Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andy Polin & Steve Czban removed from ESPN980s Sports Reporters

OxonHillSkinsFan89

STATEMENT FROM RED ZEBRA BROADCASTING

Washington D.C. (December 11, 2012) - We strongly believe two of our employees crossed the line when discussing a transgender student-athlete on their program last Thursday. Such intolerance and insensitivity will never be tolerated by this company. Due to the nature of their conversation, the pair have been temporarily removed from ESPN980’s Sports Reporters program.

Who likes their show? I'm a fan of Tony K, Sports fix and the Locker Room show has grown on me. I hated it because I dislike Brian Mitchell but it has been enjoyable to listen to when I get a chance. I'm usually home by the time Sports Reporters is on but the times I have caught it, it didn't really appeal to me.

I used to listen to SPorts reporters but no longer listen to any ESPN 980 talk shows not named Kornheiser

I remember when they used to have Tony on the radio call in and opine on issues back in the day

Anyway hope they come back soon and apologize. They are best in time slot for the region. WJFK has largely garbage for talk show hosts.

I don't think an indication of when they will return has been made. I think this is Pollin's first suspension. Czabe has been suspended before. Kornheiser has been suspended. What kind of operation are they running over there? lol

Nothing, NOTHING, beats Chad being suspended last year (and Drab getting removed from the show) for talking **** about Lavar behind his back on their office IM. That says all you need to know about that show.

RIP WJFK. I miss you everyday.

IMHO It's better than Chad and LaVar. I can't believe they have listeners they way they talk to them.

Absolutely better than Chad and Lavar. The only show I won't listen to on 980 over 106.7 is Doc and BMitch 2pm-4pm.

Hopefully they'll be back soon.

Who likes their show?

I do. Normally a pretty integral part of my 45 minute commute home.

IMHO It's better than Chad and LaVar. I can't believe they have listeners they way they talk to them.

You get a much better appreciation for the Sports reporters and Czabe after any amount of listening to those clowns.

Very, very stupid of them. They should know better as broadcasters, even if they are that ignorant and classless as people to call someone "It".

It's not the first time a transgender or intersex athlete has participated in a woman's sport, raising issues of what's fair based on prior physical development, or genetic advantages. It's not likely that they haven't been exposed to the subject as it was a hot topic recently at both the World Track & Field Championships and the Olympics with Caster Semenya. It's completely legitimate for a sports show to discuss what's fair, along with age eligibility for college sports, but they went for the cheapest and nastiest path they could

The best show on ESPN 980 hands down is the Sports Fix. I used to hate it because of Thom Levero's voice, but now that is my man.

As far as this situation goes, I don't think they meant harm, but you gotta watch what you say. You shouldn't talk like that at all about anybody, let alone do it on a big time radio show.

The best show on ESPN 980 hands down is the Tony Kornheiser show

Frequently refuses to sugarcoat the Wizards and other terrible teams in the region and frequently calls them out for being terrible or choke artists

"9-20"

Some may say he doesn't talk sports, but I don't really mind because he has a lot of interesting insight on a wide range of topics. A few days ago he bashed jazz as being too "hipster" :ols:

The best show on ESPN 980 hands down is the Tony Kornheiser show

Frequently refuses to sugarcoat the Wizards and other terrible teams in the region and frequently calls them out for being terrible or choke artists

"9-20"

Some may say he doesn't talk sports, but I don't really mind because he has a lot of interesting insight on a wide range of topics. A few days ago he bashed jazz as being too "hipster" :ols:

On PTI he is the man, but that radio show aint for me. I don't think he filled in this year, but I swear when filled in for him last summer, it was some of the best radio I ever heard.

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 05:46 PM ----------

Most of 980 these days is unlistenable to me.

I can listen to Doc and B-Mitch, but I get enough of them on Sports Talk Live. Speaking of that show, I am so mad that Ivan Carter isn't with CSN anymore. I don't know if people watched that show, but I think him and Mitchell had good chemistry.

Very, very stupid of them. They should know better as broadcasters, even if they are that ignorant and classless as people to call someone "It".

It's not the first time a transgender or intersex athlete has participated in a woman's sport, raising issues of what's fair based on prior physical development, or genetic advantages. It's not likely that they haven't been exposed to the subject as it was a hot topic recently at both the World Track & Field Championships and the Olympics with Caster Semenya. It's completely legitimate for a sports show to discuss what's fair, along with age eligibility for college sports, but they went for the cheapest and nastiest path they could

What did they say? Seems to me like radio executives never stand behind their employees and are usually too quick to get rid of them. You pay them to do one thing, and suspend them for doing it. Those Australians got fired for a prank call that went nowhere and happening to come across an extremely unstable person. The fake reactions from management are ridiculous.

I can listen to Doc and B-Mitch, but I get enough of them on Sports Talk Live.

Yeah, they're ok.

Every now and then I flip on the Sports Reporters on my way home from work to see what they're doing, and I'm quickly reminded of why I don't listen to them. They're not particularly insightful, they're not particularly funny, they're not particularly entertaining. I just don't get the appeal.

Archived