him.

"When it counts". Just look at the box score from last week. Djax, Garcon, Roberts and Paul all dominated. This game was horrible in every possible way. Let's no overreact. Wait till the seasons over to start talking about the future.

Archived