Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Richard Sherman has been cleared of failed drug test

AsiaticSkinsFan

Not sure, Jumbo. That guy doesn't look Jewish OR Reptilian. Pretty hard to believe he's the one behind the Triluminabergers.

Might be a little before your time, Mr. Nibbs. :)

That's Patrick McGoohan, from the groundbreaking and iconic 6o's series The Prisoner. His world was one of great conspiracy indeed. :)

(before that he was in the series Secret Agent <or Danger Man in the UK> of the famed Johnny Rivers theme song)

Might be a little before your time, Mr. Nibbs. :)

(before that he was in the series Secret Agent <or Danger Man in the UK> of the famed Johnny Rivers theme song)

I figured it was that, I never saw too much of the show but I had parents who did and I saw some re-runs at some point. The big bubbles bouncing around everywhere, right?

I just wanted to make an off-color conspiracy joke and make a fun new name for the organization behind our glorious new world order...*kicks rock while pouting*

Soo when this happens to our guys like Jordan Black it's an outrage but for anyone else it was Mara?? Hmmmmm Homer Alert!!!!

I bet Ryan Braun is somewhere right now clapping like that Joker gif you see everywhere though!

Do you know of another player who was cleared? Don't look, just name ONE off the top of your head. You can't. Inconsistent and arbitrary enforcement. Jordan was on a prescription he has used his entire career and the NFL knew. He had been passed for this known substance his entire career. Suddenly he is failed after 10 years. You can't even make this stuff up. Ridiculous.

I figured it was that, I never saw too much of the show but I had parents who did and I saw some re-runs at some point. The big bubbles bouncing around everywhere, right?

I just wanted to make an off-color conspiracy joke and make a fun new name for the organization behind our glorious new world order...*kicks rock while pouting*

It was the bubbly one. And I feel terrible (not about the parents <my age> thing), but about not acknowledging your excellent effort on the name.

Netflix/VuDu (or whatever you kids do these days :pfft:) the series sometime if they have it. It would appeal to a man of your intelligence and style. ;)

P.S. while awesome either way, I recommend watching it sans mushrooms.

is there a story saying Sherman cracked the cup?
Let's do the math. When you show up to drug test, the tester and the administrator inspect the specimen jar. They both initial the serial number, verify the seal hasn't been broken, and visually inspect the jar to ensure they jar is good to go. You don't miss a crack big enough to leak piss during that process. The only feasible explanation is that the testee broke the specimen jar after taking possession. Why, you ask? Because he knows all he has to is fill the cup and then turn it over. No retesting. Challenge "chain of custody" based entirely on Ryan Brauns successful appeal.

Let's do the math. When you show up to drug test, the tester and the administrator inspect the specimen jar. They both initial the serial number, verify the seal hasn't been broken, and visually inspect the jar to ensure they jar is good to go. You don't miss a crack big enough to leak piss during that process. The only feasible explanation is that the testee broke the specimen jar after taking possession. Why, you ask? Because he knows all he has to is fill the cup and then turn it over. No retesting. Challenge "chain of custody" based entirely on Ryan Brauns successful appeal.

fair enough

The reason he got off is because the tester then put the cracked cup in another cup that was already open with the seal broken. This could (key word) have contaminated the piss and caused the test. The tester should've used a fresh cup and then none of this would've happened IMO. Personally, I think he did it and got off on a technicality, the best part is the NFL due to the CBA cannot comment on this.

The reason he got off is because the tester then put the cracked cup in another cup that was already open with the seal broken. This could (key word) have contaminated the piss and caused the test. The tester should've used a fresh cup and then none of this would've happened IMO. Personally, I think he did it and got off on a technicality, the best part is the NFL due to the CBA cannot comment on this.

There is no way doing that would have contaminated the sample.

If he is guilty and got off, his image is just as tainted as his urine.

And if he's not guilty, his image is tainted - THAT is the problem.

I don't know whether or not Richard Sherman ingested a banned substance of any kind.

Here's what I do know...

- there was a positive test result and he was suspended for 4-games

- he appealed the suspension based upon faulty test collection/results

- his appeal was upheld and he was not suspended

- the public should never have known about the process UNLESS and UNTIL his suspension was upheld after any appeal process

- his reputation will forever be tarnished ~ whether or not he actually ingested a banned substance

Here's what I hope happens going forward...

- the NFL / drug testing firms tighten things up with regard to process and procedure (pretty embarrassing, if true, that there were SIX previous errors)

- the NFL / media figure out how to keep results non-public UNLESS and UNTIL such time suspensions are deemed valid

Glad the Hawks don't have to do without Sherman (although, they seemed to have picked up the slack for Browner, so far)

===

btw ~ it will be fun to see RGIII vs RWI in the first round, if that's what it comes down to.

Good luck vs. the Cowboys!

And if he's not guilty, his image is tainted - THAT is the problem.

I don't know whether or not Richard Sherman ingested a banned substance of any kind.

Here's what I do know...

- there was a positive test result and he was suspended for 4-games

- he appealed the suspension based upon faulty test collection/results

- his appeal was upheld and he was not suspended

- the public should never have known about the process UNLESS and UNTIL his suspension was upheld after any appeal process

- his reputation will forever be tarnished ~ whether or not he actually ingested a banned substance

Here's what I hope happens going forward...

- the NFL / drug testing firms tighten things up with regard to process and procedure (pretty embarrassing, if true, that there were SIX previous errors)

- the NFL / media figure out how to keep results non-public UNLESS and UNTIL such time suspensions are deemed valid

Glad the Hawks don't have to do without Sherman (although, they seemed to have picked up the slack for Browner, so far)

===

btw ~ it will be fun to see RGIII vs RWI in the first round, if that's what it comes down to.

Good luck vs. the Cowboys!

Listen, if the up as Adderall in t, the test would ave had suh elevated levels the person giving the sample would be dead. It shows up differently when it is ingested vs piss poured over it. The test would have been thrown out. There is literally a 0% chance he is not guilty. He admitted as much by not challenging the test results, but by challenging chain of custody. The validity of the results were not challenged, just how the sample was handled. Your starting corners cheated. They are PED abusers. Can't deny it.

I read the PDF and in the first paragraph there is a statement that the sample provided by Sherman provided a positive test for performance enhancing drugs - this result was never questioned and the A and B samples confirmed the result - The guy is juicing and he has never ever denied that fact and was never contesting the finding . If you are fine with that then great the question is what other degrees of cheating are you fine with ? Shivs on the field ?

The tester did mess up - but not by using the second cup - he messed up by not properly documenting everything he did and elevating this fairly minor problem (broken cup) up the chain of custody . Most probably Cook is going to be out of his slightly above minimum wage job and most probably on a gross negligence dismissal and can forget about a job in that field again .

Sherman however will not be be tested again because this test has been discarded, and to treat him otherwise, i.e. to test as if he had either given a positive or suspect sample would be discriminatory - Marcus Washington , for example, provided a sample which was deemed to be diluted a couple of years ago and was tested at least three times a week . Never did he provide a positive sample but was treated as if he had done .

Go onto another teams message board defending a drug cheat you need to be sure of your facts - I am also sure you might bring up the Redskins that have been suspended - I see Cedric Griffin and Tanard Jackson in exactly the same light as Sherman - they are cheats and they got caught - they should not be playing the game and they are not playing . Sherman is a cheat and is playing - and you think that is some kind of justice ? You may also bring up Williams and Davis - but they gave a positive test for pot - pot is not a performance enhancing drug - it just apparently makes you stupider - stupid enough to give a positive test for a recreational (and illegal) drug

~ Sherman HAS denied taking anything...

NFL Network

"Yeah, of course I thought I was going to win," Sherman said on the NFL Network show. "I've never taken anything. Going into it, I was surprised when I got the news about a positive test. I had faith the whole time I would win it and hoped the truth would eventually come out."

Yahoo

As he has throughout the process, Sherman again denied taking Adderall, or any other performance-enhancing drug.

~ Sherman has already been tested again (the day his appeal was upheld)

TacomaNewsTribune

Sherman was “randomly selected” by the league to take a urine test before heading out to practice on Thursday.

“That’s the way it works,” Sherman said as he came out of the bathroom. “You can bet I was paying attention today.”

~ I haven't "defended him", merely brought the facts to the table and stated my opinion that the NFL needs to improve their process in this matter - which is obvious.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Again - looking forward to the playoffs and if our teams meet, it should be a great game!

Sorry Lisa, he is lying. Plain and simple. Having been a sample handler, I can tell you, what happened here has nothing to do with a contaminated sample. He wants to get off and keep playing and did anything he could to find an excuse. To try to argue otherwise is just rooting for your team regardless of the facts.

Sorry Lisa, he is lying. Plain and simple. Having been a sample handler, I can tell you, what happened here has nothing to do with a contaminated sample. He wants to get off and keep playing and did anything he could to find an excuse. To try to argue otherwise is just rooting for your team regardless of the facts.

As I said in my first post...

I don't know whether or not Richard Sherman ingested a banned substance.

The "facts" are that he appealed a suspension and it was upheld because of shoddy process which needs to be fixed so that those who are guilty won't get off and those who are not guilty won't be wrongly accused and their reputations tarnished. What about the supposed SIX other tests that were faulty? We don't know the names of those players - as we shouldn't because of the confidentiality rule (that obviously didn't work in this case).

The NFL is a billion dollar industry - we should expect near perfection in process and procedures that affect players reputation and livelihood - not to mention that of their teammates and organizations.

The fact also is that he failed the test and only got off on a technicality. And the process of putting the sample in another cup is not shoddy process, it happens sometimes. That in and of itself doesn't void the test....which again, was positive. I am also very skeptical of the supposed other tests that were faulty. That is lawyer talk to me. And Sherman's reputation is tarnished because anyone who understands the process, like me, knows he did fail the test and is using bull**** to get out of it. That's a fact.

2cents ~

We'll just have to disagree about the "facts".

One that is indisputable is that RS will be playing tomorrow and, barring injury, for a far as the Hawks go in the playoffs.

As a fan of the Seahawks, that is a good thing.

Good luck vs. the Boys ... maybe our teams will meet next weekend ....

't would be fun to see RGIII vs. RWI :)

I would have a real hard time being excited if one of my players cheated by using a banned substance to play better, got caught and got off with lawyer tricks. have fun cheering for that.

I guess I just don't have as many scruples as you ;)

This (from the PDF) is good enough for me to keep cheering for my team ...

In this case, after weighing the differing testimonies of the only two people with first-hand knowledge, Mr. Sherman and Mr. Cook, I do not believe the burden has been met, that the departures, especially in the actual collection of the sample, did not materially affect the validity of the positive test.

Accordingly, Mr. Sherman's appeal is granted and the discipline is reversed.

Sincerely,

Robert E. Wallace, Jr.

Archived