Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laron Landry

dwbiggs

does NO other safety on our team have the speed to play free safety? I guess not.

Just like last year, the only time you will hear our FS mentioned is when teams blindly try to go deep on us.

I must eat crow i had lobbied for LL to be moved up to Strong so he could force some turnovers vs waiting for a dumb QB to throw him some. But our FS again is a deterrent and it must be a part of us being 4-1. That, and the emergence of Horton as a playmaker at SS. It makes moving LL unnecessary.

so far our D has looked decent. not some big plays or games but they get the job done and help our offense win and vice versa. So far Im liking what Im seeing but would love to see some more pass rush.

Thank god Rocky caught up and slowed Basket(?) on that breakaway play, Landry got turned around and looked lost. I think he'll be OK, he's still raw and young. Remember, he's supposed to be a SS.

i wont even fault landry on that play, horton and rogers or whoever the other guy was ****ed up bigtime on that play, we got lucky that rocky caught him as you said. man i was fuming on that play

so far our D has looked decent. not some big plays or games but they get the job done and help our offense win and vice versa. So far Im liking what Im seeing but would love to see some more pass rush.

I agree, if I was going to pick a weakness with this team so far it would be pass rush. Hopefully JT will remedy that.

does NO other safety on our team have the speed to play free safety? I guess not.

Just like last year, the only time you will hear our FS mentioned is when teams blindly try to go deep on us.

I must eat crow i had lobbied for LL to be moved up to Strong so he could force some turnovers vs waiting for a dumb QB to throw him some. But our FS again is a deterrent and it must be a part of us being 4-1. That, and the emergence of Horton as a playmaker at SS. It makes moving LL unnecessary.

IMO Springs would be a better FS but like you I digress, after Hortons play whats the point. :rolleyes:

LL is a big part of the reason Desean Jackson had a mediocre game at the WR position. Landry did have 2 tackles in the game though, but like others said, typically if you don't hear his name it's cuz we had a good day on D. Landry will get his just as soon as a team becomes impatient enough to try and throw deep on us.

Archived