Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Just got back from Incredibles 2...what I miss, what I miss? Whoa, Argentina loses 3-0 to Croatia! Are the knocked out now?

Not yet, if they win against Nigeria and get some help with the Croatia/Iceland match then they can back into the Group of 16.

However, at this point a result agaisnt Nigeria must be suspect.

• Like 1

All jokes aside, the teams Maradona was a part of in 86/90 (had a brilliant team in 94 with as much talent as anyone in that tournament) had all the skill and flair you'd expect from an Argentinian team, but also had the grit, edge and team spirit you'd expect from say Uruguay or a mid-level South American side. Now you have a bunch of primmadonas with 5 pounds of gel on their head. I actually feel for Messi he deserves better. 

Nice save by Navas against Naymar.

Brazil getting the edge now in shots on frame. Navas may well be the reason Costa Rica stays in this because Brazil seems to have taken over. About 5 shots on goal in the last few minutes.

Oh in a related note, looks like Neymar cut the ramen noodles off his head.

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Actually a bit surprised this one got to the half scoreless. Brazil had PLENTY of opportunities, and Costa Rica had their own too.

Neymar is falling all o er the place trying to get sympathy fouls but the ref is having none of it. Kudos sir.

Idk, I kind of feel like Costa Rica is employing the same strategy as Switzerland, excessive fouling. They had 7 in the first 20 minutes. Officials need to pull a card and slow it down a bit. Of course, I'm a bit bias

Edited by ddub52

5 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

Idk, I kind of feel like Costa Rica is employing the same strategy as Switzerland, excessive fouling. They had 7 in the first 20 minutes. Officials need to pull a card and slow it down a bit. Of course, I'm a bit bias

Nah, Neymar is holding the ball too much which is drawing the fouls. Absolutely the pull down was a foul but much of that contact is clean. When he has the ball at his feet as much as he does he’s going to get contact. They aren’t going to go light on him because he’s a star. So far I’m with the ref on this one.

But then I had Argentina going deep....

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Nah, Neymar is holding the ball too much which is drawing the fouls. Absolutely the pull down was a foul but much of that contact is clean. When he has the ball at his feet as much as he does he’s going to get contact. They aren’t going to go light on him because he’s a star. So far I’m with the ref on this one.

But then I had Argentina going deep....

The announcer even said "he's a marked man". I would agree that he goes down easy looking for the foul, but that doesn't mean he's never getting fouled. But like I said, I am bias. 

1 minute ago, ddub52 said:

The announcer even said "he's a marked man". I would agree that he goes down easy looking for the foul, but that doesn't mean he's never getting fouled. But like I said, I am bias. 

Oh he’s marked, we’ve done it before too. Intentionally playing a particular player more physically.

OMGIJEZUS that shot was close!!! 

Brazil’s defensive pace looks better than Costa Rica. CR’a offense have to get the ball off the foot faster.

5 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Oh he’s marked, we’ve done it before too. Intentionally playing a particular player more physically.

OMGIJEZUS that shot was close!!! 

Brazil’s defensive pace looks better than Costa Rica. CR’a offense have to get the ball off the foot faster.

Shots on goal for Brasil- 83

Goals- 0 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

One of these HASTA GO IN

Hard to disagree, but I love a keeper on his game! He’s just not getting the support up front. Offense is sloppy, giving the ball away cheaply, not warning with a man-on, sloppy contact. Navas is the ONLY reason this game isn’t 3-0

Nice opportunity there for CR.