Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSsports: Jets to explore Revis trade

GboroGator

We dont have the cap room for him

And no the jets wont give him up for kirk cousins

We will if we backload the contract, restructure Moss and Hall, then release Josh Wilson and Jamal Brown.

Cap penalty is over next season, then we're rich again because of all the bad contracts we got rid of (hell we did such a good job we got penalized for it, lol). Let's please not forget this...

We will if we backload the contract, restructure Moss and Hall, then release Josh Wilson and Jamal Brown.

Cap penalty is over next season, then we're rich again because of all the bad contracts we got rid of (hell we did such a good job we got penalized for it, lol). Let's please not forget this...

We don't even need to backload it, just make a low first year and high second.

Wow. Theoretically, we could go from Hall, Wilson, and Ced Griffin to Revis, Talib and Hall in one offseason. Instant strength. Might be willing to swap our 2nd and 3rd if we can manage that.

I doubt the skins get him, not for lack of trying, I just think this is a ploy by Jets management to get Revis to lower his asking price, and even if he does get traded, I think other teams have much more to offer than the skins do in the way of a trade.

Does St Louis need a shut down corner? They could trade the 1st round pick they got from the skins, & maybe even get a pick back from the Jets along with Revis. It will probably take a 2nd & a 4th/maybe a 3rd rounder to get Revis, something I think other teams could offer at higher slots than 20-23 slot the skins get through the rounds.

I doubt the skins get him, not for lack of trying, I just think this is a ploy by Jets management to get Revis to lower his asking price, and even if he does get traded, I think other teams have much more to offer than the skins do in the way of a trade.

Does St Louis need a shut down corner? They could trade the 1st round pick they got from the skins, & maybe even get a pick back from the Jets along with Revis. It will probably take a 2nd & a 4th/maybe a 3rd rounder to get Revis, something I think other teams could offer at higher slots than 20-23 slot the skins get through the rounds.

Finnegan and Revis would make a nasty combo.

We don't have anywhere near what the Jets would want for him to make this happen. We don't have the depth to trade players, and we don't have a first the next two years.

Any combination of 2nd and 3rd round picks would simply cripple our ability to build through the draft, leading us back to my first reason that we can't do this.

We don't have anywhere near what the Jets would want for him to make this happen. We don't have the depth to trade players, and we don't have a first the next two years.

Any combination of 2nd and 3rd round picks would simply cripple our ability to build through the draft, leading us back to my first reason that we can't do this.

Good assessment. I'd love to have him, lord knows we need help in the secondary, but it's just not feasible - even if they could make it happen, I'd be worried about the long-term effects on the rebuilding program.

Many are absolutely set on using our 2nd round pick on a corner/safety. Spending on the still-young, unquestioned best CB in the NFL wouldn't be achieving the same purpose, but better? Come on. We aren't the type of rebuilding team that won't be good until he's 30. It wouldn't be a waste.

It probably won't happen, but it would be perfect.

If I'm the Jets I wouldn't accept anything less than a 1st and a 3rd. If they accept a 2nd and another pick from us, then that's robbery. The best cover-corner in the league, and it's not close.

We all saw what happened when the former best cover corner, nnamdi, moved teams. Revis is also coming off an injury, which lowers his value. Because qb's are worth their weight in gold, cousins and a 2nd rounder might be sufficient for them, if they like cousins. I don't want to get rid of cousins, but if our defense had a guy who shuts out the best opposing wr, suddenly our fs looks a lot better when he doesn't even have to look at revis's receiver.

Although I don't think corner is our biggest need on defense, I think he represents a huge upgrade. The jets have always been awful at rushing the passer and yet revis is a beast, our crew can actually get after the passer when everyone is healthy. Because pass rush and coverage are intertwined, and because I like hall in the slot a lot more than I like him outside, I think the cumulative upgrade to our defense would be massive. It likely makes us a top 10, maybe even top 5 unit.

Biggest hindrance, of course, will be cap room. We already have to clear a lot of space, and we can only backload a contract so heavily.

Not a chance of us being a player in any market for Revis. As others have said the Jets would want at least one first round pick plus something and we dont have a first round pick for 2013 or 2014. Then there is the contract Revis would want which while we could probably move somethings around to do wold make it very difficult to address other needs.

This type of splash signing would be a Dan/Vinny move - it does not strike me as a Mike/Bruce move.

There is absolutely no chance we get Revis. First of all, we can't really afford him to start off. Second, we don't have the ammunition to pull this off because about every other team in the NFL could offer more than we could.

I don't think we would make this move regardless.

He makes too much money for the Skins to go after him. I really wish that wasn't the case, but it's the sad truth

---------- Post added January-24th-2013 at 05:46 AM ----------

Revis is overrated, IMO. Randy Moss at 34 showed him how good of a cover corner he is without safety help over the top.

Come on man lol. That Jets defense went to 2 AFC championships on his back. He's baffled a lot of great receivers. I think his issue is coming back from that ACL. Real tough for a corner

Archived