Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Jabril Peppers caught with diluted urine.

second first round prospect in a week's time to have this issue.

Sometimes I ponder a world of professional sports where steroids were legal. I think most players do take steroids but the rate at which they cycle stays safer because of the taboo nature of doing so. 

Would legalizing steroids increase head injury, injury in general? Recovery time. I don't know. Somewhat curious thought.

I guess looking at bodybuilding one could say that steroids have completely ****ized the sport. Because even though Arnold was a juicer there will still limitations and an art to what they did. I think a legal steroid era would push a sport like football to be an ugly thing in the future 

46 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

Jabril Peppers caught with diluted urine.

second first round prospect in a week's time to have this issue.

Sometimes I ponder a world of professional sports where steroids were legal. I think most players do take steroids but the rate at which they cycle stays safer because of the taboo nature of doing so. 

Would legalizing steroids increase head injury, injury in general? Recovery time. I don't know. Somewhat curious thought.

I guess looking at bodybuilding one could say that steroids have completely ****ized the sport. Because even though Arnold was a juicer there will still limitations and an art to what they did. I think a legal steroid era would push a sport like football to be an ugly thing in the future 

I wouldnt have a problem with something like controlled hgh, to help with recovery.

I'd institute a weight limit though. These are just absurdly large human nowadays and I think a lot if these crazy injuries factor into it, along with wear and tear from impact from a 330 lb DT.

Looking at football in the 80s, all those guys look like children by comparison. Combine that with updated rules and sports science, and i think it could help tremendously

5 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

SPAM gets a bum rap just 'cause it's mechanically made... lots of other cultures have sausage and offal on the menu. 

if you have ever had spam with onions, shrooms and sliced potatoes, fried up in in a mountain of butter with some salt and pepper over an open fire when you are camping... 

frankly, it is pretty damned good

1 minute ago, mcsluggo said:

if you have ever had spam with onions, shrooms and sliced potatoes, fried up in in a mountain of butter with some salt and pepper over an open fire when you are camping... 

Or on a George Foreman grill.:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

Throw some honey mustard on that joint and now you're talkin

8 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

why not go all in ...?

Tarter sauce?

Nutella and peanut butter swirl dressing?

Melted peep dressing?

Satan?

9 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

To be honest, I was hoping for a zoony "totally losin' it" or Predicto "you classless people"...

edit, add::ols:

I'll only go that far if someone does something like put ketchup on a steak [shivers]

3 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

No doubt.

Plus, it attracts tornadoes. Anytime, anywhere there is major tornado damage, you can bet someone in the mobile home was cooking Spam or Mac and cheese.

Don't hate on Southern Italy.  (macaroni, Italian...cheese all over something, Southern).:rofl89:

I really want @youngchew's wife's recipe...hint, hint...

1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

Testosterone lady and Phil Heath picture*

what is your point....?

Well it is the "random" thought thread. Kinda was just throwing out a hypothetical situation where the league legalized steroids.

Pros

-Bigger, faster, stronger

-Increased stamina and recovery rate (18 week season?Extended playoffs?)

cons

-Long term health issues (heart, cancer, stunted testosterone levels after retirement ....etc)

-Increased risk of brain injuries (dudes running 4.4 who can rep 225 30 times crashing into each-other)

-Would destroy competitive edge for healthy or natural athlete.

So no. I hate the idea honestly. Ive heard it talked about (mostly from comedians and bodybuilders) that steroids should be legal for pro sports.

It would ruin football, mma and baseball.

Now what was your point with the pictures?

Archived