Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

9 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Is a Paul George trade even feasible?  Dude is probably looking at real estate around the US right now.  Outside of Turner, they got him playing w/ a bunch of bums. 

Yes has to want to come here by now. If he had our team last night - even just Wall - that was a blow out win. Not the worst comeback loss in playoff history (or some such) 

29 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yes has to want to come here by now. If he had our team last night - even just Wall - that was a blow out win. Not the worst comeback loss in playoff history (or some such) 

Porter + _______ + draft picks? 

Not sure who else would go....

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

Porter + _______ + draft picks? 

Not sure who else would go....

Dude I have so many ideas but with zero knowledge of how the cap works I dont know if they are possible. 

Like I would move porter and dangle Bog Daddy as a sign and trade as well. I would consider moving Gortat too (even though hes playing so well) if we could find a way to snag a young guy at the spot. 

Can't trade Bo... He's a FA this year too. I never heard of TWO player sign and trade.

Otto and a first should be enough if we were to go that route. 

And I would like to discuss this further, but we're playing Game 3 of the first round of the playoffs. Let's resume this in June ?

Edited by MLSKINS
  • Like 1

Depends on when you want to make the trade.  If you want to make it this summer, then you have to sign Porter first and Indy has to include contract ballast.  If you wait until Paul George hits free agency the next summer, then you create cap space by trading Porter for a set of low cost assets (draft picks) and then just sign George outright.

Indy isn't going to give up on keeping Paul George yet.  They've got one more summer and trade deadline to try and convince him to stay.  He won't be moved before February of next year.  I think he probably hits free agency.

Actually, if we can sign Otto to a 5 for $100 million deal, we could trade him straight up for George.  Otto + our first.  I'd keep that offer in my back pocket if I was Indy and pull the trigger at the trade deadline if nothing better came along.  Myles Turner + Otto Porter is a solid foundation in young talent.  And if I get a good young guard in the draft, then there you go.

• Like 1

George is going to LA. If we don't plan on resigning Otto, then sure, try to make the trade happen. I'm not too keen on trading for Paul and trying to convince him to stay when all the rumors are he wants to go to LA. We'd have a one year window to win the championship.

10 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

George is going to LA. If we don't plan on resigning Otto, then sure, try to make the trade happen. I'm not too keen on trading for Paul and trying to convince him to stay when all the rumors are he wants to go to LA. We'd have a one year window to win the championship.

Everyone always is rumored to want to play in LA.... the media desperately wishes it were so.

• Like 1

What's appealing about LA for Paul George?  He's from California and that's it.  That Lakers team is trash.  West Coast Knicks.  He goes there, he's probably going to be in the same spot he is in Indy.  Not to mention he'll NEVER make it to the WCF.  Smart money would be to go somewhere that there is an elite PG, up-and coming SG, and a quality head coach. 

• Like 1

He'd be in a worse spot than he is in Indy.  The Lakers suck.  They're not going to hook a whale until they get good again.  All Star free agents coming up on their first unrestricted free agency aren't going to waste the rest of their prime years trying to lead a kindergarten class to the eight seed.

If Paul George was a free agent today, and we had the cap space to sign him, he would be on the first plane to DC.  If we traded for him I'd have zero fear of being able to sign him to an extension.

• Like 1

I don't think he's going to get traded though.  I think he hits free agency.  The issue is Indy is not going to get fair value in return so they're going to try their hardest to put a team around him and convince him to stay in the summer of 2018.  Boston won't want to give up much if they're not sure they can extend him.

Must read

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-john-wall-washington-wizards-8e99432bf3c5

These Playoffs Belong to John Wall

After years of being overlooked in favor of his contemporaries, the Wizards franchise player is in the midst of a postseason breakout. With the way the East has shaken out, Washington’s path to the conference finals is clear. Should he reach that point, there’s no telling how high his star could rise.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Jeez, Celts still have that Shamrock stuck up their ass...

Rondo broken thumb, out indefinitely. 

Not it that it makes a ton of difference, as I don't believe the Wiz players fear anyone in the East right now.

Let that series go long. We'll take care of the Hawks quick and rest up and be fresh for round 2.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

This has it stated correctly in the end. Im not looking ahead, but IF we get to play Cavs - Wall is going to have to take it from James. Like fight for two weeks tooth and nail, get lucky and drag the rest of the squad with him dead or alive. 

I hope we get the chance to see it happen. 

• Like 3

ATL wants to go small for whatever reason and completely misuse the only real advantage they have over the Wiz, so honestly I may not play Ian all series unless they try and change it up or it gets scary close. 

I still dont understand why they clearly believe that the small ball approach is going to work for them. I would not be doing that. But I guess thats why im not a coach in the NBA (yet). 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

That's why I was so confused with Milsap's quote...

You go small and the Wizards can play:

Wall/Beal/Oubre/Porter/Morris

Not only is this arguably our best defensive lineup, but you're surrounding Wall with 4 shooters and crazy athleticism. I just don't get it either.

Exactly. But ill take it. Especially if we are going to keep collecting fouls like we are. 

Also, the hilarity in thinking you are a good small ball team but you shoot something like 35% from 3 as a team 

• Like 1