Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VIDEO: Rob Parker Questions RGIII "Is he a brother or is he a cornball brother?"

AVTizzle

In all of the debatable moments in the history of First Take, this is one of the most debatable. Weekend First Take "star" Rob Parker offered bizarre commentary about Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III that is unbelievable even by Rob Parker's standards. It all started because of a First Take debate on quotes RGIII gave USA Today about not having to be defined by his race.

Parker began the discussion on RGIII's comments and floated the question asking if RGIII was "a brother or a cornball brother." Parker then threw out speculation and questioned RGIII for being a Republican and having a white fiance. After a question from Skip Bayless, Parker then affirmed RGIII was a "brother" because he wore braids. Stephen A. Smith came on directly after Parker and appeared as the voice of reason, saying "I'm uncomfortable with where we just went. RGIII, the ethnicity, the color of his fiance is none of our business, it's irrelevant, he can live his life any way he chooses... I don't judge someone's blackness based on those types of things."

Here's the video evidence...

read on...

While Rob Parker can be an idiot, I can understand where he is coming from. I mean, Tiger Woods, whom EVERYONE knows is black, pretty much told Oprah that he wasnt black so I can totally understand Rob's position.

In this situation, Rob is wrong, I mean, the first thing RG3 said in his interview was "I'm a black man in American and thats never gonna change."

Also, him being republican isnt a big deal. Yes, black people (myself included) typically vote democrat, but most military people I know vote repluclican. Hell, when I was in the Marines, I voted republican.

Oh. My God.

This is the most asinine thing I have ever seen from a sports journalist, and believe me, I've seen some bull****. I think the people who were on the panel did a good job with the situation they were presented with, and Skip Bayless, with one pointed question, was even able to make Parker backtrack.

I'd be extremely surprised if Parker isn't disciplined by the network for this.

But for real, is RG3 a Republican? I've never heard anything about his political affiliation.

While Rob Parker can be an idiot, I can understand where he is coming from. I mean, Tiger Woods, whom EVERYONE knows is black, pretty much told Oprah that he wasnt black so I can totally understand Rob's position.

In this situation, Rob is wrong, I mean, the first thing RG3 said in his interview was "I'm a black man in American and thats never gonna change."

Agreed. However this moron should be canned no questions asked.

Imagine a WHITE commentator - hell imagine Skip bayless saying RG3 isn't really black because he has a white girlfriend. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The double standard in this country is absurd at this point. Its racist. It doesn't matter what color this guy is. It doesn't matter that he is speaking for "Barbershops". I find it amazing that in 2012 african american people who have a real voice in this country's media don't understand that being a racist themselves doesn't actually advance the cause for equality at all. Having Stephen "n-word please" Smith having to talk this guy out of getting himself fired this afternoon only makes this more ridiculous. ESPN should be ashamed of itself for having these bafoons representing them.

:doh:

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 02:38 PM ----------

Who is Rob Parker?

Isn't he spiderman? HAHAHAHAHA

I thought RGIII was specifically not disclosing his political affiliation. I think "Republican" is just want some people are speculating.

I think the bigger issue is this moron's premise that a black man can't be a republican. The level of stupidity withh this parker guys is staggering. Off the charts stupid.

I'm kind of shocked. Is it april fools or something? What the ****!? God damn we must be a big deal because I've never heard **** like this before. God forbid RG3 doesn't fit parkers "ideals" of being an African american.

And what the hell is this "cause"? Is there some african american cause I don't know about? Rebels against society or something? This guy obviously heard he was getting fired prior to saying this or something. He doesn't deserve a job that's for sure!

This would be highly offensive if anyone actually watched this show.

Jokes aside, this is very offensive. And he needs to be fired.

Archived