Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Garcon + Meriweather = Win over Philly???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Bye week could not have come at a better time.

Right now, we look like we suck, to the point we don't even want to excuse our lack of talent for losing like this. But I'm really asking myself, this year, with what we have right now, can Garcon and Meriweather coming back make any bit of difference? Will them being healthy and starting in the Philly home game coming off the bye-week be enough at WR and DB to beat Philly?

I feel it will. But I don't know if we can stay perfect and win out to get into the playoffs. We're basically in a spot where one screw up (like a flue dallas game) and we have seven losses. Feels sorta like too little, too late.

I for one feel even though its not what you want Shanny to say about this season being over, a lot of the fan base already felt that way when many started leaving early with it still being only a two score game at most. Evaluations ARE being done right now to see who's coming back next year. But I'm still keeping in my we still had 151 yards rushing and Cam only had 119 yards passing outside that 82 yard heartbreaker.

I don't see much if any elite talent on this team that played today to be the difference between winning and losing. It's definitely not Banks, and I'm more then willing to take cap space back for cutting some players like Hall and Moss. Hopefully we did hit on Meriweather and Garcon. Otherwise, Shanny's seat may be hotter then I thought...

They're going to shut Garcon down now that the competitive portion of the season is over.

The rest of the season is about keeping RG3 healthy and sane. And hopefully installing a new defense.

Yeah I dont see Garcon coming back. I dont think Meriweather makes a difference but its good to see him back and get back in shape and see what he can do for next season.

I still believe we have enough talent at WR without Garçon. He's our best player at the position, but our pass catchers are open and either not making plays or being missed by Griffin.

Thats true and won't be popular but Griffin makes quick decisionand usually hits the short guy but there are alot of guys open deeper that he misses. I dont blame him though, he knows he only has a second before the guy on Polumbus knocks his head off.

I for one feel even though its not what you want Shanny to say about this season being over, a lot of the fan base already felt that way when many started leaving early with it still being only a two score game at most.

And with us being down by two TDs with six minutes left and having just given Carolina the ball back, we absolutely had to start using timeouts at that point. But we didn't, and the reason why was Shanahan was either clueless or gutless. Just not sure which.

The way we have been playing, I am really concerned about keeping our only 2 stud players healthy, ie RG III and Albert Morris. At some point,I know this may not be politically correct, but it may be prudent to pull both out and let Cousins and others play offense.

The way we have been playing, I am really concerned about keeping our only 2 stud players healthy, ie RG III and Albert Morris. At some point,I know this may not be politically correct, but it may be prudent to pull both out and let Cousins and others play offense.

This makes no sense, rgiii needs all the game reps possible

And with us being down by two TDs with six minutes left and having just given Carolina the ball back, we absolutely had to start using timeouts at that point. But we didn't, and the reason why was Shanahan was either clueless or gutless. Just not sure which.

Are you saying that's why you left? People we're leaving earlier then that. Still, I won't be shocked to see a little less flags flying around down here the next couple days. Hampton Roads media can get pretty brutal when the skins start losing. Tired of losing, man...

Thats true and won't be popular but Griffin makes quick decisionand usually hits the short guy but there are alot of guys open deeper that he misses. I dont blame him though, he knows he only has a second before the guy on Polumbus knocks his head off.

He's a rookie and should be making mistakes...I'm fine with it. I just don't see garçon changing our offensive output all that much. Merriweather could help the D though.

007, this is just a terrible idea. If anything we need to ride Griffin as much as possible, let him air it out 30-40+ times a game. He has to learn the passes he can and cant make and what he can get away with. He needs to get more comfortable throwing in a normal NFL passing game not running the gimmicky stuff he is doing here.

If Garcon is not ~100% in 2 weeks, IR the man so that he can fully recover by OTAs. Let Merriweather play until he hurts his vagina again, then IR him.

The main thing for the remainder of the season is letting RG3 grow, but keep him as safe as possible. They may even want to let Cousins start a game or two to get some experience.

Archived