Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

Just received my BCBS notice in the mail.

New rate is $1616 per month. This is for a family of 6, increase of $6 per month from last year.  Wife and I are both self employed and have had the same plan since before Obamacare.  

The scary thing for us is that there is a nice line in this letter saying this may be the last year they offer our plan.  Having a child that has gone through cancer treatment I am a bit scared of having to potentially find a new plan next year.

Figured some real world examples would be nice to have in this thread.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, daveakl said:

The scary thing for us is that there is a nice line in this letter saying this may be the last year they offer our plan.  Having a child that has gone through cancer treatment I am a bit scared of having to potentially find a new plan next year.

Figured some real world examples would be nice to have in this thread.

They no longer offered my plan every other year or so...they did always offer a higher priced one though.

Every year is subject to change

4 minutes ago, twa said:

They no longer offered my plan every other year or so...they did always offer a higher priced one though.

Every year is subject to change

Were you going through the market?  We have a super old plan that they don't offer anymore but they aren't allowed to get rid of. We fall in that "you can keep your plan if you like it" spot.

Just now, daveakl said:

Were you going through the market?  We have a super old plan that they don't offer anymore but they aren't allowed to get rid of. We fall in that "you can keep your plan if you like it" spot.

Yes thru the market since they no longer offered my plan when ACA started(Had UHG before, then BCBS from the market)

switched to a local group this year when the BCBS rate for a new plan spiked higher than I thought practical ($1900 a month for me and the wife for a silver plan)

17 hours ago, twa said:

Yes thru the market since they no longer offered my plan when ACA started(Had UHG before, then BCBS from the market)

switched to a local group this year when the BCBS rate for a new plan spiked higher than I thought practical ($1900 a month for me and the wife for a silver plan)

What was your deductible like?

Ours is 5k max per individual, 15k for the family.  $50 copay.  Vision is in our plan but not dental.

So we could end up at $34,392k in 2018 in medical expenses.  Pretty great change with 4 kids we his that #.

Trump is basically now just doing the dirty work for Congress.  Congress can claim they didn't support these efforts or just not go on record period about it while Trump just takes a cleaver to the ACA one aspect at a time until it is sabotaged.

This is the classic example of "Gov't doesn't work....elect us and we'll prove it to you" in which they take an imperfect program and instead of putting in the work to make it work, they sabotage and then run to the camera to complain about how it doesn't work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Yeah right, he'll just say obamacare is a failure blah blah blah and they will eat it up.

I'm not so sure. Once it starts to impact their health care and their wallet, it won't be so easy to blame Obamacare.