Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things North Korea Thread

@DCGoldPants

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Is anyone asking the question "What will the summit accomplish?"

I think there are three broad possibilities

1) Nothing 

2) Kim regime is serious about leaving behind their nuclear arsenal and trying to model itself after a "Benevolent Dictator" model, a la Xi and Putin, and will agree to intrusive international monitoring of nuclear disarmament.

3) Kim is disingenuous about disarmament and wants lax monitoring, but Trump agrees in order to secure a political victory to sell to voters.

I think Trump will try to get total denuclearization from Un.

Un may promise it, but he won't follow through on it. (And i think believing so would be a complete mistake.)

I think Un will try to get us off the peninsula and out of SK.

And i think Trump might.

I hope like hell as a human being that this actually reaches some sort of actual peace, or actual agreements that will bring peace or security.

But i highly doubt it. I give it about a .02% chance that anything like that happens.

I give it about a 99.8% chance that Un is trying to play a fast one.

~Bang

Another question-

Why do the people who claimed for years that we couldnt believe anything from NK now say we can.  And why do those that for years applauded the worthless promises made, now claim we cant believe them?

I never have, and still dont.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

Another question-

Why do the people who claimed for years that we couldnt believe anything from NK now say we can.  And why do those that for years applauded the worthless promises made, now claim we cant believe them?

I never have, and still dont.

Because people are partisan dumbasses

This entire thing has the opportunity to be a blunder for the ages... i cringe at everything thaat can go wrong here

Just now, zoony said:

Because people are partisan dumbasses

This entire thing has the opportunity to be a blunder for the ages... i cringe at everything thaat can go wrong here

Exactly.  I cannot think of a single good thing that can come of this.  None.  I didnt agree with W, Clinton or Obama trying to make deals with NK either.  

It’s somewhat curious that 2 of these guys are Chinese nationals that have literally been chilling in NK for like 8 months.  I wonder if they’re all emaciated and tapeworm-ridden after their time in the labor camps?

Anyway, put me down as someone that does not and will not believe a single word coming out of NK.

• Like 1

Nor should you believe them. But force isn't the only way to work towards liberating the downtrodden people of NK. Not that I believe the President cares, but those who do may be able to leverage these openings to do their work.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:26 AM, BenningRoadSkin said:

The "summit" is for aesthetics.

North Korea and South Korea have done the real work and got the real agreement.

Also

That's why I will forever love Obama.... Did need his ego constantly stroked like little **** Trumpy does..... That cabinet meeting was with Trump and his cabinet in was disgusting...... Our dear leader undertones in that saga

Edited by killerbee99

One of the big issues I see is that we have no idea how many nukes they have. I think I recall estimates between 10-60. That’s a huge range. So Kim says “I’ll give up all my nukes in exchange for economic assistance and removal of 90% of the troops from SK,” but how do we know whether the ten nukes they give up are 100% of their arsenal or 10%?