Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Who is Otto playing that can do that to him though? Himself? lol

Exactly.  Whiteside, for all his baggage, thoroughly trashes dudes like Gortat/Mahinmi on a nightly basis.

Porter doesn’t even appear to be in the arena 75% of the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If that means bringing in a top 5 paint defender whose a bit of a head case, so be it.

He isnt that good.

He tall, but he really isnt as good as people think or thought. Thats why he doesnt play.

That and he gives no effort. And his contract is terrible.

If we moving Otto, we have to do better than Hasan Whiteside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He isnt that good.

He tall, but he really isnt as good as people think or thought. Thats why he doesnt play.

That and he gives no effort. And his contract is terrible.

If we moving Otto, we have to do better than Hasan Whiteside.

The only teams that are going to bring on Otto for 3 yr/80M are teams that are looking to tank.  No contender is going to entertain it under any circumstances.

Miami is a perfect spot for him.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The only teams that are going to bring on Otto for 3 yr/80M are teams that are looking to tank.  No contender is going to entertain it under any circumstances.

I disagree completely.

First, Otto is a system player. Any team that gives him structure and a system, he will thrive. You could see Otto play like playoff Joe Ingles offensively and defensively. Ingles has a role and does it well. What does Brooks ask of Otto? 

The other thing about Whiteside is that he cant play against smaller teams.

Aim higher.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I disagree completely.

First, Otto is a system player. Any team that gives him structure and a system, he will thrive. You could see Otto play like playoff Joe Ingles offensively and defensively. Ingles has a role and does it well. What does Brooks ask of Otto? 

The other thing about Whiteside is that he cant play against smaller teams.

Aim higher.

Ingles has handles, musculature and grit.  Otto has none of this.

Aim higher.

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Ingles has handles, musculature and grit.  Otto has none of this.

Aim higher.

I am aiming higher, Otto is more talented than Ingles.

But Ingles looks better because he has a role and his coaches harped it to him an developed him.

Brooks just rolls out the basketballs and says go play.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If they are going to tank, why would they trade Whiteside (unless you are throwing something else of value in for a tanking team (a draft pick))?

If you even take the attitude that Otto and Whiteside are equal players, then the Whiteside contract (with only 2 years left on it) is the better contract.  If you are tanking, you don't trade a bad contract for a worse contract without getting something of future value back.

Plus you were talking about them throwing in Winslow who appears to be an okay NBA player and is on a good contract and Olynyk who is a useful NBA player.

If the Heat are going to tank, that trade becomes, I'll send you Olynyk and Johnson for Porter and a #1 pick.  I'm giving you 2 useful NBA players on what at least for now are on reasonable contracts and taking your bad contract back and picking up a #1 pick for doing it.

(Then I trade Dragic, Winslow, and Richardson for even more picks and live with the Whiteside contract for 2 years because I can have a bad contract for 2 years while I tank.)

Coming off this playoff series (unless something happens in the next two games (if there are 2 more)) trading Porter, unless you are throwing something of value, is going to be hard to do.

Edited by PeterMP

Like how our entire core has pre-built excuses now for when things don't go according to plan in the playoffs now.  How much you want to bet the whole nagging injury or stamina crap will come up this time next year as well? 

Our Training Staff is pathetic as is our lack of emphasis on thing like conditioning.  I want to give Beal the benefit of the doubt because he played nearly 3000 minutes and saved our season, but he used the stamina excuse last year with less minutes played. 

Its just all getting old, tired of the excuses.  Shut up and win.

6 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The first Allstar that has ever been said to be interested in joining the Wizards, and we aren't sure. Lol. Please. He would be the second best on this team even with no Achilles 

That sounds witty, but Destino is right, we need to do our homework on this one, because that kinda weight with one Achilles, the physical has to include at least checking the other one.  I almost feel safer drafting a center, and we basically throw darts in the dark in that one it seems.  If we’re wrong on this we are next level screwed, maybe Wall years wasted screwed