Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is going to happen in Washington and Colorado with the legalization of marijuana?

Skinz4Life12

will the federal government step in? or will they just roll with it and see how things work themselves out? will it be taxed?

Will this lead to a domino effect of other states to adopt such legalization? If so, which states and how much longer will that take?

Mods, if this doesn't deserve its own thread please feel free to merge :)

I just don't want to see anyone suing majijuana companies/distributors in a few years for health issues.

The Fed will be forced to enforce the law, but they can't aftord to do so, so an unenforced law = no law.

That's what a lot of attorneys here locally have been saying, calling into the local talk radio show here in Denver today. Too expensive and not worth their time. Unless somebody is moving large amounts of weed, the feds probably won't bother...

Denver was already considered by many one of the top 5 cities to live in around the U.S....and now they're looking to treat marijuana the same way they do alcohol....my god.

---------- Post added November-7th-2012 at 11:42 AM ----------

psssst. Brandy isnt a man

oops....edited :ols:

I have all my VA small business loan paperwork filled out. I'm already wrapped up in this. I'm going to get my license and grow in my partner's building. We're going hydroponic carousel. We'll quadruple our investment in 4 months. Just need the state to open the licensing office and I'm off. I'll have a suite at FedEx in no time!

This is the only intelligent thing WA voters have done since I got here in 2000. That's whats going to happen in WA.

HAIL!

I have all my VA small business loan paperwork filled out. I'm already wrapped up in this. I'm going to get my license and grow in my partner's building. We're going hydroponic carousel. We'll quadruple our investment in 4 months. Just need the state to open the licensing office and I'm off. I'll have a suite at FedEx in no time!

This is the only intelligent thing WA voters have done since I got here in 2000. That's whats going to happen in WA.

HAIL!

Can I get in on this? I can be an "angel investor" :D

HAIL!

how much is your initial investment?

HAIL!

and did he follow through with what the memo said? I'll help you out to save some time for you.

No, he didnt, he raided dispensaries all over anyway.

Thank you for you patronizing response :rolleyes:

While it is a low priority, DEA also made clear if dispensaries openly flaunt disregard of federal law, they are likely to be raided.

Tell that to the 100s of state legal dispensaries taken out by the DEA in the past year in California.

but but but, Obama sent a memo saying he wouldnt do that!

---------- Post added November-7th-2012 at 02:02 PM ----------

Thank you for you patronizing response :rolleyes:

While it is a low priority, DEA also made clear if dispensaries openly flaunt disregard of federal law, they are likely to be raided.

No I just did the patronizing response a second ago, that one was just a normal, "pull your head out of the sand and see reality" response

We've had medical marijuana for a few years now and its been very successful. Even prior to yesterday's vote, anyone could go get a state issued medical card for just about any medical reason and then purchase marijuana at one of the dispenseries. There hasn't been any social fallout, and in fact most people are now accustomed the the idea of Marijuana "being around". This will just expand on that prescedent so that the illusion of 'medical need' is removed. Should be a tax windfall for the state and also savings on the law enforcement side. The Feds recently closed down some dispenceries that were close to schools, but they only did so to appear as if they were doing something about it. But in reality, it was just a token maneuver and I expect to see the same hands off approach by the Feds. They've got bigger fish to fry for now and coming to CO to bust down on a state legal enterprise that makes money for the school system probably doesn't make much sense.

The wildcard IMO is Gov. Hickenlooper. He's come out against prop 64, saying that 'marijuana is not what Colorado should be known for':

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/12/gov-john-hickenlooper-opp_n_1879248.html

The counter argument made by Mason Tvert in that article is also interesting.

Also, don't forget, prop64 is more than just buying from retail. We can grow up to 6 plants in our house as long as its in a locked room / enclosure. No chance the feds ever ever get in to breaking that up. Also, you can carry around and give away up to an ounce. Also, no way the Feds start policing Colorado for people walking around with weed. Even if the retail stuff receives resistance, the other parts of prop 64 won't.

I'm waiting on further clarification. How much you can grow at a time, how much product you can maintain on hand. A lot of questions.

More the point, I am pre approved for up to 85,000. I'll pay that off in months. Part time. If my business model plays out at 70% optimal, I'll be a millionaire in 3 years.

Archived