Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laron Landry

dwbiggs

i think everyone is a huge sean homer. No one can honestly say that sean was better in coverage than laron in his second season. laron has been immense.

difference between Sean and Landry is that Sean got INT's, Landry doesn't.. There is no way that offenses are more worried about Landry then they were Sean..impossible

Springs was the only one there before Landry, who was five feet away when TO caught the ball.

Springs jumps on his back and slows him down, but Landry's brain explodes and he does absolutely nothing to help stop the touchdown.

Check out the screenshot I attached or the NFL films highlights at 6:55 - Shilsu is right about this one.

I think Landry will turn out to be a great player, but he's not there yet and I think people are talking him up too much right now.

this was already discussed in the Landry is the Heart and Soul of our Defense thread: here is a video of said play..

2:26 into this video, tell me what he is doing..

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b33912

I agree, if I was going to pick a weakness with this team so far it would be pass rush. Hopefully JT will remedy that.

Yes, we haven't been able to consistently apply pressure on the QB. We have forced a few turnovers but it's scary how good this unit COULD be if only we can put a bit more pressure on the QB. We're barely bending and not breaking at all. If JT can produce even a few extra QB pressures and sacks we could see this D-fence start to look more like Blache's Bears D.

As for Landry, we haven't heard his name much for good reason. He isn't being tested but I'm guessing in the next few weeks his name will be mentioned a lot more. Credit should also be given to the CBs who have played exceptionally well thus far.

difference between Sean and Landry is that Sean got INT's, Landry doesn't.. There is no way that offenses are more worried about Landry then they were Sean..impossible

Landry can't get an INT if opposing teams don't throw deep. Sorry, that seems to indicate that they're more worried about Landry.

Yeah, people dont realize that teams havent completed deep passes on us because Landry (and the rest of the secondary) are playing high high level football.

Just cause he isnt in the highlights or filling out the stat sheet doesnt mean he isnt doing itch big. BTW he has 4 passes deflected already.

Archived