Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The V Word... need some help

USS Redskins

My wife and I recently had our 3rd - a new Redskinette.... totally unplanned. I was freaking out for months but everything is working out, though I just took a 10% pay cut at work (but I do get every other Friday off at work thru the end of the year)... but the baby is a doll and I couldnt be happier.

Now - the wife cant have anymore children (too much scar tissue) which is fine because I am way past done - which means I have to get a Vasectomy. She brought a pamphlet home from her doctors appt this week and it makes my balls ache just thinking about it.

It doesnt seem too big a deal but I really hate the idea of someone messing around with the plumbing... I heard a few horror stories about things swelling to the size of grapefruits...

Anyone out there had it done? Can you give me some good feedback?

I think the main thing that spooks me is that it will be really cold in the office and the nurse will be there...:doh: ha ha thats a joke...

12/7/09 Update: Had this done last week, finally. It took about 40 minutes and it was pretty bad. Needles where you dont want them... the numbness wore off after about 2 hours and the next 10 hours was some of the worst pain I ever felt - It was a constant throb of pain... I had pain killers which really didnt start working until around midnight. I iced the area and took it easy all weekend (the Saints loss did not help at all). The wife and I went shopping and I had to walk really slowly... but I am much better today - just a bit of discomfort.

OUCH. Just glad its over.

ive heard it is an out patient procedure and it only takes a few days to heal up. you have to "finish" a few times before you are actually shooting blanks but I know of a few men who had it done and never had any problems or side effects.

I thought this was going to be another 'trash Cerrato' thread, so I was quick to jump in. :)

Anyway...I know of a few that have had this done and had absolutely no issues with it. But I certainly understand the hesitation.

Someone explain this to me:

-Why is it always the man? What about the woman getting her tubes tied?

:whoknows:

She gets to endure pregnancy and giving birth. It's time for the man to step up and do his part! She's endured more than enough already.

Also, like the pp said, getting your tubes tied is major surgery. You need to go under anesthesia, and I think the recovery is 6 weeks. A vasectomy requires just a local anesthetic, and you're good as new in a couple of days.

i had one a while back. unfortunately, i was one of the 1% that had some lingering pain. the VAST majority (literally 99%) of guys are back to work on monday after a friday vasectomy. not me. it took about 2-3 months for me to be back to normal and pain free. i'm not sure if the doc nick a nerve or what, but it wasn't pretty. the good news is that the pain went away, everything still works, and it didn't require any other procedures to correct a mistake.

all in all, i'm glad that i had it done, but it wasn't the cake-walk that everyone made it out to be.

Had it done about 18 yrs ago, no problems and the pain and recovery were short.

There does still remain a tender spot that remains even now where I assume they knotted it,but long as you don't sit on your nads or get too rough:chair: it is not a issue.

Ice and a little taking it easy and it's usually nothing

Going w/o for weeks sucked though

thanks for the responses.... I am just a bit nervous.... I pray I am not in the 1%, sorry to hear that DC Hogs.

B&G4EVer - I am perfectly willing to get it done. I wanted to after the 2nd but she got all pissy with me over it and look what happened... now she is really pushing me and I am just, you know, nervous...

Why can't your wife just get birth control shots? Wouldn't that be easier? And you could wrap your tool to be extra safe but you probably wouldn't even need too.

She took them for a while and they made her insane. We were literally headed for divorce court and she even said that one time she was so mad at me that if she had a sharp object I would have been disemboweled.

I had it done about two years ago. In and out. They give you a valium before hand and Codine about an hour before surgery. My wife was present during it.

I laid on the couch for about 3 days with a bag of frozen peas laying on my crotch. Not too bad.

The only thing to worry about is you could have develop a scrotal cyst which will eventually blowout from the pipes being backed up so to speak.

I recommend having your count checked before hand and get it done by a urologist, not your family physician.

She took them for a while and they made her insane. We were literally headed for divorce court and she even said that one time she was so mad at me that if she had a sharp object I would have been disemboweled.

yeesh, yea you better get that vasectomy asap. lol

Good luck.

thanks for the responses.... I am just a bit nervous.... I pray I am not in the 1%, sorry to hear that DC Hogs.

B&G4EVer - I am perfectly willing to get it done. I wanted to after the 2nd but she got all pissy with me over it and look what happened... now she is really pushing me and I am just, you know, nervous...

Understandable to be nervous! I hope that you're in the 99% where it goes smoothly, and it's so worth it not to need any kind of birth control!

DCHogs, I'm very sorry to hear that you had lingering pain for so long. At least the pain eventually ended, but still, I'm sorry you had that experience.

Someone asked why not get the birth control shots. For some people, those extra hormones wreak havoc on a woman's system. When I used to take birth control pills, I was throwing up for several hours for the first pill of each cycle. Yup, once a month I was puking in order to use birth control pills. Of course, that was good training for morning sickness, when I was puking for weeks. :doh:

Archived