Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lost In The Madness of Losing: Graham Gano

PerryMason

While all of us were (and some still are) upset about losing to the Cowboys, one thing that many would have been highlighting had we won that game was the play of Gano.

He was 3/4 on field goals, and the only one he missed wasn't his fault. Additionally he had a 50 yard field goal to tie the game!

I know a lot of people have taken issue with him for missing a chip shot earlier in the season and nearly ALL of us probably said "oh lord" when he lined up from 50, but he deserves at least a little praise even though we didn't win.

Here is to Graham Gano, proving himself this week.

I'm pretty confident in him on the long range kicks. It seems like the distance doesnt really determine his accuracy. His number of short misses is too high but he nails the big ones more consistently relative to the difficulty of the kick. This is anecdotal, I don't have his stats in front of me but its just the feel I get.

Gano is doing fine,, ever since his first kick of the year he's been straight and true.

He is currently one of the only bright spots on our usual horrid special teams.

~Bang

Oh jeez...

What has been horrid ? Seriously ? Got a kick blocked(Orakpo blocked a kick) & Rocca's botched snap that was solely on him...

What is horrid ? Hell, the kicker starts banging 50 yarders & u STILL complain lol

I was impressed, and hey, A for effort on the one he missed. He still kicked it even though it was hardly even set.

The kickoffs were great too, i loved how almost all of them angled out of the end zone so that they were pretty much forced touchbacks. I don't see many people doing that, and im thinking that's what he was trying when he kicked it out of bounds against the angry birds.

I really wish he had a chance to kick the game winner

I do too...it would have been interesting. I'm sure I'm just being a homer, but the way both kickers never really came close to missing a FG, I think had we gotten inside the 40, he had a pretty good shot to make it.

---------- Post added September-29th-2011 at 10:06 AM ----------

Oh jeez...

What has been horrid ? Seriously ? Got a kick blocked(Orakpo blocked a kick) & Rocca's botched snap that was solely on him...

What is horrid ? Hell, the kicker starts banging 50 yarders & u STILL complain lol

Our returns were pitiful on Monday night. Pitiful. Credit Dallas if you want...but in a game that featured one TD, any type of big time return would have been HUGE.

Yeah I was saying to my friend after the 50 yarder that I have confidence in him over 40...it's weird

Took a look at his career stats and :

20-29 - 87%

30-39- 45%

40-49- 82%

Doesn't make too much sense haha

That is bizarre...how do his percentages change when you remove the blocks? I know that both this year came between 30-39...but I'm sure it doesn't account for the entire disparity.

Archived