Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ugh, Mouse 1, Me 0

Get Pissed

You probably can't scrape all the glue away, so try dissolving it with a solvent. I'd start with WD-40 and move upward in potency from there: paint thinner, engine degreaser, etc.

Bonus points if you get rid of the glue without dissolving away the sole of your shoe.

Edit: Dictator beat me to it.

My cat ran across one of those once and hauled butt out to the driveway because it got stuck to his back foot and my dad had to chase him down before he got caught up in it. Then he just bounced around the driveway for a while because his feet were so sticky.

My mouse was also exceedingly intelligent.

I set up a trap. Put it right on the living room floor. And waited.

The little ****** strolls up one day at 5AM. Passes right by the trap. Looks at the trap, looks in my direction at like, "Dude, comeon..". And goes merrily about his business, ignoring the trap. And I had some goood swiss cheese on that trap, the expensive organic stuff.

What's weird is, I havent seen him since. Like he took mental note of the trap, and decided, "looks like Ive overstayed my welcome...".

I kinda miss him.

In the last place I rented before buying, I started using those ultra-high frequency sonic emitters that you plug into the wall. Nothing else worked, so why not.

Suddenly, our mice disappeared. Then one day, I was sitting down to dinner and noticed that there was a mouse running in tight circles in the middle of the floor. Apparently, the sonic emitters confuse the everloving hell out of the mice and get them so disoriented they can't even think straight.

My cat made short work of that particular mouse. And that was the last mouse I ever saw in that place.

So I'm a convert to the plug-in thingies. They definitely worked for me.

Also, cats. Get an active one and it'll figure out where to camp, motionless, all night long patiently waiting for the mouse. Nature's mousetrap.

In the last place I rented before buying, I started using those ultra-high frequency sonic emitters that you plug into the wall. Nothing else worked, so why not.

Suddenly, our mice disappeared. Then one day, I was sitting down to dinner and noticed that there was a mouse running in tight circles in the middle of the floor. Apparently, the sonic emitters confuse the everloving hell out of the mice and get them so disoriented they can't even think straight.

My cat made short work of that particular mouse. And that was the last mouse I ever saw in that place.

So I'm a convert to the plug-in thingies. They definitely worked for me.

Also, cats. Get an active one and it'll figure out where to camp, motionless, all night long patiently waiting for the mouse. Nature's mousetrap.

my brother has an internet connection that follows the same theory as those rodent thingies. changes the frequency of the AC running through the house, so plug, so he can plug one of 'em into any of our outlets and get wired internet.

Sorry for your misfortune but i needed a laugh tonight and your title had me laughing my ass off!

Good luck!

:cheers: hahahah I do what I can brother! trust me it is indeed hilarious!

Thanks all for the advice. There are many suggestions to choose from. What if I just let my shoe soak in hot water for like 2-3 days. Would that do anything? I'm not too concerned now as I originally was. All the suggestions seem harmless and relatively easy.

Oh and the mouse trap was at my job, not my house for all those curious. Actually at a pizza place I workout. It's a ma and pa type of place and the owner is cheap as hell so the only effort he is investing in this situation is just glue traps. Getting a Cat would definitely be health violation and the plug ins a few have suggested would be to pricey for him. Trust me he is cheap. So I guess I just have to avoid the landmines and be more cautious at work.

Thanks all...stupid mouse causing me sticky heels.

Yeah, those glue traps can be nasty. We caught one and it was still alive, so I took it outside and was going to release it. Well when I tried to pull it off, I literally pulled its leg off (or rather the leg stayed stuck when the rest of the mouse came away from the glue). I felt sorry for it. It would have been a horrible slow tortuous death so I stepped on it's head to put it out of its misery.

Yeah, those glue traps can be nasty. We caught one and it was still alive, so I took it outside and was going to release it. Well when I tried to pull it off, I literally pulled its leg off (or rather the leg stayed stuck when the rest of the mouse came away from the glue). I felt sorry for it. It would have been a horrible slow tortuous death so I stepped on it's head to put it out of its misery.

Thats why I use the old fashioned mouse traps. Those glue things are inhumane.

Take a lesson from FearOurD! and dispatch it with a BB pistol once its caught. More humane than your draw and quartering!

We had the glue traps at my old office at work. They would get stuck in them and then pass out from exhaustion trying to escape overnight. In the morning when you would pickup the trap it would wake up and start freaking out. We use to drown them in a bucket of water instead of stomping them. It wasn't fun thats for sure and I felt sorry for it until I did it so much it didn't bother me anymore.

Thats why I use the old fashioned mouse traps. Those glue things are inhumane.

I caught 3 in one glue trap once. And I hear the screeching and I didn't know what to do with them so I just threw the trap in the trash and I could hear them trying to get free. They finally froze but I felt so bad and will never use a glue trap again.

Archived