Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comeback, blowout, or nailbiter

Burgold

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Which is your favorite type of Redskins game to watch?

I love a blowout. I get to enjoy the whole game and relax, make jokes, and goof around. I'm a better person to be around. Nailbiters are the worst, a close back and forth game is exciting, but they have never found a cure for Norvitous, and a nailbiter is just too much of a rollercoaster. A Marty game where the goal is to win 7-6 is just too damn stressful.

Now, I do love a comeback... especially after it is done or if you really feel it happening. 2005 and the two miracle bombs against Dallas was a high like none other. But those fifty minutes of hard defense and frustration were just so painful.

So, in the end, though a blowout can get boring... it is still my favorite.

I agree with the OP...I prefer the rare Redskins blowout. The game vs the Lions last season was so enjoyable for me. It's nice to see you favorite team dominate every once and a while and when it happens, any true fan will swell with pride.

A nailbiter is best when you're at the game, like that blocked field goal against Dallas a few years ago(Blowouts are good too, like the Lions game last year was good). A blowout is best against a division rival, so the Giants, Cowboys,and Eagles fans shut up. And a comeback is best to watch on TV:gaintsuck:eaglesuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

come back is easily the most fun to watch. blow out is actually more stressful than it seems because I am always thinking the next play is when everything goes to ***t. However, my faithfulness always makes me think the skins can/will come back. Except for the patriots game, I just wanted that to end. The cowboys game when Moss came back with 2 TDs, yea I actually waited for that to happen. Definitely comebacks.

I prefer a blowout. Nothing beats the utter annihilation of the opposing team. This is especially true if it's against a rival team. While the 2005 comeback against the Cowboys was great, blowing them out later that season and damaging their playoff chances was even better. The 2005 drubbing of the 49ers was also fun to watch.

Its gotta be a nailbiter. A comeback is nice, but if we're behind too much too early you begin to lose hope, and the players might too, ad really people are just praying for a miracle. But I'm more interested in going blow for blow with another team and saying I can compete with you throughout the whole game.

A blowout is nice for the stats and the impression it leaves on fans, but normally the sub in the backups and then its just not fun to watch. In my childhood days I was a fan of Gary Clark (#1) and Art Monk (#2). I don't want to see us putting in some backup who hasn't learned to run routes yet. Its just not good football.

During the game, it's hard to say a nailbiter, because you won't really know the outcome. I'd say a blowout, is the best game, just like someone else said, it's relaxing. I happen to take games seriously, so I wouldn't want a nailbiter, Gibbs put me through enough of those, even when we had big enough leads, so I'm looking for something new, and not comebacks.

Blowout. Blowout. Blowout.

I'm probably not the only ES'er who, with advancing vintage, feels the stress of nailbiters and comebacks more with each passing year. In my youngers those suckers just got me fired up, but now...

Maybe I just picked a bad time to quit sniffing glue. :doh1:

I have a philosophy which is backed up by no scientific evidence, only the data I've enjoyed collecting that supports my philosophy (and ignoring the data that disagrees with it).

But I think that the better your team is at winning these close games, the better their chances are at winning the super bowl. I came to this conclusion after Indy won their super bowl. Previously they had been winning games by 30-40 points and just having fun. Then in the playoffs they'd lose the close games. Then they played close games and won many of them and won the SB. Look also at Tampa, Baltimore, Pittsburg - all of them were winning close games. Look at indy last year, they weren't winning close games.

The prosecution rests.

Blowout wins are more fun to watch (pounding Dallas at home 35-7) but we fans always seem to talk about the comeback wins longer (14-13 at Dallas). Nailbiter wins take a toll on me. I always feel pleasantly exhausted after a nailbiter.

HTTR

p.s. I want to put it on record that I will take a Redskin win any way we can get it.:silly:

:point2sky

The comback. The feeling of being down and then coming back and winning is much better than a blowout. Now, I cant say I dont like a blowout, but I'm one of those guys that "likes a good game". Blowouts are not good games, and for the msot part are pretty boring. That and knowing your team can rally when things are tough makes me feel better about the team overall. That and those kinds of games will be with you longer than blowing some team out.

Blowout. The Niners game a couple of years ago comes to mind. I can't stand watching my beloved team build a lead only to blow it with ultra-conservative playcalling. I was at the Cardinals game last year, and even though we won, it felt like a loss because they had no business being in the game.

Archived