Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Richard Sherman has been cleared of failed drug test

AsiaticSkinsFan

Soooo how was this pulled off when everyone else fails? Seriously, what are the facts that pertain to this case? Do we have any way of know why this case was "swayed"? I'm sorry but this sounds like pure bull**** to me. What a crock Mr Goodell has turned many things into. He, and the league, has become so very inept and inconsistent. They fail Black (Skins OL) for a prescription he has taken for a decade, that they were informed of, that he has been allowed to use for his entire career, and suddenly he is "failed". THEN Sherman is overturned??????????? ****ing ridiculous. :helmet: HTTR

link

The important part:

Sherman's appeal was based on errors in the chain of custody of his sample and that there were mistakes made by the tester. He's been outspoken in believing the NFL is not following proper procedures as laid out in the collective bargaining agreement.

When Sherman was talking about this during the postgame Sunday, I noticed he never said he didn't do it. The same goes for the appeal. Well, good for him, sucks for us if we play them.

So Sherman provides a blue print on how to beat a test. Squeeze bottle till it cracks, pis in it, hand it to tester. Sample has been compromised if the tester does anything but stand there until sample is all on floor. Selected individual has fulfilled his obligation under the CBA nd can't be retested until his name randomly comes up again. Bull****. All the tester did was place his sample in another cup. In order to do so, the seal was broken. Sherman didn't participate in breaking seal. Therefore sample was "tainted". Yet Jordan Black used a prescribed medication and as to serve his suspension.

So Sherman provides a blue print on how to beat a test. Squeeze bottle till it cracks, pis in it, hand it to tester. Sample has been compromised if the tester does anything but stand there until sample is all on floor. Selected individual has fulfilled his obligation under the CBA nd can't be retested until his name randomly comes up again. Bull****. All the tester did was place his sample in another cup. In order to do so, the seal was broken. Sherman didn't participate in breaking seal. Therefore sample was "tainted". Yet Jordan Black used a prescribed medication and as to serve his suspension.

When I did this in the Army, if there was a problem with the cup, you just put it in another cup, noted it on the form and that was that. There was always a retest for a positive sample anyway. And for the record, you can't gind up crack and put it in a urine sample because that would show up at like ten thousand times what you find in a sample so everyone would know it was faked. This is BS of the higest order. I know I'm not the only one who questions this with the possibility of the Seahawks playing us in a couple weeks. Yet Jordan Black had a prescription and is suspended....

This bothers me. This is the same as Ryan Braun getting off in baseball. They were found to have the PEDs in their system, but get off because of a technicality. Then they stand up there and boast and talk about how justice has been served. The cheaters are always ahead of the testers and as others have pointed out, they have another way now to beat the system.

This bothers me. This is the same as Ryan Braun getting off in baseball. They were found to have the PEDs in their system, but get off because of a technicality. Then they stand up there and boast and talk about how justice has been served. The cheaters are always ahead of the testers and as others have pointed out, they have another way now to beat the system.

you realize a person could get off on a technicality for murder, even if fingerprints, eyewitness accounts, video recording, etc places them at the scene?

Thats called agreed upon procedure, the NFL has to follow that just like law enforcement does.

When I did this in the Army, if there was a problem with the cup, you just put it in another cup, noted it on the form and that was that. There was always a retest for a positive sample anyway. And for the record, you can't gind up crack and put it in a urine sample because that would show up at like ten thousand times what you find in a sample so everyone would know it was faked. This is BS of the higest order. I know I'm not the only one who questions this with the possibility of the Seahawks playing us in a couple weeks. Yet Jordan Black had a prescription and is suspended....
Trust me, I both observed and donated a thousand ties in 8 years. But the CBA places the burden on the testers. This was not him being found to be PED free. If I was the NFL, I would notify him tomorrow of another test. Then test him every week.

---------- Post added December-27th-2012 at 07:07 PM ----------

you realize a person could get off on a technicality for murder, even if fingerprints, eyewitness accounts, video recording, etc places them at the scene?

Thats called agreed upon procedure, the NFL has to follow that just like law enforcement does.

Dude, Sherman cracked the cup. Dudes in the military would do this on the regular. Sherman took Adderall and knew he would pop hot. He created the controversy.

Archived