Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 50 Guys Movies from the 1990's

CheatorBeat

Thought you guys would like this one.

The Top 50 Guys Movies from the 1990's.

See the link for all 50, with explanations, actors, memorable quotes, etc.

Here is the Top 10:

1 - Fight Club

2 - The Matrix

3 - Pulp Fiction

4 - The Shawshank Redemption

5 - The Usual Suspects

6 - Heat

7 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

8 - Saving Private Ryan

9 - Hard Boiled

10- Braveheart

What movies do you think are missing? Which are your favorites?

I personally like The Big Hit and Striptease for this list. Not great movies, but good guy movies from the 90's, that I think should have been on there. I also would have put saving Private Ryan and Braveheart in the Top 5.

What was Hard Boiled?

FTA:

9. Hard Boiled, 1992

Premise: A pair of cops team together to take down a dangerous Hong Kong Triad.

Director: John Woo

Stars: Chow Yun-Fat and Tony Leung

What you’ll Remember: The hospital shootout.

Reasons it is on the List: John Woo is simply one of the best action directors around, and this is his best work of the 1990s (although not his best work overall, it may be his best pure action film), better than his Hollywood fare like Face/Off or Broken Arrow. The man brought style to action, making Chow Yun Fat an action star. Here, he usually can be seen toothpick in mouth, a gun in each hand, and involved in a stylized gunfight.

I'm sorry, but I don't know why the Matrix is in there, especially over Pulp Fiction and T2. Shawshank is questionable, too. It's a very good film, perhaps overrated, depending on who you ask. But you definitely get more man card points watching T2 and Pulp over Shawshank and Matrix.

Goodfellas and Reservoir Dogs being left out of the top 10 is a joke.

I can't really make a judgment on whether or not it deserves to be #1. Never have had the urge to get in to it. I mostly hear girls talk about it anyway, because of Brad Pitt.

Do you know the plot of Fight Club? If not, you should just sit down and watch the entire thing, it is slow at first, but the climax to the denouement is probably one of the best in the last 10 years

Top 50 doesn't mean they're all good. Maybe if they picked the top 50 of all time, but the top 50 from any one decade? Sorry, there aren't 5 good 'guy' movies that come out each year.

5*10=50..... Okay your math checks out this time... But I'm watching you....

That is the thing about these lists posts. Obviously everyone has their own list, and opinions. I never fully agree with a list like this, but I can appreciate the effort that went into it, and the fact that it reminds me of some great movies (from when I actually used to watch them). Making a list like this is tough, even on this board we can't even agree if Fight Club is good or not.

That is the thing about these lists posts. Obviously everyone has their own list, and opinions. I never fully agree with a list like this, but I can appreciate the effort that went into it, and the fact that it reminds me of some great movies (from when I actually used to watch them). Making a list like this is tough, even on this board we can't even agree if Fight Club is good or not.

No no no.

We all agree Fight Club is good, there is just a minority that fails to see the obvious :silly:

Starship Troopers????? FAIL.

Where the heck is Harley Davidson & the Marlboro Man with Mickey Rourke, Don Johnson, Tom Sizemore, Vanessa Williams, Tia Carrera, Kelly Hu and a bit part played by former WWF star Big John Studd.

I think someone wanted to make this movie simply so they could use Bon Jovi's "wanted Dead or Alive" as the main song in the soundtrack.

Fight Club is an amazing movie, I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago and it was great. Directing, acting, screenplay, art design, everything was superb.

How the hell is Boondock Saints not in the top 10?

kinda off topic, but boondock Saints 2 is in production.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/21/boondock-saints-2-plot-revealed/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300851/

BONUS! That hot girl who plays Rita, the girlfriend in the show Dexter will be in it as well.

Archived