Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Dog Died :(

The Sisko

You all may have noticed that I haven't been around much for a while. That's because in addition to having several family members hospitalized and/or operated on during that time, I also had to have my dog put to sleep last week.

Sinbad was a dearly loved member of our family and will be sorely missed. I have created a memorial for him at: http://Sinbad01.critters.com

Please feel free to peruse his site and see, at least in part, why we loved him so much.

Losing a dog is always tough. When I was 18 he had to put our dog to sleep, he was 17, so he was around for as long as I could remember at that point. It was pretty sad for me and my dad. Life will go on, Sinbad was lucky to have someone to care about him as much as you did. Just as you'll never forget the difference the dog made in your life, you should know just how huge of a difference you made in his life.

I hope things go well for the rest of your family as well, stay strong.

Sorry to hear. It is tough and have had to go through that twice, it is hard on people, and can also be hard on any other dogs in the household too. When we had to put to sleep Mookie, our first dog, the vet told us to bring her home and a little cardboard casket and let the others dogs sniff it so they know their sister has passed. Our other dogs, Lucky and Allie were very saddened too, not being as active and mopping around like the rest of us. I think it took Lucky the hardest of everyone in the house to move on. Its sad to loose a dog, but just put a few pictures up on the fridge and think of the good times you had with the dog. Eventually you'll be alright and whenever you pass those pictures, you'll be able to smile.

I am sorry for your loss. Losing a 4 legged member of one's family is always hard, especially when it is up to us to make that final decesion. After reading your memorial page, it is clear that your life was made much richer for having known Sinbad.

Also, I hope all is well with your family and I wish them a speedy recovery.

One of the most beautiful dogs i have ever seen. I am truly sorry for your loss. Sinbad must have been an amazing dog. I also put my cat to sleep 3 years ago. If she were alie today she would be 23 as you can tell she was older than me and she had been there from my birth through high school. She always slept on my bed next to my head like a guardian angel.

Pets are so tough to lose because they are such innocent creatures who provide nothing but unconditional love and happiness, its as if they deserve to live forever at least its how i feel in my heart.

yusuf what an amazing tribute to a very special friend. it made me tear up to read that. i lost one of mine last year and felt as if i had lost a child.

in this time of dogfighting and it is only an animal attitudes i truly feel sorry for someone who lives their life without the love of an animal. their lives are that much more empty because they will never experience the joy of looking into the eyes of their pets and seeing the love in them.

Archived