Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

And the Brazilian fan with all the trophies in the trunk has "Trophies displayed for demonstration purposes only. Always ensure cargo is properly secured. See owner's manual for details."

I think the advertising folks are trolling.

Ugh missed a full day of World Cup, but it was for a good cause. My son was at the University of Cincinnati working out at their soccer ID camp today. He had a good work out, went clean sheets through his scrimmages and hit a 65 yard volley that hit his striker in stride. He got to play at UC’s Nippert stadium which he thought was pretty damn cool. These D1 schools have a way with flashing the facilities!

42944022992_ae5038ec87_b.jpg

Start volley....

41183401900_ffbb1fc2d9_b.jpg

Landing....

41183401780_20bf2e18e6_b.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

ASF, that's so cool!. 

Do you know Kieron Boyle by any chance? He's with KY ODP—I think that's where you are. 

I’m not familiar with him, unfortunately Kentucky OPD is not nearly the program it was supposed to be or is in other states. It has a reputation of not being representative of the best players in the state, as such participation has fallen off considerably, add in the costs and it gets prohibitive quickly, especially when the top players are already shelling out $$$ for team fees and travel on their clubs. Last year one of the boys Kentucky OPD teams travelled to Europe to practice and play and from my understanding got stood up by their schedule opponents. 

We wanted to take part in Kentucky ODP but even the college coaches around aren’t in favor. It’s pretty sad really.

5 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I’m not familiar with him, unfortunately Kentucky OPD is not nearly the program it was supposed to be or is in other states. It has a reputation of not being representative of the best players in the state, as such participation has fallen off considerably, add in the costs and it gets prohibitive quickly, especially when the top players are already shelling out $$$ for team fees and travel on their clubs. Last year one of the boys Kentucky OPD teams travelled to Europe to practice and play and from my understanding got stood up by their schedule opponents. 

We wanted to take part in Kentucky ODP but even the college coaches around aren’t in favor. It’s pretty sad really.

Gotcha. No worries. Met him this weekend, their squad was up in my neck of the woods. 

We play some teams from KY in our regional league and were scouting some of the older teams. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Nice, what age groups do you scout? Male or female?

this was a boys ODP weekend. I'm on the girl's side now because my daughters are coming up. Some of our boys staff were away at Regionals so I had to fill in. This was for 14-16 age groups. 

Edited by Elessar78

If this is given as a penalty to Saudi Arabia, then VAR has failed miserably.

Ridiculous. Clear dive given as penalty, then ref tries to save face by giving Egyptian defender a yellow after consulting VAR. 

Edited by Long n Left

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Enjoy that, Russia.

twa sad that Russia lost

46 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I can't see Spain or Portugal losing today.

Spain's prob. gonna lose now. My colleague from Spain just asked me who they were playing, when I said "Morocco" she said "It's a done deal."

I have to say, Portugal is a very unlikable group.  I actually enjoy watching the Iranians play, they kind of remind me of the US before we started improving...just kicking the ball a long way and hoping something happens.  It's certainly more exciting that the usual.