Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLN - B.Brooks: Trent Williams one of game's best LT's

martytheman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000364275/article/buckys-best-joe-thomas-tyron-smith-among-blindside-beasts

Bucky Brooks lists his top 10 tackles.. Can't really argue or complain about his list or the players in the positions they're slotted in, and some high praise for our guy TW. Here's what he says:

3) Trent Williams, Washington Redskins: Williams is the most gifted offensive tackle in the game. He is not only freakishly athletic for his size (6-5, 337), but he is a nasty player with the strength, power and explosiveness to maul defenders at the point of attack. Although he can get a little sloppy with his technique at times, Williams is such an imposing physical specimen that his raw talent and ability allow him to dominate elite opponents without assistance. On the verge of his 26th birthday, Williams is also on the verge of overtaking some notable veterans for the top spot on the list.

Is that a typo? Top 15? I'd be curious who you have above him

I tend to rank guys in groups and Trent is within this group:

Joe Thomas, King Dunlap, Joe Staley, Jason Peters, Nate Solder, Cordy Glenn, Eugene Monroe, Jordan Gross, Jake Long, Mike Roos, Branden Albert, Anthony Collins, Donald Penn, and Matt Kalil

This is why reason I won't gnash my teeth too much if a guy I really liked in the draft is bypassed by the skins FO because I was soo pissed when we passed on a sure fire All pro LT in Okung to pick Trent Williams - who some thought was strictly was a RT!!! :unsure:

I tend to rank guys in groups and Trent is within this group:

Joe Thomas, King Dunlap, Joe Staley, Jason Peters, Nate Solder, Cordy Glenn, Eugene Monroe, Jordan Gross, Jake Long, Mike Roos, Branden Albert, Anthony Collins, Donald Penn, and Matt Kalil

There are several guys I just disagree with you on (a couple strongly), but more than that Dunlap and Penn being on that list is just laughable.

Archived