Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

This has it stated correctly in the end. Im not looking ahead, but IF we get to play Cavs - Wall is going to have to take it from James. Like fight for two weeks tooth and nail, get lucky and drag the rest of the squad with him dead or alive. 

I hope we get the chance to see it happen. 

Yeah, LeBron isn't going down easy.  Not unless he gets injured, and he never gets injured.

I don't think we're there yet.  Never even been to a conference final, so we'll be in uncharted waters physically and mentally.  I think we can push the Cavs to the brink, but LeBron is still LeBron and he's going to find a way even though, truth be told, the team around John is probably better than the one around LeBron.

But I do think we've got next after LeBron finally gets old and has to give up the torch.

• Like 1

I agree.  This is not our year.  Team will need another star to knock off Lebron and have any hope of hanging with golden state.  

But as a fan its it's not all about championships.  Having a consistently good team that can win playoff series is fun.  I'm enjoying every minute of it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

I agree.  This is not our year.  Team will need another star to knock off Lebron and have any hope of hanging with golden state.  

But as a fan its it's not all about championships.  Having a consistently good team that can win playoff series is fun.  I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Depends on the team. For the Caps its championship or bust. For the Wiz I'd be happy with a conference finals birth and a tough hard fought series vs. the Cavs.

For the Redskins I'm just happy if we don't throw up all over ourselves.

• Like 1

Something important to me is winning more games against the Cavs than their other eastern playoff opponents do. Part of me felt good about being competitive against the Pacers and Hawks in our 2 recent 2nd-round series, but it felt hollow because the Hawks took the Pacers to 7 games while we only took them to 6, and the Nets took the Hawks to the same 6 games that we took them to.

Indy looks like they'll be swept. If MIL/TOR loses to them in 5 or less, then it's important to me that we take Cleveland to 6 or more. Anything less and people can say that we were just another clearly inferior eastern opponent.

Edited by TheItalianStallion

I know y'all are being realistic, but if my team has the confidence that they can beat Cleveland, I will back them. Even though the DC in me is always nervous, they're showing me a lot and I'm riding the wave.

That's why tomorrow is important to me. If that fire is still there from the first two games, we're going to feed off of the boos in Atlanta and get a W.

I would very much like the Wizards to crush the soul of the Hawks today. Enjoying a weekend with my aging grandparents (90 & 83) and it's depressing enough to think my daughter will never experience them being younger and vibrant and not needing 2 naps a day. Sports is a nice escape from real life. I will have to give a eulogy for the greatest man I have ever known in the next couple years, so please distract me...

• Like 2

Today will be tough. The league doesn't like sweeps so expect the Hawks to get every call imaginable and then some. If I'm Brooks I instruct my team to not look at or say anything to the refs, go into the game expecting to not get a single call in your favor and anything you do get is a bonus.

You know they'll come out with everything they have. They lose this one its GG. Keep the game close early, sustain their early pressure, and we can take over in the 2nd half.

• Like 1